Any suggestions where we can leave luggage near the Manhattan Cruise Terminal

We will be arriving at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal at the end of a cruise we are doing in September and as our flight is not until 6.30pm we would like to spend two or three hours in New York. Can anyone recommend anywhere that will store luggage near the terminal?

I have noticed that there are storage facilities at Penn Station, will they take two large bags, are they easy to use, do they have to be booked in advance?

One further question is it a straight forward journey by train to JFK from Penn Station?

Usebounce.com.  Be advised, these are local deli's, hotels, hair salons, etc. that store your luggage in the back. Make sure to check business hours as some close sooner than others.  We successfully used a souvenir store on 8th Avenue and it was easy drop off/pick up. 

• Like 1

There are a couple of online services like usebounce where you set up a drop off time and - I guess - businesses promise to hold bags for you at a quoted rate.  There are numerous locations.

I just went to a show at a theater and they watched my bags during the performance.

13 hours ago, Kayak25 said:

We will be arriving at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal at the end of a cruise we are doing in September and as our flight is not until 6.30pm we would like to spend two or three hours in New York. Can anyone recommend anywhere that will store luggage near the terminal?

I have noticed that there are storage facilities at Penn Station, will they take two large bags, are they easy to use, do they have to be booked in advance?

One further question is it a straight forward journey by train to JFK from Penn Station?

Lots of LIRR trains from Penn Station to Jamaica, Queens - where there is a fairly easy change to the JFK AirTrain which goes to all terminals - workable, but the large bags you mention could be a bit of a hassle.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dexddd said:

Maybe see if MKing can swing by and watch it for a flat rate.

Haha ... rollcall gang said I got paged.  Happy Good Friday & Easter to you, yours & rest of family.  Mobile storage, that's an idea as a sidekick, hmmm.  Not with congestion pricing, unless I can impose a surcharge plus round-trip tolls crossing the East River - besides, booked on a 9 nights on Royal that month, probably no.  Seriously,

see below - for OP @Kayak25 

Stasher is another App based tool to find available storage - quick look again (explored this before for someone) - some associated with hotels in the area and others are 24/7 deli places in the midtown west neighborhood ... $7 a bag/per day - which seems reasonable & fair, between MCT and Moynihan Amtrak/LIRR, formerly referred together as NY Penn Sta. 

Edited by mking8288

14 hours ago, Kayak25 said:

You can use the apps but most major hotels will be glad to store your bags for free if you just tip the bellman well. Usually it helps if you are dropping in for a late breakfast/early lunch or a drink. 

Thanks for all the advice on luggage storage, there seems to be a number of options so will now have a look at them.

I've decided that we will have a taxi to JFK as according to what I've read it is a fixed price of $70 dollars from Manhattan to JFK. This actually, if I'm right, is not too bad when compared with the price of the train for two people and cuts out a lot of the hassle.

4 hours ago, Kayak25 said:

Thanks for all the advice on luggage storage, there seems to be a number of options so will now have a look at them.

I've decided that we will have a taxi to JFK as according to what I've read it is a fixed price of $70 dollars from Manhattan to JFK. This actually, if I'm right, is not too bad when compared with the price of the train for two people and cuts out a lot of the hassle.

The taxi fare will be more  than $70 due to various state and city surcharges.  Depending on the day of the week and time of day it will be either about $75 or $80, plus any tolls, plus tip (15 to 20% is customary). Figure on your total cost to be in the $90 to $100 range.

Go to a hotel. Obviously not a five star hotel. Go to the bell desk. Say Hi can you keep our bags until check/in. Have a $10 bill in your hand. 99% of the time it will be sure no problem. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 5:54 AM, Got2Cruise said:

Go to a hotel. Obviously not a five star hotel. Go to the bell desk. Say Hi can you keep our bags until check/in. Have a $10 bill in your hand. 99% of the time it will be sure no problem. 

You can go to a 5 star too-- just go get coffee, breakfast, lunch, or a drink. Then it will work 100% of the time. 

• Like 2