Does Accepting an Upgrade Offer Make it More Likely You'll Receive Future Offers?

Most of the upgrade offers I have received have been rack rate or more than I paid- for the first round. When subsequent offers have come, they have decreased until either I accepted or they stopped ( probably someone else accepted.)

A company with sophisticated IT and revenue maximization systems would definitely do this.  I just don't think HAL has their act together that well (which isn't a bad thing for us passengers in this case).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobomonkeyrage said:

Title sums up the main question, though I guess the next part would be: if yes, are those offers worse because they assume you're inclined to accept?

We got an e-mail offer, which we accepted, in 2014. None since, but that may be because I have become much more proactive AND started working with a PCC, marking my very carefully selected bookings NO UPGRADE. 

Supposedly that marking only means no automatic upgrades, but whatever, no offers since then. 

• Like 1

Only once has that happened to me.  Way back in 2010.  I received an upsell an about a week before the sailing from an OV to verandah (which I took).  The next day I received an upsell from a verandah to a Signature Suite which I did not take.   That was very unusual.

since then I have received several upsell offers sometime I take them and sometimes I don’t.