Upsell taken away!!!

Posted (edited)

"I would be looking for a new travel agent!"

WriterOnDeck

Please read post #18, again.  My TA is not involved in this, at all!!!  She does not know that I called the Upsell Department.  I have no reason to involve her.  I am very happy with the special rates, OBC, extra's that we get through her. 😀😉

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

"I would be looking for a new travel agent!"

WriterOnDeck

Please read post #18, again.  My TA is not involved in this, at all!!!  She does not know that I called the Upsell Department.  I have no reason to involve her.  I am very happy with the special rates, OBC, extra's that we get through her. 😀😉

Sorry, I just meant that a great TA would have handled it for you from the start. I wasn't blaming yours, as you initiated the upsell process. I just want people to realize that the right TA can do a lot for you at no expense to you. And save you a bundle of time in the process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

But how do you find a great TA?  I have had ones that messed up my reservation.  So, now I take responsibility for myself.

Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs😉.   Ask on the ship.  I always ask questions of people while in conversation if I discover they are advanced travelers.  HINT - never have to be clever, I don’t mind exposing my ignorance and taking advice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs😉.   Ask on the ship.  I always ask questions of people while in conversation if I discover they are advanced travelers.  HINT - never have to be clever, I don’t mind exposing my ignorance and taking advice 

So true!  Love that saying.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

I called HAL again today.  I could see that there were still no Signature Suites, but some Vista Suites were miraculously available again!  None have been showing up until last night.

Very painful conversation with the HAL rep today. She was very nice and helpful, but talked so fast, that at times, I could not understand her.  Also, she did not have a clue what I was talking about until I asked her to read notes on our booking.  Really makes me wonder how the "Priority Waiting List" works. 

BTW - I was told again that I should not call them, and that they would call me. 🤨

We have now Upselled to a Vista Suite, which is under Canaletto. The cost was $399 per person (better than the $549 it was previously for an Upsell.  And certainly a lot less than it would have been to upgrade, outright,  to a Vista Suite.  We saved $1000 pp.)   So for our 14 night cruise, that's $28.50 pp, per day, to have a good location, midship, a bit more space, and most importantly to us, more storage!  

We are still on a waiting list for the Signature Suite. Since I had a hard time understanding this rep, I think she said the rest of the money that they have on hold would be refunded to our CC. Again, I was also told that I don’t need to call back. But I will call back on Monday to let them know we will be in the air. And tell them not to automatically put us in the bow if a SS was to become available. 

Off to go check my reservation online.  I will be certain to take a screen shot this time!  I am also emailing my TA to get a new invoice.  

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

UPDATE:

I called HAL again today.  I could see that there were still no Signature Suites, but some Vista Suites were miraculously available again!  None have been showing up until last night.

Very painful conversation with the HAL rep today. She was very nice and helpful, but talked so fast, that at times, I could not understand her.  Also, she did not have a clue what I was talking about until I asked her to read notes on our booking.  Really makes me wonder how the "Priority Waiting List" works. 

BTW - I was told again that I should not call them, and that they would call me. 🤨

We have now Upselled to a Vista Suite, which is under Canaletto. The cost was $399 per person (better than the $549 it was previously for an Upsell.  And certainly a lot less than it would have been to upgrade, outright,  to a Vista Suite.  We saved $1000 pp.)   So for our 14 night cruise, that's $28.50 pp, per day, to have a good location, midship, a bit more space, and most importantly to us, more storage!  

We are still on a waiting list for the Signature Suite. Since I had a hard time understanding this rep, I think she said the rest of the money that they have on hold would be refunded to our CC. Again, I was also told that I don’t need to call back. But I will call back on Monday to let them know we will be in the air. And tell them not to automatically put us in the bow if a SS was to become available. 

Off to go check my reservation online.  I will be certain to take a screen shot this time!  I am also emailing my TA to get a new invoice.  

YAY!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks!  I did get in touch with my TA.  She was very surprised that this happened.  She sent the new invoice right out.

Congrats on the upsell; I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞 for you on the SS.

Safe travels!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

888-628-8107  Pacific  Best to call closer to your cruise.  I called one month out.

Thanks for this. I rang them and they offered me an upgrade to an ocean view cabin (from inside) for £58 ($72USD) for my 7 day Alaska cruise this weekend. The other option was a family ocean view for £78/$98USD.

• Like 3