Empire supper club on icon

For those who have sailed Icon, have you come across at any point where they're walking around offering Empire supper club at a discounted rate like other specialty restaurants sometimes during the sailings in the promenade, breakfast etc? 

On the flip side, at $200 a person, for those who have done it, did you enjoy it and felt the experience was worth it? 

Thanks! Considering it for next month. 

Posted (edited)

Have not yet sailed Icon and have not experienced it, but as we primarily eat in the specialty restaurants, we have experienced virtually every specialty restaurant offered with RCCL and at $200 pp that is 3 - 4X the typical fees we've ever paid and 2X that of Chef's Table.  IMO it better be something extraordinarily special!  But that is JMO and certainly to each his own.  Enjoy!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

For those who have sailed Icon, have you come across at any point where they're walking around offering Empire supper club at a discounted rate like other specialty restaurants sometimes during the sailings in the promenade, breakfast etc? 

On the flip side, at $200 a person, for those who have done it, did you enjoy it and felt the experience was worth it? 

Thanks! Considering it for next month. 

I know a couple of people who thoroughly enjoyed it. 

"Worth it" is entirely subjective.  Do you dine at restaurants on land that are $200pp, if yes then nit may be worth it, if you avoid restaurants that have that price point on land then I would say just because it is at Sea it would not be worth it.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

All the reviews so far have been quite positive about ESC.

It puts Chef's Table to shame.

I'm on Star in 2026 and for someone who doesn't do specialty restaurants and hates to dress up, I'd fully consider ESC (though I think it'll have a different name/theme on Star)

• Like 1

We've gone back and forth on trying it. The one thing that's surprised me is many reviews on YouTube talk about how their only disappointment was the steak. Which, I'd be ordering the steak because paying that price for a fish or rabbit seems over the top, so that makes me a little hesitant. 

A few videos I saw said they thought the filet in chops was better, and I've yet to be wowed by a steak in Chops. 

Just now, colesc15 said:

We've gone back and forth on trying it. The one thing that's surprised me is many reviews on YouTube talk about how their only disappointment was the steak. Which, I'd be ordering the steak because paying that price for a fish or rabbit seems over the top, so that makes me a little hesitant. 

A few videos I saw said they thought the filet in chops was better, and I've yet to be wowed by a steak in Chops. 

The cocktails included alone would be worth over $100.

I think the $200 price tag is extremely fair.

• Like 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

The cocktails included alone would be worth over $100.

I think the $200 price tag is extremely fair.

Are they ones that would be outside the premium beverage package?  Also, didn't realize that cocktails were included.  That still seems high IMO - even with included cocktails. 

Posted (edited)

I read several reviews when Icon launched and  wonder  how many who said the meal was worth the nearly $500 ($400 plus gratuity) for 2 had it gifted rather than actually paid for it?  I'm sure it is good and who wouldn't give a gifted $500 meal a good review. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Are they ones that would be outside the premium beverage package?  Also, didn't realize that cocktails were included.  That still seems high IMO - even with included cocktails. 

The cocktails aren't included in the beverage package. But are included with ESC.

Not many places on land you could get an 8 course meal with drinks included for $200

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

If you want a great meal go to Chops and order off the Iconic Steaks menu.  Wegu Filet, 32 oz tomahawk....

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you want a great meal go to Chops and order off the Iconic Steaks menu.  Wegu Filet, 32 oz tomahawk....

Completely forgot about that being an option with chops on Icon! 

• Like 1

We are booked there on our Sept. Cruise, but for us, it's a once in a lifetime event with my DD and hubs and probably won't ever be possible again...so it's worth it to us. Different strokes for different folks.  I'll be glad to review it for CC.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We were on the Icon last month (March) and we did ESC. We had the UDP, so it was a bit less. My wife and I really liked it. We would do it again. Very cool experience. Food was great. Drinks were great, and yep, we drank them all! LOL 🙂. You also have unlimited Champaign the whole dinner, on top of all the other drinks. Service was outstanding. Our table was right near the stage. Really cool! Below is a pic from our table.

Also, I asked our server if they were sold out for the entire week, and the answer was yes.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2009be47715666909bc3806701a6e2c.jpeg

Edited by mramella

Our friends just did ESC on Icon this week. When I went to book it for them on Day 1 after boarding at 10:30am they only had Day 1 available and were nearly sold out. They had UDP so it was a bit cheaper and they said it was one of the best things they've done and it was well worth it.

To the poster asking about the Chops Iconic Cuts menu, we asked our server and he was very honest with us and said the Wagyu wasn't worth it at all but that the other cuts were good.  We ended up not upgrading and the meat was the best we had ever had at an RCCL Chops restaurant. 

31 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Our friends just did ESC on Icon this week. When I went to book it for them on Day 1 after boarding at 10:30am they only had Day 1 available and were nearly sold out. They had UDP so it was a bit cheaper and they said it was one of the best things they've done and it was well worth it.

To the poster asking about the Chops Iconic Cuts menu, we asked our server and he was very honest with us and said the Wagyu wasn't worth it at all but that the other cuts were good.  We ended up not upgrading and the meat was the best we had ever had at an RCCL Chops restaurant. 

Did you do the steak at empire? Curious if you thought it was good since the video reviews seem to say the only negative being the steak 

41 minutes ago, mramella said:

We were on the Icon last month (March) and we did ESC. We had the UDP, so it was a bit less. My wife and I really liked it. We would do it again. Very cool experience. Food was great. Drinks were great, and yep, we drank them all! LOL 🙂. You also have unlimited Champaign the whole dinner, on top of all the other drinks. Service was outstanding. Our table was right near the stage. Really cool! Below is a pic from our table.

Also, I asked our server if they were sold out for the entire week, and the answer was yes.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2009be47715666909bc3806701a6e2c.jpeg

Did anyone in your party have the steak? Curious if you liked it since reviews claim that to be the only negative being the steak 

7 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Did anyone in your party have the steak? Curious if you liked it since reviews claim that to be the only negative being the steak 

We did not. We both had the sea bass. It was excellent!

• Like 1

It's hard to answer your question as taste is so subjective. It also depends on where you're coming from - ie, do you dine at 3 star Michelin restaurants on a regular basis or is Outback what you're comparing against? I'd equate the overall experience as interesting - the singer (pictured in a previous post and I don't remember her name) is good along with the stringed instrument and a piano. Food is maybe on par with a 2 star restaurant. Service is very good and attentive given the limited dining venue.

And specifically on the steak, it was "fine". It wasn't the best steak I've ever had nor was it the worst. Since they paired the courses with cocktails, and not wine, and given how many drinks are available prior to this course, the steak will taste differently than if paired with a wine and/or being completely sober.  

AP1GczMsAhLYz5L8fXIAY8A1Xi_iq4AFwItIEmYEBxx9scEAOcJRW3BxeGPOu9rB-OWAR-xR1pSz4hvUR4DIYxWt_1afi6v3j1ZqXoW3Qhil18OLPVLxFW_dmpSoLbEeNvPftIABA50c1PPqqxaBbD1X5tdDpngnYMjGrJ2HheTj5hIt4B4-Rg_ad3BuxorIcvVRYm2OBLDEuqMLJJqdAfNc_UFknT2Xokg1K6crWq0R0cluqVAzerSFUBZDYVv9kpeWwA5fSaEZai4sPc8-0U2An7QCggacvOxAFXDUD285xXY1HhJsMwGcTshjzbPXMDj0dlyhaQ-txuCAtfqsOen5eqQe_BGghRP5xlvwe0DavjrxBQN5ZM2k1U7gglWMd7j9eyVE-dJQl2rOqB3pySmXffr91pY1gLnY8TQp0N0UHYeA0U2wxmvbmA5xHAEUqXuzfO9t8W5aCZP89I3v5vWsjV4pVj_5yYvZdJEIXtQwAA7hg7PmvlgFJL1erluy75WuMkh6KLVWKWthMMGyJcvkmODbj7g5WtQjR0vDUWHG8ggb9OYm1K0tGyrQCo5lbZGSAXFRLKh-tYEGv0i34pxyJab3hq3GUMavEl453ak02_BgSItzzS4NYmBJ4UwQ1WYCApvcNinGdLPFp53HJgkAYTKd3prEX66b4QY5KD4GLAcqOXF2t1dONVCu7xnRMrM3yYqxSUL1vkz2JyxIbqSBp_20N37hf5ow4b133jxukNB5NnDtDXSrbdy-3fxlce9RGVzeWJ32ZoGGditbYM8Drr-I-6by6qn3yc2NpHurOVPNStK1SkDkgxycLkPvye50X0HNVwjW26g1afkzU47RNSZh3Q877a6c1YSJtSgNFl64c8ZFnEXOCmDg7OuMeIutJd4gl1MdWqI86G6bTejFHN4lEkGE8I83L-hrfzAI_WISLJqBbNF4ZdEPlP3VvASl=w689-h917-s-no-gm?authuser=0

On 4/20/2024 at 10:43 AM, smokeybandit said:

All the reviews so far have been quite positive about ESC.

It puts Chef's Table to shame.

I'm on Star in 2026 and for someone who doesn't do specialty restaurants and hates to dress up, I'd fully consider ESC (though I think it'll have a different name/theme on Star)

Have dined at the Chef's table and it was horrible- had to dine after- a true waste of money.  Empire supper club looks interesting- however the menu is primarily seafood- so if you do not like seafood- don't go.  And the price!  Considering you have paid for dinner in the MDR price crazy.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Have dined at the Chef's table and it was horrible- had to dine after- a true waste of money.  Empire supper club looks interesting- however the menu is primarily seafood- so if you do not like seafood- don't go.  And the price!  Considering you have paid for dinner in the MDR price crazy.

Haven't stepped foot in the mdr in years.