Boston Hotel that includes parking

I'm looking to stay in Boston for 3 nights prior to our cruises which is roundtrip Boston. Is there such thing as a hotel which will allow us to leave our car in the parking lot (at no charge, since we were guests for 3 nights) while we're away on the cruise for a week? Even better if they provide free shuttle to/from the pier, but willing to take an Uber.

10 minutes ago, girlgummy said:

Is there such thing as a hotel which will allow us to leave our car in the parking lot (at no charge, since we were guests for 3 nights) while we're away on the cruise for a week?

In the city itself, zip, zero, zilch. In a hotel garage overnight parking will be somewhere between like $30 and $75 a night depending on where. Boston is a major Northeast city-- no such thing as free parking. It's possible you could find that outside of the city but it will be a decent distance out. 

15 minutes ago, girlgummy said:

Even better if they provide free shuttle to/from the pier, but willing to take an Uber.

There are a handful of hotels that offer shuttles-- like a Doubletree, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn. Theres a Homewood Suites thats within walking distance (their parking is $60 a night just as a comparison). 

14 hours ago, girlgummy said:

I'm looking to stay in Boston for 3 nights prior to our cruises which is roundtrip Boston. Is there such thing as a hotel which will allow us to leave our car in the parking lot (at no charge, since we were guests for 3 nights) while we're away on the cruise for a week? Even better if they provide free shuttle to/from the pier, but willing to take an Uber.

I've been researching the best options for our mid-July trip, and as the others have mentioned, Boston hotel prices, particularly mid-summer, are massively expensive.  The two hotels right next to the pier, for example, are over $800/night for our dates. You may want to investigate a Park and Fly package from a Logan area hotel, as they do offer the option of staying one or two nights but leaving your car parked at their facility. From what I am seeing, the incremental cost of the extra week's parking isn't bad at all. The problem with those hotels is that they are far from the tourist areas and would require an Uber ride. That being said, I can't speak to the quality of the airport hotels and the relative safety of their parking lots. In our case, we are planning to stay up north in Burlington, where hotel prices are less than half of downtown, then drive down and park at one of the parking lots near the terminal, probably the covered garage one block north.  Best of luck, have a great cruise (and welcome to Cruise Critic ;o)

https://www.parksleephotels.com/Park-and-Fly-Hotel-Packages-Near-Boston-Airport-BOS.html

15 hours ago, girlgummy said:

Not only is there no such deal in Boston, you will have to pay your hotel a pretty high charge to park each night you stay at the hotel.  For those three nights, plus the week of your cruise, your best bet would be the economy long term parking at Logan Airport - I believe $120 per week.  It’s easy to get to downtown Boston from the airport.

Anyone going to Boston should always check Amtrak as an option.

Just booked a Boston hotel for next month, $450 a night, $30 for parking but the website said that’s for cars and that larger vehicles will have a surcharge (I drive a minivan). 

To lx200 GPS - May I make a suggestion as to staying in Woburn instead of Burlington? Woburn is not very far up the road from Burlington.

There is something called Logan Express. The bus goes directly to the airport. You then take Silver Line 1, go to the first station in the tunnel and transfer to Silver Line 2. Silver Line 2 goes to the pier.  Parking at Logan Express lots is $7 per day. There are a lot of hotels in Woburn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

You'll most likely be ok with a minivan. 

In manhattan you get dinged even for small SUV’s, I always have to pay the large vehicle surcharge on my odyssey, but I’d be happy not to!

4 hours ago, WELDON said:

To lx200 GPS - May I make a suggestion as to staying in Woburn instead of Burlington? Woburn is not very far up the road from Burlington.

There is something called Logan Express. The bus goes directly to the airport. You then take Silver Line 1, go to the first station in the tunnel and transfer to Silver Line 2. Silver Line 2 goes to the pier.  Parking at Logan Express lots is $7 per day. There are a lot of hotels in Woburn.

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated. I certainly looked at Woburn as well when looking for a hotel. I chose Burlington because the Residence Inn was quite cheap (relatively speaking; forget downtown ;o) and was physically in the big Burlington Mall near to restaurants restaurants. As we will come in from the north down the I89 to the I93, it's on a direct line for us.  Woburn was also a good bet but I got a particularly good deal with the RI with my Marriott status. As to the train, my wife never travels light on a cruise so public transport isn't an option when dragging 475 suitcases behind us.  We have no choice but to drive right down to the port and hope we can find easy parking near the pier.

Use SpotHero or your favorite parking app to find the best priced parking option that won't be hard to get back to your car from the port

If you are touring Boston from away, you don't want or need a rental car in the city

On 3/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, Nitemare said:

Use SpotHero or your favorite parking app to find the best priced parking option that won't be hard to get back to your car from the port

If you are touring Boston from away, you don't want or need a rental car in the city

You also do not want to drive to Boston - train or plane is the way to get there.

17 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

You also do not want to drive to Boston - train or plane is the way to get there.

This is true, but I think since they are leaving a car for a week it isn't a rental, no one parks a rental in a lot for a week.  Do they?

4 hours ago, Nitemare said:

This is true, but I think since they are leaving a car for a week it isn't a rental, no one parks a rental in a lot for a week.  Do they?

Perhaps if they understand the ramification of driving to Boston for a cruise they might reconsider how to get there. OP didn’t mention where they were coming from.

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Perhaps if they understand the ramification of driving to Boston for a cruise they might reconsider how to get there. OP didn’t mention where they were coming from.

Pardon the ignorance, but what is the problem in driving to Boston for a cruise? We've driven to and through Boston MANY times and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Sorry, but an easy six hour drive beats flying 8 days a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Pardon the ignorance, but what is the problem in driving to Boston for a cruise? We've driven to and through Boston MANY times and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Sorry, but an easy six hour drive beats flying 8 days a week.

Perhaps coming from Montreal driving makes sense - but for many in the US Amtrak is easier and frequently less expensive (even for several travelling together) when the cost of driving is realistically figured, including that of parking.  I was responding to OP who did not indicate where they were coming from.  There are many in the US who seem unaware of rail as a reasonable alternative.  

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Perhaps coming from Montreal driving makes sense - but for many in the US Amtrak is easier and frequently less expensive (even for several travelling together) when the cost of driving is realistically figured, including that of parking.  I was responding to OP who did not indicate where they were coming from.  There are many in the US who seem unaware of rail as a reasonable alternative.  

Fair enough. In our particular case, an easy 5-6 hour drive south to Burlington, MA then a short drive on embarkation morning to the terminal (early on a Saturday morning) will beat flying or trains any time. Given where we live, it will be much cheaper, and actually take less time and be far less stressful to drive the same distance, but I'm sure for folks who live near an airport or a train station, those modes of transport can work well too.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:46 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Not only is there no such deal in Boston, you will have to pay your hotel a pretty high charge to park each night you stay at the hotel.  For those three nights, plus the week of your cruise, your best bet would be the economy long term parking at Logan Airport - I believe $120 per week.  It’s easy to get to downtown Boston from the airport.

This is probably what I would do...find the cheapest parking at the airport since BOS is so close to both downtown and the cruise port. 

On 3/22/2024 at 8:46 AM, navybankerteacher said:

For those three nights, plus the week of your cruise, your best bet would be the economy long term parking at Logan Airport - I believe $120 per week.  It’s easy to get to downtown Boston from the airport.

Wouldn't be too sure about the price-- just ran a week through Logan's parking system. It came to $287 for the main lots and $224 for the Economy lot. There might be some third party lots that could be less but $120 per week expectation is going to result in disappointment...

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Wouldn't be too sure about the price-- just ran a week through Logan's parking system. It came to $287 for the main lots and $224 for the Economy lot. There might be some third party lots that could be less but $120 per week expectation is going to result in disappointment...

The suggestion was not for an Official site but one of the local companies off site options

When I fly out of Boston I park at Preflight Boston in Chelsea. You could park for a week and then either Uber directly to the port or take their shuttle to the airport and take the SilverLine (a bus) to South Station changing to another SilverLine bus to the port or Uber from the airport to the port. I’ve used Preflight for years. The site is secure. You need to make a reservation you cannot just roll up to their gate.