The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 25th, 2024

kazu

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Pennie @Nickelpenny, if there is anything I can help you with during your recovery please let me know. I could even be your driver if you need one. 

Have a great day everyone!

You have brought tears to my eyes!!  Thank you soooooooo much for the offer.  Let me see how things go and I will let you know  I am so grateful for your offer.  🥰

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

thank heavens, Debbie 👍. You are in a difficult position not being guardian but in any emergency you should be allowed to take care of River.  The grandmother should be able to designate it, I think. 

There is a form that can be filled out that would give us authority to seek treatment if necessary.  Sue is going to talk to Christy, the other grandma, and see if we can get one and have it on hand in the event we need it.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I think I like your definition of loaded  much, much better.  🤣  There will be wine tonight,🍷 but if I got loaded, not much would happen tomorrow.  At least, the list is less than half as ling, and much can't go on the motorhome until close to the time when leave.

Lenda

My definition is definitely more fun, at least for the time being.  Not so much the next day.  LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

There is a form that can be filled out that would give us authority to seek treatment if necessary.  Sue is going to talk to Christy, the other grandma, and see if we can get one and have it on hand in the event we need it.

My definition is definitely more fun, at least for the time being.  Not so much the next day.  LOL

I agree, and I just poured another glass.

Lenda 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

@dfish if River needs to be seen at an ER, they will see her to assess and stabilize… like for a dangerous fever or difficulty breathing for example. Do not hesitate.  That is my experience from EMS work. A guardian’s signature would be required to waive treatment. 
Again, that is my experience but I’d like to hear what others are aware of. 

Paying for it would likely fall to you unless River is covered by some type of insurance like maybe a Medicaid plan. 

When we had juveniles at an EMS call they had to be transported to the ER unless there was a parent/guardian who could refuse transport and treatment and take responsibility by signing a liability release. 

I just hope River improves!  
m—

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Debbie @dfish, I have taken our DGD to the doctor before. All that enabled that was a phone call from our DS to inform them. However, I’m sure if any treatment was needed it would have required our son’s approval in some way. 

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

You have brought tears to my eyes!!  Thank you soooooooo much for the offer.  Let me see how things go and I will let you know  I am so grateful for your offer.  🥰

Pennie, I’m very serious about the offer of help. I’m not sure when your surgery is scheduled for but I’ll be OOT the first weekend of May. Going to Waco and I’ll be back on the 7th so available after that. My email is in my signature. 🥰

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@dfish if River needs to be seen at an ER, they will see her to assess and stabilize… like for a dangerous fever or difficulty breathing for example. Do not hesitate.  That is my experience from EMS work. A guardian’s signature would be required to waive treatment. 
Again, that is my experience but I’d like to hear what others are aware of. 

Paying for it would likely fall to you unless River is covered by some type of insurance like maybe a Medicaid plan. 

When we had juveniles at an EMS call they had to be transported to the ER unless there was a parent/guardian who could refuse transport and treatment and take responsibility by signing a liability release. 

I just hope River improves!  
m—

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie @dfish, I have taken our DGD to the doctor before. All that enabled that was a phone call from our DS to inform them. However, I’m sure if any treatment was needed it would have required our son’s approval in some way. 

Thanks for the information.  I remember taking my nephew to get his cast off once because both parents were working.  We had to get permission for an x-ray.   His brother, who was older than 18, was able to give it.  As his aunt, I was not authorized to give permission.  

She is covered by Medicaid.  I think.  More to find out.

• Like 6