Advice for First time Celebrity cruisers, continued, specific to M and S class ships

15 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

If I remember correctly Mercury was Century Class. I remember the Mercury, it had an escalator. The 4 ships were the Century, Mercury, Horizon, and Zenith.

There were actually 5......Galaxy was also part of it.

23 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It may be allowed, but it’s still a problem for those of us using scooters so I hope people will not put barriers in our way.

I don't use a scooter but I totally agree.  Sometimes people leave them sticking out so far in the hallway they are a tripping hazard for everyone.

20 hours ago, gold1953 said:

A green 'open' on a bathroom stall is not always a green light. Every cruise I manage to walk in on someone who forgot to slide the lock over

same here.  It seems so simple, and yet..............

6 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

It would be a hazard for anyone in the event of an emergency. Some cruiselines even post cards in the room stating this.

Agree. If they can remove footstools and loungers from balconies claiming they are hazards, how come they allow (or encourage) people to dump their dirty dishes in the hallway!!

7 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Not specific to M/S class or to any ship, really, but if the elevator is going up and people have been waiting on it, do not get on and push the button for a lower floor. Some elevators will cancel the original direction and take the direction indicated by the first button pushed. 

Thank you, I did not know that.

On 4/19/2024 at 12:53 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

A few years ago I started with various pieces of advice.

Do not throw objects off your balcony

Do not spit (other other things) into the wind 

Walk up and forward on the starboard side of the ship, walk down and aft on the port side 

Do not pee in the pools or jacuzzies 

Do not cut in front of people in the buffet line, look to see which way people are queueing and avoid starting at the other end 

In the buffet take as much as you want, but eat what you take, unless it taste awful and then tell someone 

DON'T BE A JERK to the crew or your fellow passengers ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Used room service utensils and plates left in hallways is also a pet peeve of mine.  And when my husband was in quarantine with Covid on the Eclipse he and the others with Covid were moved into ocean view staterooms on deck 3.  They were all provided with little tables outside their doors where they left their trays.

• Like 1