Beyond Embarkation Lunch

Upon embarkation on the Beyond, I do not want to go to the buffet for lunch. What are some other places to have lunch on embarkation day?  It can be a restaurant that is not included in the fare. 

We love the French Bistro, it has a cover of 30 per person but great food. It is on 5. Thats our go to to avoid the buffet even on Port days. Sea days we do mdr that is open usually Cosmopolitan. 

I second Le Grand Bistro for lunch.   Very good food and you avoid the feeding frenzy.  You also have the Mast Grill and Raw on 5.  

If you book the Premium Access pass, which upgrades your WIFI and includes other perks as well, you get an embarkation lunch in the MDR (along with Concierge class, B2Bers and Zenith).  

After the comments here, I might also be tempted to try Le Grand Bistro.  The venue is really nice but it turns into Le Petit Chef at night.  I'm not interested in a gimmicky dining experience, so lunch it would have to be. 

I really wanted to eat at Le Grand Bistro on embarkation day on my recent cruise.  With all the excitement of boarding and only about 20 minutes to make my decision (closes at 1:30) I passed and kinda regret it.  Oh well, yet another reason to go on another cruise!!  🥂

Raw on 5, the Spa Cafe and Eden Cafe have not been open for lunch on embarkation day on our sailings.

We like the many options at the buffet, we eat dinner late so lunch for us is normally 1:30 - 2 and the crowds have left and headed to the cabins which, at that time, are open.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Raw on 5, the Spa Cafe and Eden Cafe have not been open for lunch on embarkation day on our sailings.

We like the many options at the buffet, we eat dinner late so lunch for us is normally 1:30 - 2 and the crowds have left and headed to the cabins which, at that time, are open.

Raw on 5 was open on embarkation day on the Ascent. The others you refer to were closed.

Posted (edited)

What  is the issue with the buffet?   We were on the Beyond in Feb in AQ doing a B2B.     The buffet was fine.  There were plenty of tables available and the selections were great.   

Personally we don’t find  the CC lunch that great.   Limited menu and nothing special.   We had as a benefit doing a B2B on that cruise.   Went because it was that benefit.   Would have been better going to the buffet.  Wouldn’t book a CC just to get that.   

Actually I shouldn’t make this post as all the passengers that go elsewhere such as Luminae,  Raw on 5, and etc. helps to keep the buffet less crowded.  😱🤗🤷‍♂️🤫

This is my opinion and I am sure many will disagree.   So be it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

9 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

It is my understanding the the buffet is wonderful except on embarkation day due to difficulty in finding a table. 

Add the last sea day to that when they have this special lunch at the Oceanview.  On those days, the behavior of some cruisers is just sad.  Hygiene issues, cutting in line, etc.