LIVE Norwaylady escape the winter on Equinox B2B 23.03-11.04.24

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If at all possible, could you change your font?  It’s very hard to read on an iPhone.

This particular font was not planned, but of course I won’t use it again; however, it is nice to know that people are reading!  I have also requested that it be changed.  Too much multi-tasking, I guess!image.png.dfa66d313e9d4af14daa5c6732569fe4.png

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, depplep said:

Wow, I just looked at the Port Everglades cam, you are getting quite a nice storm down there!

@jam19872016 is doing a live on Constellation and heading back to Florida (docking tomorrow) and has been describing the crazy rough seas and storms they are currently sailing through.  Probably the same storm front.  Hopefully for all involved the rain stops soon.

Edited by Salt Lifer
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

@jam19872016 is doing a live on Constellation and heading back to Florida (docking tomorrow) and has been describing the crazy rough seas and storms they are currently sailing through.  Probably the same storm front.  Hopefully for all involved the rain stops soon.

I'm in Central Florida so I didn't realize but having looked at the radar it's a pretty big storm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, depplep said:

I'm in Central Florida so I didn't realize but having looked at the radar it's a pretty big storm.

I was focused on the fact I woke up to snow today when we opened the pool two days ago. I just looked at the radar, damn

image.thumb.png.52a6e6fa478cb3e3b6c1d3a854c31f04.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

lol I'm lucky my husband likes to cook and clean (actually I think he has OCD). But I like a lot of chicken and fish for food, normally when I'm away he lives a bachelors diet with pizza, hot dogs and burgers for food

my husb does ALL our cooking..he is really a top notch chef..keeps him busy..he also does the laundry!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

This particular font was not planned, but of course I won’t use it again; however, it is nice to know that people are reading!  I have also requested that it be changed.  Too much multi-tasking, I guess!image.png.dfa66d313e9d4af14daa5c6732569fe4.png

the beautiful smiley makes up for the teeny font!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, depplep said:

Wow, I just looked at the Port Everglades cam, you are getting quite a nice storm down there!

has been a cold and rainy  winter in Florida but hope Spring is better..Carib will def be warm and hopefully sunny!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Yes, to make it clear. 

Thanks for clearing that up for us.  I get access to United Lounges though my United Club Visa.  Lost my Star Alliance Gold status starting this year as a result of retiring and not doing very much travel. 

Glad you arrived safe and sound and look forward to following along on your and Mr's adventure. 

• Like 1

What a day💨

Perfect working office day in the sofa🤣🤣🤣

Tasks that needed to be done, thank you weather🤓

I had some work waiting to be done and finished ✔️ So why not just get it done🙃

5h of office time 🕰️ paperwork and emails finished ✔️ 

Who said a beach day was needed? 

Around 16.00 my body just turned into a little coma😶‍🌫️😴😮‍💨 It was screaming for a little rest in bed. 

So I had to take a nap/snooze session🤭

I set the timer on and had company of the tv to just chill and sleep of a few minutes😴

The bed and pillows are very comfortable and good quality😍 Really do appreciate it! 

Just ask Mr, according to him, he’s married to a pillow dictator🤣🤣 

YES, I’m picky on my pillow and I need them to be fluffy and soft. I need them to lean on and rest my body. Otherwise I’m going to walk out of bed as a stiff 90year 🦖 t-rex🤭🤣🤣 

When I had my beauty 💤, Mr took a tour in the jacuzzi and pool. He had a good time and was very pleased for a outdoor swim😎 

After the swim session, it was time to connect the body and mind to be awake again. It does feel much better to have a little nap when my system just says overload of tiredness, take 5 to reset the system🥰 

The rain has arrived in showers off/on/light drizzle. It just started again on a rainy night. 

Today’s menu was poke bowl 🥣 

IMG_2368.thumb.jpeg.f7dd53bf4be6c5eb5638a0bbe4b46f13.jpeg

We are ready for tomorrow😎 

She will be on pier 19. 

It’s a busy day in port tomorrow🙃 

Fingers crossed for better weather and a dry sail away😇😎🍹

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks for clearing that up for us.  I get access to United Lounges though my United Club Visa.  Lost my Star Alliance Gold status starting this year as a result of retiring and not doing very much travel. 

Glad you arrived safe and sound and look forward to following along on your and Mr's adventure. 

We got Gold for Life (Iain got Spousal Status) when I hit 1 Million miles and now have Platinum after hitting 2 Million.  

I didn't realize that even in Coach Gold or Platinum get you into the lounge.   Was flying Lufthansa and was going to use it to get access to the lounge and they sent me to the 1st Class lounge instead.   I didn't complain. 

The best privilege is that we get Premium Plus even when booking the cheapest coach ticket.   Only problem is we rarely fly them anymore as their prices tend to run higher than other carriers.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

We are ready for tomorrow😎 

She will be on pier 19. 

It’s a busy day in port tomorrow🙃 

Fingers crossed for better weather and a dry sail away😇😎🍹

You are definitely due some much needed rest and nice weather.    Bon Voyage. 

• Thanks 1

@NorwayladySo happy to see you live again. Have been waiting to follow another adventure! Just caught up on your trip last May with the Queen from Barcelona to Ravenna. Look forward to your next Queen trip to Istanbul. In the meantime,I am sure you and Mr are looking forward to some sun and warm weather! Just sent IG request to follow! Carole 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We got Gold for Life (Iain got Spousal Status) when I hit 1 Million miles and now have Platinum after hitting 2 Million.  

I didn't realize that even in Coach Gold or Platinum get you into the lounge.   Was flying Lufthansa and was going to use it to get access to the lounge and they sent me to the 1st Class lounge instead.   I didn't complain. 

The best privilege is that we get Premium Plus even when booking the cheapest coach ticket.   Only problem is we rarely fly them anymore as their prices tend to run higher than other carriers.  

@Jim_Iain   Is that when you are flying international?  Thanks!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Good Morning from FLL🤩

A little recap of last night’s adventure🤪

We received a text message from United around 21.45. New aircraft was decided and it was already standing at a gate in EWR🙌🏻

But… it was not cleaned and it needed to be serviced before we could go to FLL. 

Luckily it was at C83 and we were in C79, so just across from our original flight😊

IMG_2362.thumb.jpeg.5381f08cb408870d1dc7902fc82c1ee3.jpeg

The aircraft was ready loaded and cleaned up for boarding around 22.40. 

So a little after 23 ish, we taxied out to the runway✈️

It was an identical B757-200 aircraft, same seats/configuration. 

So everything was the same.

Luckily no downsizing of aircraft or different seat maps. (I know this can makes lots of problems🫠) 

Flight was uneventful🤣🤣🤣 

I can not say if the did a safety demonstration or what type of beverage service they served😝 I was sleeping from the second my body touched the seat and until we had roofing “touch” close up in the window on landing in FLL😅😴😴😴

Our bags were already in FLL. Since connection went smoothly in EWR, they loaded our bags on the aircraft that took off from EWR earlier. (We are not allowed to book that flight, simply due to not enough minimum connection time) But yesterday we could have made it easy🤓 

I got a text the second we landed about it. So they were waiting at United luggage service😌 

IMG_2363.thumb.jpeg.25dcc7de7fe225ce17c29e5d5ff52488.jpeg

We went straight to Lyft pick up zone and a car arrived for us after 5.minutes. 

We arrived at our hotel at 02.45.

All ready for bed😴😴😴

The baggage claim in FLL is my favorite!  A ships horn sounds when the carousel starts moving.  Glad you arrived safely.  Hope your cruise in enjoyable ❤️🛳️😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A very good morning ladies and gentlemen! 

What day is it? It’s Cruising Day🥳🥳

My body is not completely adjusted to US time🙃 I was awake 05.30, so not too bad. Almost the same as home in Norway 🇳🇴 on ordinary days😊 

She has arrived in port and are docked at nr 19😌 

• Like 11

Numbers for this cruise 🚢 

You all know el’cheapo Norwaylady cares about the numbers🤓💵💵💵

It’s a b2b booking. So we received som OBC. 

Our cruises was booked as all-inclusive Call, basic WiFi and tips. 

Both are in concierge class, deck 10, 12xx same stateroom for both sailings. So no moving😉

Sailing 1 is a 9-night cruise during Easter 🐣 so it was in USD 4602$ when I converted from NOK by today’s value of NOK-USD. 

It gave us 200 OBC. Nothing more or less. 

It was a decent price and compared to what the price has gone upwards, it was a decent rate. 

Our OBC gave us upgraded WiFi and an excursion. 

Since this is an Easter 🐣 sailing, it has not had any of the campaign offers like Black Friday, cyber Monday deals or anything else. Just the usual thing pre cruise. 

(Lots of FB on the sailing has said a bit grumpy that there are no good discount deals) 🐣🐣🐣🐣 hello? It’s Easter holiday🤣💛🤭 they don’t offer big discount deals on those days💛

So since this is an Easter sailing, worst holiday season, we are okay to have this price tag. 

Sailing nr 2. 

This is a 10-n sailing. Same cabin, same all-inclusive deal. And made at the same time as an onboard booking. 

The price is USD 4400 for both of us. 

We were lucky 🍀 and it gave us OBC 200 for the booking, but this sailing had a campaign ongoing when we booked and it gave us additional 200 OBC. 

So a total of 400 OBC. That’s very generous for us and we are very happy🥳💵🍀

And to continue the great news, this sailing is not a holiday sailing. So our cruise planner had different deals applied😊 (you know me…. Happy dance 💃🏻) 

So Black Friday/cyber Monday was a great deal for using OBC and giving me the opportunity of having good deals! 

WiFi upgrade was 50% off✔️

Lots of excursion was 50% off ✔️

So it gave us 3 shore excursion and upgraded WiFi. 

That’s one happy camper💃🏻😊🩷🍀💵

Upgrade on Call to Pall has not appeared discounted on the sailings. Just the usual 10% off pre cruise. 

We are elite plus and have some discounts available for the membership level in n different things onboard and pre cruise. 

But for us, we are okay on CALL. 

The majority of my drinks are club soda and water🤣🤣🤣 

We are happy to be here and have fun in the sunshine ☀️ 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Our Italian 🇮🇹 friends have arrived Oslo🇳🇴 

The purring mafia, aka Miss Marple & Hannah Hortensia was welcoming them🩷 

efd4f6fb-2201-4124-ba42-d811362e08a0.thumb.jpeg.f365f471fd5612ec6da79fa942948d56.jpeg

e70235e1-8498-4829-9f01-a06b8cb7dc1b.thumb.jpeg.4881be48b20481fdb8420746aa02b98d.jpeg

They are so happy for guests and their cuddles 🥰 

• Like 22
  • Haha 4

Looking forward to the review as we will be getting on when you exit.  Did B2B February 2023 and enjoyed the Equinox.  DH tested positive for Covid beginning of 2nd cruise and received great treatment from all staff. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maggieq said:

@Jim_Iain   Is that when you are flying international?  Thanks!

Yes... Domestically ----- Nada    About 90% of our travel is International.   I should have pointed that out.

4 hours ago, depplep said:

I need to know about this poke bowl. Did you buy the ingredients at Publix and make it yourself? I want one. Like, right now. Happy Cruising. 🙂

me too..have not noticed that at our Fl Publix! Looks fresh!

As for rain..here in NY, we are having a deluge day!

Hope Sailaway is dry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes... Domestically ----- Nada    About 90% of our travel is International.   I should have pointed that out.

When I was working I was doing a lot of domestic travel, about once a month.  I got the Chase United Club card which gave me access to the United Club in the US and to the Alliance Club lounges the few times I traveled overseas.  It has been well worth the annual fee.  Now that I am no longer traveling  for work, I cannot justify the cost of the card so I am going to let it expire.  I'll miss having club access and if i really need it, I'll just buy a one time pass.