Pinnacle Class - Carpeting in Lido

We were given a cabin under the buffet on the Koningsdam. We have not been on this class before. I can't tell from the pictures if the eating area is carpeted or not. Can anyone let me know - thanks!

11 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

We were given a cabin under the buffet on the Koningsdam. We have not been on this class before. I can't tell from the pictures if the eating area is carpeted or not. Can anyone let me know - thanks!

Carpet in the seating area. Not in the food service area. That would not be a smart idea.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Carpet in the seating area. Not in the food service area. That would not be a smart idea.

So, even under the carpeted area, it would be too noisy?

Hard to define - I agree. We did a UK cruise last summer with a connecting room. That I will not do again, for sure! The folks next door had two kids who watched TV and yelled until at least midnight each night.

I was in a Signature Suite under the Lido on the Oosterdam.  I could hear the carts rolling to set up the stations in the morning but it didn’t really bother me.  

• Like 1

We were assigned a balcony below the lido, port side between the mid and aft stairwells on the Rotterdam last fall.  I was very worried about noise but pleasantly surprised we rarely heard any noise except for the above-referenced carts occasionally in the morning.  We are early risers so I couldn't say if it was enough to wake us or if we just noticed because we were awake.  Ended up loving location and its convenience to the lido and pool areas.

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

I was in a Signature Suite under the Lido on the Oosterdam.  I could hear the carts rolling to set up the stations in the morning but it didn’t really bother me.  

We were in a Signature suite on the Zuiderdam (a sister ship) last summer.  I am a light sleeper and the rolling carts did bother me.  I would not book any cabin under the Lido deck pool or buffer, but that location doesn't bother other people.  It is strictly an individual matter.

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

We were in a Signature suite on the Zuiderdam (a sister ship) last summer.  I am a light sleeper and the rolling carts did bother me.  I would not book any cabin under the Lido deck pool or buffer, but that location doesn't bother other people.  It is strictly an individual matter.

Same situation here...  the noise above on deck nine bothered me too, waking around 5:30ish every morning.  Also, there was a female clomping around the lido (hard) in heels that was VERY annoying. It's a hard no to deck nine for me.

We were under a small uncarpeted area of the Lido, near Canaletto, & we heard chair scraping around 10 pm every night....didn't last long but any cabin under the Lido is a hard no for us.

23 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We were under a small uncarpeted area of the Lido, near Canaletto, & we heard chair scraping around 10 pm every night....didn't last long but any cabin under the Lido is a hard no for us.

From what I can tell, the area above us should all be carpeted. But I think I'll try to get something different to be sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0106 said:

I would think that this is the most obvious irritant, unless you like to be in your cabin when most people aren't.

OP, keep in mind that the lido isn't open 24/7 on HAL.  It actually closes relatively early compared to other cruise lines.  We have went to the late night offerings and it was really quiet then.  Crew prepping for breakfast can certainly make noise.  If you are a light sleeper or a late morning sleeper you may want to consider a different location.

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

We also had a Signature Suite under the Lido on the Oosterdam, and the carts DROVE MY HUBBY NUTS!  He's a light sleeper and the carts going bump, bump, bump over the ceramic tiles in the walking area were very loud for him.

L.

10 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Some people it doesn't bother.

Right - but for 17 nights, I figured we'd not take that chance.

• Like 1