Pinnacle Grill

HIA isn't free. You pay an increased fare. Also, if you choose to trade it from a Pinnacle to Canaletto you do not get a refund for the difference. 

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Just dined at PG four straight days on N. Statendam, twice for dinner, twice for lunch. Every meal was excellent; and ordered different items every time!

This is good to hear and aligns with our experiences Oct Nov Dec. Tabor is fantastic and was there for all of those, maybe he is still there?

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Just dined at PG four straight days on N. Statendam, twice for dinner, twice for lunch. Every meal was excellent; and ordered different items every time!

RedneckBob,

I've read your posts over the years and found them informative. You clearly are a man of the earth. So how would you compare the PG steak to your local squirrel? 

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, dogo88 said:

RedneckBob,

I've read your posts over the years and found them informative. You clearly are a man of the earth. So how would you compare the PG steak to your local squirrel? 

Asking for a friend.

Though I’m nuts about squirrels can’t beat that PG filet!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

This is good to hear and aligns with our experiences Oct Nov Dec. Tabor is fantastic and was there for all of those, maybe he is still there?

Who is Tabor?

15 hours ago, Bogie Man said:

Given the choice for a “free” dinner, would you choose the Tamarid or Pinnacle?

Hands down---Pinnacle every single time. 

I am not a fan of Tamarind, although I do go there when I am with friends, and they want to dine there. I always leave Tamarind feeling unsatisfied. Not hungry, but just like I haven't had a pleasant dinner.
I leave Pinnacle with a happy mouth and tummy. Every. Single. Time. 

My wife and I were on the Rotterdam in December. Whether you are using your HIA dining credit or not, there is no difference between portions or anything else. You can use your HIA dining credit at any of the three restaurants (Pinnacle, Tamarind or Canaletto). As far as the Pinnacle, we have never received a bad meal or skimpy portions but I will say that post Covid, all of the restaurants have fewer and smaller offerings than in the past. At the Pinnacle, the my favorite ribeye has gotten smaller and the meat quality is not what it used to be. For that reason I've switched to the tenderloin with lobster dumplings which was wonderful. Our favorite restaurant is the Tamarind but everyone has their favorite, although I think most people would rate Canaletto third. Over the years I've tried just about every item on the Tamarind menu. You can't go wrong with the wasabi crusted tenderloin or the lamb chops and I always order the Thai salad and Mongolian rib appetizer. In any event, if you feel you're getting short changed on what you're being served, you need to speak up.

2023-148 Pinnacle (steak tartar).JPG

2023-149 Pinnacle  (crab cakes).JPG

2023-150 Pinnacle  (wedge salad).JPG

2023-151 Pinnacle  (Halibut).JPG

2023-152 Pinnacle  (filet mignon with lobster dumplings).JPG

2023-154 Pinnacle  (shrimp cocktail).JPG

2023-156 Pinnacle  (baked Alaska).JPG

• Like 4

53 day cruise on Rotterdam Nov-Dec-Jan. Pinnacle was not our favorite. We had multiple meals there and was not really impressed. I love, love the Morimoto lobster in MDR. 

Horrid Pinnacle Grill lobster tasted like salted cottage cheese:

20240108_170454.thumb.jpg.86af164f574232afa0bd9c5972a220c5.jpg

A second Pinnacle Grill lobster:

20231220_174810.thumb.jpg.84b6e8eff7d4dda07069d2cac3c7ed0d.jpg

3rd Pinnacle Grill lobster and steak:

20231223_173612.thumb.jpg.b627e031dce3db45c54a27765906e26a.jpg

Canneletto lobster:

20231208_181126.thumb.jpg.40df82401beaf7c7dcb0bed077acf747.jpg

Morimoto lobsters:

20231129_174316.thumb.jpg.5eeebf3f7289f62702c4e44e5f0588bf.jpg20231214_180402.thumb.jpg.7efe36270289ece7d852c49bfa84cf55.jpg

20240113_175251.thumb.jpg.b2a83856dbd7d10d8ea0b2b1cfea7aaf.jpg20231230_175549.thumb.jpg.6d638159e47ee903d92ac5f604701a23.jpg20231217_180822.thumb.jpg.d0a6aff44f020c97493c7982bc49b121.jpg

• Like 1

We had lunch in the Pinnacle restaurant  on Koningsdam . We were not over whelmed & it was not busy .The food was very average  .We much prefer Tamarind & Canneletto  for their various types of offerings 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Tabor was the Maitre D at Pinnacle Grill on NS. Best service we ever received were from him/his team.

Sorry he was not there. The PG Manager was Doddie and he is there thru August. But don’t worry he is excellent! We were with him for 35 days in 2019 on a South Pacific cruise along with two servers in the PG, Robertus and Anam, also both excellent!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just off the Westerdam, had 1 dinner at the Pinnacle through the HIA package.

It was nice without being outstanding, not sure i would pay the cover charge plus 18% though!!! And then if you want Lobster or some of the other items on the menu another surcharge, last time we had a meal at the Crown Grill on Princess we never had these additional surcharges 😠.

Would rate Crown Grill as better than Pinnacle both in taste and quality, the Bisque i had needed seasoning and the NY Strip, said 12oz but i would say it was more like 8-10oz and then the 2 sides you can have where tiny, 3 slim spears of Asparagus and a small jacket Potatoe, any more than 2 incurred another surcharge!

Key Lime Pie was outstanding though 😋 my Wife had some kind of Baked Alaska, it was just a mess 🤯, she left most of it. LOL

Edited by Hammer61
  • Thanks 1