A Few New Items added to the pre-purchase page

Hi All,

I would be interested in the book.  I love cruise line history especially the early years.

Has anyone read "The Only Way to Cross" by John Maxtone-Graham?  Really interesting.

Have a great day, happytotravel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Euby said:

That lion needs a shirt or something.  He looks "nekkid".  🤣

They will sell you plenty of orange accessories to dress him😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

image.thumb.png.5b3f0f903a1b048e3a36258555945613.png

I was thinking about Captain Albert yesterday.  I really miss his blog to find out who’ll be the Captain of the Westerdam in June.  I’m glad Holland America is promoting his book!  I hope to purchase it onboard with OBC.  

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I was thinking about Captain Albert yesterday.  I really miss his blog to find out who’ll be the Captain of the Westerdam in June.  I’m glad Holland America is promoting his book!  I hope to purchase it onboard with OBC.  

Thanks for posting.

Yes I think I will get it, too! To me, this is the kind of thing that HAL should give customers when they reach a certain milestone, such as 300 day medallion, or 5 star, something like that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

They will sell you plenty of orange accessories to dress him😉

Mary, do they really sell Lewie clothing? I've walked by those tables of orange party stuff but didn't really look closely! 😄

1 hour ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Mary, do they really sell Lewie clothing? I've walked by those tables of orange party stuff but didn't really look closely! 😄

The entertainment director had a shirt on his. I think it was an infant sized shirt

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Euby said:

That lion needs a shirt or something.  He looks "nekkid".  🤣

Maybe @POA1 or @Huskerchick could let you know where their buddy Poohby Joe gets his wardrobe tailored?  😉 I would guess that he and Lewie would hit it off!

image.png.a3bd559cc6b839430222a889d8ebde83.png

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Great now I need that book!  I got the 175 year Cunard book on the QM2 several years back so this will be a nice companion to that one. 

And the lion is adorable. I don’t need it but he’s very cute!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Yes they gave it to all who attended 

👍 there was someone on the ‘23 WC that complained repeatedly about not getting that book. If it had been available when we were  onboard, I would have purchased it for the $30 just to shut her up!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

There were about 150 press and 45 PC there.

She and her husband are 5* and not PC. They complained so many times (on FB, Cc, and verbally on the ship) about the “horrible 2023 WC.” They were livid that HAL didn’t give everyone the 150 anniversary book.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

She and her husband are 5* and not PC. They complained so many times (on FB, Cc, and verbally on the ship) about the “horrible 2023 WC.” They were livid that HAL didn’t give everyone the 150 anniversary book.

I think some people are complainers, regardless of what it is, to cold to hot, 😀 and some would be happier if they stayed home. 

I heard guest complain that the temperature out side was to hot, the vender's wouldn't except U.S. Dollars.

Why aren't there berries every day at Lido. And more and more.

Adult - Children.

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sandiego1 said:

The 2023 WC was awesome. Looking at the changes to the 2024 and 2025, I’m glad we were on 2023. I must say though, the way everyone but PC were treated in Amsterdam was definitely the low point and not excusable.  Everything else, however, was fabulous, especially with the state the world was in at the time.

7 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I think some people are complainers, regardless of what it is, to cold to hot, 😀 and some would be happier if they stayed home. 

I heard guest complain that the temperature out side was to hot, the vender's wouldn't except U.S. Dollars.

Adult - Children.

My Mom had a saying about people like that. "they're not happy unless they're miserable."

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Adult - Children.

Why aren’t there more berries?!😄. I love my berries, my waiter tired of me last cruise asking if I ever ate any other dessert except berries - I told him if it made him happy to please add a dollop of whipped cream. So now I have a new favorite dessert.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1