Fire again on Freedom

from the pictures posted on FB, the other side of the funnel is on fire, the port side is on fire

years ago, it was the starboard side funnel that caught fire

• Like 3

I’m currently on the ship, apparently a lightning strike hit the exhaust up top(same spot as last) bunch smoke and fire obviously but we just got word the fire is out and now they’re just working on debris on the 10th deck. Nobody in their rooms, everyone gambling and drinking lol 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ajd7dc said:

I’m currently on the ship, apparently a lightning strike hit the exhaust up top(same spot as last) bunch smoke and fire obviously but we just got word the fire is out and now they’re just working on debris on the 10th deck. Nobody in their rooms, everyone gambling and drinking lol 

Now that sounds better.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Jlynsmom said:

I’m a passenger. Our port side funnel caught on fire - probably from lightning strike. It is reported as out now. 

If it was a lightning strike I'm assuming you got into some storms?

28 minutes ago, Ajd7dc said:

Can't be true...lightning never strikes twice...

• Haha 21

Posted (edited)

I don't really buy the lightening strike. The ships probably get zapped fairly often so I can't see how this wouldn't happen more. I could be wrong though.

Edited by seannyice81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, seannyice81 said:

I don't really buy the lightening strike. The ships probably get zapped fairly often so I can't see how this wouldn't happen more. I could be wrong though.

The ships are the tallest things in the water so yeah they are lightning rods for sure. It does seem like we'd have more funnel fires than we do if this was the case. It also doesn't seem like the fire would be billowing out of the smokestacks if it was a lightning fire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The ships are the tallest things in the water so yeah they are lightning rods for sure. It does seem like we'd have more funnel fires than we do if this was the case. It also doesn't seem like the fire would be billowing out of the smokestacks if it was a lightning fire.

Well they do have a camera pointed at the funnel at all times so if they wanted to they could prove it (or not) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I would SPECULATE that perhaps Freedom has a sooting issue, but thats really just an uneducated guess. Of course assuming it isn't a lightening strike.

2 minutes ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

Well they do have a camera pointed at the funnel at all times so if they wanted to they could prove it (or not) 

Good point!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jsglow said:

She's reportedly heading to Freeport.  After that?

She was already heading to Freeport when it happened because weather cancelled their visit to Princess Cay.