O'Malley's is now showing on my App - for reservations.

MudderBear

So for my upcoming trip on the Sun, O'Malley's has now shown up on the Princess App.  (please note that Alfredo's has not shown up).  When I try to book a reservation, it tells me that there is NO availability for the entire cruise.

Does this seem right?  I didn't think that the casual restaurants were taking reservations, and if they are, do you think this is a glitch that Alfredo's is not coming up and that O'Malley's doesn't have any open reservations?

Thanks for your thougths.

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

So for my upcoming trip on the Sun, O'Malley's has now shown up on the Princess App.  (please note that Alfredo's has not shown up).  When I try to book a reservation, it tells me that there is NO availability for the entire cruise.

Does this seem right?  I didn't think that the casual restaurants were taking reservations, and if they are, do you think this is a glitch that Alfredo's is not coming up and that O'Malley's doesn't have any open reservations?

Thanks for your thougths.

I think that it is a glitch to show O’Malley’s. Casual venues usually don’t take reservations even on board

I have a booking on the Sun this November and O'Mallys has been available in the dining part of the app but still can't make any reservations for dining yet even though I'm elite I read on here only bookings thru May are able to book times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I have a booking on the Sun this November and O'Mallys has been available in the dining part of the app but still can't make any reservations for dining yet even though I'm elite I read on here only bookings thru May are able to book times.

Butcher’s Block is the specialty dining that can be booked now up to November.

o’Malley’s has shown on my list for quite a while- casual- walk in.- glitch?

Edited by dog

Maybe princess is planning to take reservations for I'm all us due to what I've heard is that it's a small venue and with so many having a package it's going to be hard to get a table for dinner hopefully they will at least open for lunch on sea days.

• Like 1

I went and looked at my Enchantment sailing that's in a few weeks and O'Malley's doesn't show up as a choice for booking so maybe it is a glitch for the Sun.

• Thanks 1

Currently on the Emerald and you have to make reservations at the Salty Dog gastropub. It was impossible to get through to the dine line the first 2 days to make reservations.  And the same with planks and steamers. You have to wait until they open up to be able to book a future table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Tried to book specialty dine for our cruise in July.  Butcher’s Block was only one I could book.   Maybe I can make reservations after my final payment April 2nd.

Maybe but no one in June forward can book any reservation.

3 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Tried to book specialty dine for our cruise in July.  Butcher’s Block was only one I could book.   Maybe I can make reservations after my final payment April 2nd.

I know 2 couples who booked Butcher’s Block for October cruises on SUN. Their credit cards were charged. 

On 3/27/2024 at 3:59 PM, dog said:

I know 2 couples who booked Butcher’s Block for October cruises on SUN. Their credit cards were charged. 

Thank you, I wondered about the charges. I’m also wondering when the other SD venues will start taking reservations. I’m thinking of maybe trying Catch this cruise. 

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you, I wondered about the charges. I’m also wondering when the other SD venues will start taking reservations. I’m thinking of maybe trying Catch this cruise. 

I only see Butcher’s Block showing in my cruises for booking now.  They did charge credit cards for my friends and the reservations still show as booked after a week.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 2:37 PM, MudderBear said:

That's what I'm worried about.  I have Plus, and with so many people on The Sun Princess, I'm wondering if its' going to be hard to get into O'Malleys AND Alfredos.

I wouldn’t worry. We are on Sun Princess this August for two weeks and have no intention of going to O’Malley’s or Alfredo’s even with our Plus package.

I'll be on the Sun in June and continue to hope that they will add some casual dining options. Perhaps a pop up here and there? It doesn't seem like nearly enough to have just Alfredo's and O'Malleys, especially on such a large ship and with so many buying the packages. Princess, hope you're listening!

3 hours ago, cynbar said:

I'll be on the Sun in June and continue to hope that they will add some casual dining options. Perhaps a pop up here and there? It doesn't seem like nearly enough to have just Alfredo's and O'Malleys, especially on such a large ship and with so many buying the packages. Princess, hope you're listening!

It sounded like the unlimited Casual dining was going to be a big deal with the Premier package but with O’Malleys only serving food a few hours a day it really just leaves Alfredo’s. 

• Like 2

I was on Enchanted a couple of months ago. It IS a very small venue. If you have your heart set on dining a certain time, I would go very early, grab a table, order drinks and stay. They won't kick you out (or at least when I was on they didn't). They had great entertainment at the time and it was extremely busy every evening once the band started to play. The food was very good, entertainment a definite plus and if you have the Plus or Premier package it's a great value. Getting a table around 6 can be a problem, but going after the band is done might work. Better to go around 5 at least on Enchanted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cynbar said:

Don't think you need to worry too much.  If you have the Plus package you only get two included visits.  It also looks like O'Malleys is currently only open for dinner, which should reduce demand.

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 9:17 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I went and looked at my Enchantment sailing that's in a few weeks and O'Malley's doesn't show up as a choice for booking so maybe it is a glitch for the Sun.

Same here. I see 3 categories: MDR, SD and Experiential. It’s not in any of those. 

Edited by BamaVol

O’Malleys was only dinner on our 3/9 sailing. It was terrible. Food cold and not good. Menu limited. Don’t waste your time. Staff not sure if they will open for lunch, but they should. The pizza joint was slammed with long waits on sea days during lunch.