Embarkation in Barcelona

We are leaving in a few weeks from Barcelona and my Boarding Pass says "TBD" for the terminal where the ship will be.  One rep at Regent said I have to call back one week before sailing to get the terminal location and another says they will email me with the terminal location.

Just in case, can anyone tell me if there is a monitor or screen at the cruise terminal in Barcelona indicating the location of the ship.  We are doing our own hotel pre cruise and thus not taking the Regent bus to the ship, so I would like to get as much information as possible since will be taking a taxi to the cruise terminal.

Thanks in advance for any information that could be shared.

Go to the official website for the port about a week before leaving and there will be an updated calendar showing which ships are at each terminal for your embarkation day.

• Thanks 1

I sail out of Barcelona in mid-April on Voyager.  Like you, I've arranged my own pre-cruise hotel and will take a taxi to the ship. To make it easy for the driver, I use an app that pinpoints the location of the ship.  There are a number of these apps (myshiptracking.com and vesselfinder.com are just two).  If you type in Seven Seas (your ship name) you'll see the location of your ship at any time. The morning of embarkation I find the ship that I'm on and screenshot its location so I can show the taxi driver.  This worked great the last time I sailed out of Barcelona.  Once we got to the terminal we saw the ship and the signs inside the terminal directed us where to check in and board.  It was a pretty easy process.    

• Thanks 1

Even if it is listed on your final documents, it is always a good idea to verify itr before you set out from your hotel to board.  Either using the web site, asking the concierge to check, or when telling the taxi driver where you think the ship is, ask if they know differently since most keep tracks of where the cruise ships are.

Things can change at the last minute.

I’ve boarded many ships in BCN and got a taxi every time. The taxis all know once you tell them which ship you’re embarking asks the security at the port entrance and they will take you straight to the terminal..just have your travel docs. 

• Like 1

I’m boarded Voyager in Buenos Aires in February. The embarkation dock was changed a few days before prior to embarkation. I received an email with all the information needed for the new location.

Enjoy your cruise!

There is one cruise port in Barcelona with one long pier.  No need to know which berth.  Your taxi driver just needs to drive down the pier until he sees your ship.

image.thumb.jpeg.393a13bfc089587a110169a9a7df6d05.jpeg

1 hour ago, alainciao said:

One exception.  The smaller pier by the World Center.  Regent ships could be there.

That area is currently closed to cruise ship traffic.  See the following published on TravelPULSE:

Last updated: 7:35 PM ET, Thu October 12, 2023

Currently home to Europe’s largest cruise port, the popular Spanish city of Barcelona is restricting port access in an effort to mitigate the impacts of overtourism, an issue that continues to overwhelm many sought-after European destinations.

Following an agreement with local authorities to relocate cruise ships further from the city proper, officials have closed Barcelona’s northern port terminal to all cruise traffic. Passenger cruise vessels will now be required to dock at the Moll d’Adossat pier, situated furthest from the storied city center. 

• Like 1

I don't think the ships docking that bit further out will make much difference to 'overtourism'.  People in the middle of their cruise are still wanting to visit the city, understandably.  They will just have a shuttle to get nearer to town.  It is nice, however, if you are able to dock in the near to town berths, which certainly quite a few ships, including medium sized ones,  used to do.

Linking cruise ship activity to 'over-tourism' in Barcelona is risible.  It's estimated that there are 40,000 to 75,000 hotel rooms in Barcelona; I'd say this provides a pretty decent indicator of the level of tourist activity that commonly is experienced.  A few hundred or a thousand cruise passengers who may circulate in the city to look at the cathedral, admire Gaudi pieces, etc... are pretty much a tiny proportion of the overall non-issue of tourism which the city is very actively interested in promoting.... provided they spend cash and that's more likely where the real problem lies.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:05 AM, -Lew- said:

That area is currently closed to cruise ship traffic.  See the following published on TravelPULSE:

Last updated: 7:35 PM ET, Thu October 12, 2023

Currently home to Europe’s largest cruise port, the popular Spanish city of Barcelona is restricting port access in an effort to mitigate the impacts of overtourism, an issue that continues to overwhelm many sought-after European destinations.

Following an agreement with local authorities to relocate cruise ships further from the city proper, officials have closed Barcelona’s northern port terminal to all cruise traffic. Passenger cruise vessels will now be required to dock at the Moll d’Adossat pier, situated furthest from the storied city center. 

Last year, the Wind Star was at the small pier in early November.  We were on a Holand American ship at the long pier.  FWIW: Jack in Reno