Sanctuary Collection on Sun Princess

KLM3164

Sanctuary Collection staterooms and experience will debut in October of 2024 on Sun Princess(R) and on her sister ship, Star Princess(R) when she enters service in 2025.

Sanctuary Collection staterooms on Sun Princess and Star Princess go on sale April 23 for sailings after October 14, 2024 beginning in the Caribbean season on Sun Princess and at launch on Star Princess in Fall of 2025.

Sanctuary Collection staterooms and experience will debut in October of 2024 on Sun Princess(R) and on her sister ship, Star Princess(R) when she enters service in 2025.

Sanctuary Collection staterooms on Sun Princess and Star Princess go on sale April 23 for sailings after October 14, 2024 beginning in the Caribbean season on Sun Princess and at launch on Star Princess in Fall of 2025.

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Same link as above, BTW....takes you to same page.

Sorry

Started the post —had a phone call — then just pushed submit without checking prior posts 

Don't know why it posted twice for me.. but interesting that this starts in October for Sun Princess.  I guess no impact to current sailings until October?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phuac said:

Don't know why it posted twice for me.. but interesting that this starts in October for Sun Princess.  I guess no impact to current sailings until October?

We received the email saying we were Upgraded to Sanctuary Class listing our booking number but We are on the TA sailing in September. Our travel summary hasn’t changed. So I find the October starting sailing dates confusing. Maybe we get them, maybe we don’t.

We are in one of the 12 Cat DO Aft cabins..🤪😳

Another confusing roll out…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cristine said:

We received the email saying we were Upgraded to Sanctuary Class listing our booking number but We are on the TA sailing in September. Our travel summary hasn’t changed. So I find the October starting sailing dates confusing. Maybe we get them, maybe we don’t.

Yes, passengers in May and June this year have also received the upgrade email too. I am keen to know as we are booked before the Transatlantic in an S9 and the pricing hasn't changed yet.

Interesting.  It looks like the Reserve Collection Cabana Deck Mini-Suites are no more.  There are still Cabana Deck Mini-Suites that offer access to that special seating area on Deck 9, but they have removed the "Reserve Dining" perk that used to come with them.  Here is a comparison of the descriptions of a Sanctuary MS (none of which have Cabanas) and a Cabana Deck MS:

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

• Approx. 304 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Sleeps up to 4 guests
  • Sanctuary benefits, including exclusive dining, events and entertainment
  • Larger than a balcony stateroom and includes a separate seating area with sofa bed as well as two flat-panel TVs, and premium bathroom amenities

Cabana Deck Mini-Suite

• Sleeps up to 4 guests, aprox. 389 sqft., including cabana & balcony
  • Access to exclusive Cabana Deck
  • Balcony with seating & cabana
  • Luxury mattress/pillows, two TVs

If you go to book a Sanctuary MS, you bypass the screen that allows you to opt in to Premier or Plus as you already have Premier built in as a "Sanctuary benefit."  When you go to book a Cabana Deck MS, you are taken to the Premier/Plus page to opt into one of those packages. I guess they figure that if you have a Cabana Deck MS, you don't need to go to the Sanctuary.  But with that assumption comes the stripping away of the Reserve Dining Room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mishkin said:

I agree Princess did a terrible job with the wording for suites guests. Nothing seems to have changed for the suite guests other than the fact that you can no longer book it without a package like you used to be able to. The upgrade really applies to people in the Reserve Collection, who now get Sanctuary Access.

What has changed, in addition to the astronomical fare increase for future bookings, is that the already booked suite guests will be sharing the same amount of space with more than twice as many people as when they originally booked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

What has changed, in addition to the astronomical fare increase for future bookings, is that the already booked suite guests will be sharing the same amount of space with more than twice as many people as when they originally booked.

Oh for sure, there are only 177 loungers in the Sanctuary and they are putting 215 cabins in there now. The Cabana Deck will probably be less crowded now 🙃

Edited by Mishkin
updated the lounger count

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cristine said:

Keep an eye on Travel Summary under Special Services- I did not get email but my D0-aft has the Sanctuary Collection listed now.

Edited by dog

2 minutes ago, dog said:

Keep an eye on Travel Summary under Special Services- I did not get email but my D0-aft has the Sanctuary Collection listed now.

As of now Travel summary hasn’t changed. 

1 minute ago, dog said:

Look at your Travel Summary under Special Services- I did not get email but my D0-aft has the Sanctuary Collection listed now.

That is the only change to our S9 booked with the Plus package and still including the Plus package.  The Sanctuary Class Indicator is new although the S9 is a suite designation and was already included as a suite.

Plus Beverage Package + Juice Bar 1 $514.43 $514.43  
MedallionNet 1-device WiFi 1 $104.93 $104.93  
Fitness Classes (2 Classes) 1 $55.09 $55.09  
Premium Desserts (2 per day) 1 $73.22 $73.22  
DND - Free Medallion Shipping 1 $7.00 $7.00  
Crew Appreciation Included 1 $126.00 $126.00  
SANCTUARY CLASS INDICATOR 1 $0.00 $0.00
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Mine has changed to show "Sanctuary Class Indicator"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

Oh for sure, there are only 80 chairs in the Sanctuary and they are putting 215 cabins in there now. The Cabana Deck will probably be less crowded now 🙃

7 minutes ago, capriccio said:

That's what I was wondering as well - you've exploded the amount of people with access to the Sanctuary.  Yikes!

well, I hope y'all, all y'all, enjoy your little sanctuary and leave the rest of the ship to us ...

seriously, enjoy, and I'm not jealous at all ... just not for me at this time

• Like 1

Just now, reiddg said:

That's what I was wondering as well - you've exploded the amount of people with access to the Sanctuary.  Yikes!

The Sun Deck/Sanctuary is one of the major reasons we booked an S9 (it certainly wasn't for the terrible short backed balcony chairs that don't even recline a bit).  This is a Caribbean cruise and we always book the Sanctuary for the entire week on other Princess ships. I was already concerned about the apparent lack of any shade now I can add being concerned about even getting any place to sit. 

• Like 3

Just now, capriccio said:

The Sun Deck/Sanctuary is one of the major reasons we booked an S9 (it certainly wasn't for the terrible short backed balcony chairs that don't even recline a bit).  This is a Caribbean cruise and we always book the Sanctuary for the entire week on other Princess ships. I was already concerned about the apparent lack of any shade now I can add being concerned about even getting any place to sit. 

Agreed!  We like to book the Sanctuary on the Carib cruises as well and you're exactly right, we'll be lucky to find a seat.  Are we now going to run into the same issue as at the main pools with people reserving chairs that stay vacant for hours?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Its disappointing that those that paid for an S9 basically paid a  heck of a lot more for what is a reserve mini suite with Suite Lounge access. It truly is the only difference. I would have booked the mini suite instead. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Interesting.  It looks like the Reserve Collection Cabana Deck Mini-Suites are no more.  There are still Cabana Deck Mini-Suites that offer access to that special seating area on Deck 9, but they have removed the "Reserve Dining" perk that used to come with them.  Here is a comparison of the descriptions of a Sanctuary MS (none of which have Cabanas) and a Cabana Deck MS:

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

• Approx. 304 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Sleeps up to 4 guests
  • Sanctuary benefits, including exclusive dining, events and entertainment
  • Larger than a balcony stateroom and includes a separate seating area with sofa bed as well as two flat-panel TVs, and premium bathroom amenities

Cabana Deck Mini-Suite

• Sleeps up to 4 guests, aprox. 389 sqft., including cabana & balcony
  • Access to exclusive Cabana Deck
  • Balcony with seating & cabana
  • Luxury mattress/pillows, two TVs

If you go to book a Sanctuary MS, you bypass the screen that allows you to opt in to Premier or Plus as you already have Premier built in as a "Sanctuary benefit."  When you go to book a Cabana Deck MS, you are taken to the Premier/Plus page to opt into one of those packages. I guess they figure that if you have a Cabana Deck MS, you don't need to go to the Sanctuary.  But with that assumption comes the stripping away of the Reserve Dining Room.

Here is what I see when I search the deck plans for the room we have booked in July on the Sun. Nowhere on my booking does it say that we are Reserve Collection anymore, and when I go to my app and try to reserve dining it tells me that I can't unless I am fully paid (we are) or Platinum or Elite (we are Elite).  Before when I went to that it told me I did not have to make reservations because we had access to the Reserve Collection dining.  This is all very frustrating!

image.thumb.png.78e4e53ab48ffd89fc03ac885d465fea.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ohhhh,  voljeep, I enjoy the Sanctuary, and will admit to a whisper of 'jealousy'....  Now I know for sure that they will not be allowing daily access to any other non-Sanctuary folks.

Somebody on my sailing in a Sanctuary Cabin/Suite can add me to their booking, just so I get that 'Sanctuary indicator'!!!!    Looks like we will have to play the early a.m. lounger game!  

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FLAlaska said:

Its disappointing that those that paid for an S9 basically paid a  heck of a lot more for what is a reserve mini suite with Suite Lounge access. It truly is the only difference. I would have booked the mini suite instead. 

Especially if we had known that over 100 (IIRC) of them were going to be upgraded!

• Like 1

Just now, Amy G said:

Here is what I see when I search the deck plans for the room we have booked in July on the Sun. Nowhere on my booking does it say that we are Reserve Collection anymore, and when I go to my app and try to reserve dining it tells me that I can't unless I am fully paid (we are) or Platinum or Elite (we are Elite).  Before when I went to that it told me I did not have to make reservations because we had access to the Reserve Collection dining.  This is all very frustrating!

image.thumb.png.78e4e53ab48ffd89fc03ac885d465fea.png

Just got an email. Seems the restaurant still stands.

Sailing on October 14 or after? We've changed what we call your stateroom – but nothing else. You'll still enjoy everything that came with Reserve Collection, like access to a private restaurant and cabana deck as well as all those little extras that make you feel special. (Because you are!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Were S9 the lowest of the Suite option previously? If so at least you'll still be able to go to the Suite Lounge for drinks that don't count to your 15!

2 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Just got an email. Seems the restaurant still stands.

Sailing on October 14 or after? We've changed what we call your stateroom – but nothing else. You'll still enjoy everything that came with Reserve Collection, like access to a private restaurant and cabana deck as well as all those little extras that make you feel special. (Because you are!)

Thanks.  We are sailing in July so I hope this is still true.

6 minutes ago, reiddg said:

Are we now going to run into the same issue as at the main pools with people reserving chairs that stay vacant for hours?

You already know the answer to that question!

• Haha 3