Tell me about Le Gran Bistro

39august

By day, lunch is served at an additional fee and you can purchase sandwiches or small pastries. In the evening the space is used for Le Petite Chef, a specialty dining experience. I personally feel they need to swap this space with Craft Social which is tiny and always busy. 

Patty 

Others can correct me if I go astray, but open for lunch and dinner with daily specials on the blackboard visible from the hallway. no bar, but on E-class a bar is right next door and they will get any drink that is available when you're dining. Not sure about other functions, but I have never seen any. 

Posted (edited)

Great  menu for  lunch or  early dinner...see X website.  Love the soups, entrees and wine service there,....nice views. Daily menu changes .

You will be very full!   (Upcharge)  Will post a few pics later...

Differs from  the petit chef.. set menu  with cartoon which we do not do.

We recently  had a great take out lunch  at Bistro on ASCENT..sammies on fresh bread and shared a dessert.. We were served at the little tables out front and dh grabbed drinks from the bar next door..

Sometimes the Elite breakfast is served there...

One of the best places on E Class..hope it is not ruined or swapped.  

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Is this area only used for lunch?  Is there a bar?  Hours? It's so large I assume there must be  some other functions.

My fav lunch spot on the Edge, ate there 5 times during a TA.  

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Is this area only used for lunch?  Is there a bar?  Hours? It's so large I assume there must be  some other functions.

This same area on the E class is used for the Elite Continental Breakfast in the morning,  lunch as Le Grand Bistro and Le Petit Chef for Dinner.  As for lunch, the portions are huge and the quality is tops.  Their French onion soup is different from that served in the MDR.  Huge burgers.  Le Grand Bistro and Eden Cafe  were our places to go to get away from the animals house known as lunch in the Oceanview on sea days.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, keesar said:

This same area on the E class is used for the Elite Continental Breakfast in the morning,  lunch as Le Grand Bistro and Le Petit Chef for Dinner.  As for lunch, the portions are huge and the quality is tops.  Their French onion soup is different from that served in the MDR.  Huge burgers.  Le Grand Bistro and Eden Cafe  were our places to go to get away from the animals house known as lunch in the Oceanview on sea days.

great summary..  great space,  lovely view..Well worth the upcharge!

Sorry, I cannot yet  locate my earlier photos of the view, tables and copper pots from EDGE.. after she first sailed..  

On Ascent, February 2024, ate there everyday for lunch (Royal Suite perk).  Staff was amazing and food was excellent!  Daytime specialty dining is such a treat and I wish they did this on the M & S class ships.  As a side note, the escargot was served in such a different way than main dining & if you really enjoy escargot you should try it.

We spent 40 nights on the Edge last fall and enjoyed lunch at Le Grand Bistro 6 or 7 times.  Absolutely loved the lobster bisque which was “caged” with puff pastry.

And on the Edge series one of the MDRs was used for the Elite and higher breakfast.

We mostly  had the lite bkfst in Tuscan on E Class,  but on Ascent in Jan/Feb,  it was held in Grand Bistro.  We were told depends on the numbers!  either location is nice!

Is the Bistro open for lunch on boarding day? Since we have the Elite Plus 15% discount, we may decide to eat there and avoid the buffet madness on the first day. 

59 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is the Bistro open for lunch on boarding day? Since we have the Elite Plus 15% discount, we may decide to eat there and avoid the buffet madness on the first day. 

It was on Beyond.

We've had lunch there on embarkation day. 

Patty