We got the upgrade!!!

So excited!

Four days ago we received the dreaded "You've been outbid!" email. We'd already bid as much as we could afford so did nothing even though it was a relatively low bid - not the minimum but still fairly low.

This morning we got the upgrade email - a mid-aft starboard side minisuite, which is exactly what I wished for. 😊😊😊😊😊

• Like 24

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Well done, enjoy all the extra room and that couch!

Now you'll both be able to fit in the bathroom at the same time. 😁

The longer bathroom vanity, and the extra space under it, will be very useful too. We can store all our extra bathroom consumables on that under-vanity shelf - my skin care, shampoo & conditioner, Rolf's razor blades and shaving cream etc.

6 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Congratulations! Amazing for a world trip.

Yes, it will make the cruise just that much nicer just having the extra space and somewhere to sit in the cabin other than on the bed. We've both wandering around with big grins on our faces today! 🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We can store all our extra bathroom consumables on that under-vanity shelf

All 106 days worth!

I'll be thinking of you while I pack away all my extras under the bed in my suitcase.😃

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

All 106 days worth!

I'll be thinking of you while I pack away all my extras under the bed in my suitcase.😃

110 days worth! 

We've decided to put a lot of our consumables into a large carton which we're going to put up on the closet shelf. We'll tape it closed and stick a luggage label on it and hand it in with our bags. That's already packed! 😊 Now we can put some into the bathroom, and what's left will go into a suitcase under the bed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Every so often I feel these little bubbles of: excitement? joy? happiness? anticipation? popping up. It has really made a difference to how we feel about this once-in-a-lifetime cruise. Roll on April 30th ... but not until I've finished packing. 🤣

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Every so often I feel these little bubbles of: excitement? joy? happiness? anticipation? popping up. It has really made a difference to how we feel about this once-in-a-lifetime cruise. Roll on April 30th ... but not until I've finished packing. 🤣

Congratulations Julie and Rolf.  A world voyage is indeed a lifetime odyssey, and your upgrade is the cherry on the icing on the gateau the silver platter 👏

• Like 3

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So excited!

Four days ago we received the dreaded "You've been outbid!" email. We'd already bid as much as we could afford so did nothing even though it was a relatively low bid - not the minimum but still fairly low.

This morning we got the upgrade email - a mid-aft starboard side minisuite, which is exactly what I wished for. 😊😊😊😊😊

It is weird how the bid process works. We put a very low bid in for the cheapest suite on our upcoming cruise, which was a forward facing premium suite. We also got a notification to say it wasn’t accepted and we thought ok, we are happy with our mini. The next email we got was if we wanted to add an extra $60 each to our low offer we would get an aft facing penthouse suite for the same price, which we did. This cabin was being offered at over $2700 each more minimum bid on the original offer! Same on Majestic recently I rejected their counter bid to a premium deluxe balcony for an extra $78 but got the same cabin anyway! Not sure how the process works.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So excited!

That’s great

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

It is weird how the bid process works. We put a very low bid in for the cheapest suite on our upcoming cruise, which was a forward facing premium suite. We also got a notification to say it wasn’t accepted and we thought ok, we are happy with our mini. The next email we got was if we wanted to add an extra $60 each to our low offer we would get an aft facing penthouse suite for the same price, which we did. This cabin was being offered at over $2700 each more minimum bid on the original offer! Same on Majestic recently I rejected their counter bid to a premium deluxe balcony for an extra $78 but got the same cabin anyway! Not sure how the process works.

It may also depend on what bids they have for the cabin class you originally booked. 

I would not be surprised if there hadn't been many bids for minisuites on the world cruise as the minimum bid was quite high. We were just lucky to have had a small windfall before the bidding opened so put a bid that was a decent amount above the minimum but still in the low range. Maybe a tad too low to make Princess happy so I think the "outbid" email was to try to "encourage" us to raise our bid. It didn't work though. If they had bids for balcony and oceanview cabins, plus some unfulfilled guarantees then that may be why they ended up accepting our lowish bid. Happy days for us!! 😊😊😊

• Like 5

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it will make the cruise just that much nicer just having the extra space and somewhere to sit in the cabin other than on the bed. We've both wandering around with big grins on our faces today! 🤣

I’m not surprised. Now if they can just upgrade that wine selection for you 😁😁😁❤️

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I’m not surprised. Now if they can just upgrade that wine selection for you 😁😁😁❤️

I very much doubt that will happen but we've budgeted to buy wines by the bottle. That will cost us about the same as upgrading our Plus package would except buying the wines means we will get decent wine to drink against getting almost nothing we could use if we upgraded the package.

• Like 3

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I very much doubt that will happen but we've budgeted to buy wines by the bottle. That will cost us about the same as upgrading our Plus package would except buying the wines means we will get decent wine to drink against getting almost nothing we could use if we upgraded the package.

We’re currently on majestic for franks 85th birthday. We went to The Catch” by Rudi for his birthday dinner and he enjoyed his crayfish. Highly recommend the restaurant. Everything was amazingly good.

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

We’re currently on majestic for franks 85th birthday. We went to The Catch” by Rudi for his birthday dinner and he enjoyed his crayfish. Highly recommend the restaurant. Everything was amazingly good.

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

The video is of my entree! Smoked Scottish salmon served in a smoking “clioche”. Spectacular and tasted superb as did everything else we ate.

I know it's been said before, but Frank doesn't remotely look his age!!!!!!!!! I STILL want to know where you found the fountain of youth!!!

Wishing you a very happy birthday Frank. You still look like a spring chicken.🎉

• Haha 1

Just now, ceeceeDee said:

I know it's been said before, but Frank doesn't remotely look his age!!!!!!!!! I STILL want to know where you found the fountain of youth!!!

Wishing you a very happy birthday Frank. You still look like a spring chicken.🎉

I’d love to say it’s all my doing 🤣🤣🤣 he was pretty spunky when I married him almost 16 years ago and doesn’t appear to have aged one bit to me 😁🥰

• Like 4
  • Haha 1