BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

On 5/29/2024 at 10:18 PM, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Well, a line of 10 sea days in a row is about to come to an end

Looks like you made good use of your time.

I love sea days and will pack accordingly to fill in the time but even for me ten may have been a few too many.😁

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The saga continues! 

Last night I decided to have lamb for dinner and wanted to try one of the shirazes. Unfortunately they have run out of two, possibly three, of the shirazes leaving only an expensive one which is not one I particularly like. 

I was just about to settle for the McLaren Vale Stump Jump GSM (which we like) when the sommelier decided to "help". I ended up with a glass of the Premier package Cotes Du Rhone at no extra charge. 

They probably wish they could chuck me overboard but probably won't while we're paying extra for wines by the bottle! 🤔😯🤣

My guess is they are running low because they don't have much of a supply arrangement with the ports they have called at so far. Singapore would have been their original provisioning port. I hope they can tempt everyone with some reasonable European wines when you get a chance to restock. Perhaps the F&B Manager should tend to this personally.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I love sea days and will pack accordingly to fill in the time but even for me ten may have been a few too many.😁

You would love next years cruise. The Dover to Sydney part is starting to look like a 56-night cruise to nowhere. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:47 PM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

After leaving Walvis Bay, Namibia Coral Princess had 7 days at sea and Overnight (Australia / New Zealand time) Coral Princess docked in Mindelo (São Vicente), Cape Verde Islands:

coralprincess-ais30052024.jpg

Coral Princess is now on her way to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria, Spain.

After 7 sea days I got confined to the cabin with the C. Should be out for Grand Canaria 😲

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ekka49 said:

After 7 sea days I got confined to the cabin with the C.

Hope you not feeling too bad and get over it quickly.

Hopefully you won't miss any ports you really had your heart set on.

I feel for you, that would be a little frustrating thinking if I had to get it, why not at the start of the sea days and not at the end of them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ekka49 said:

After 7 sea days I got confined to the cabin with the C. Should be out for Grand Canaria 😲

Oh no.  How long do you have to be confined?  Hope your symptoms are mild.  All the best.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 5:57 PM, BartnVet said:

Does very guest get the Crossing the Equator certificate or only given to those who participated.

I was watching the ceremony which started around noon. Even if you'd stayed in bed I think they'd give you are certificate. Those watching still participate by calling out 'guilty' ra ra etc.

We actually crossed the Equator around 7am. This photo was taken at 6:48 am at 0.03 degrees S, so near enough. I was too busy with selfies after that🤣. I know, how old am I!

.....And breakfast at 0.01 degrees N at 7 am.

IMG_3925 (1).jpg

IMG_3934 (1).jpg

Edited by Yaya_in_Oz
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

Oh no.  How long do you have to be confined?  Hope your symptoms are mild.  All the best.

Confined to the cabin for three days during the infection part of Covid. The symptoms have been a very bad head cold and a streaming nose. Starting to feel much better now. Looking forward to going ashore tomorrow. Princess staff have been excellent. Medical centre ring daily for update reports. Customer Services check daily for any needs. Room service have look after dietary needs very promptly.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Confined to the cabin for three days during the infection part of Covid. The symptoms have been a very bad head cold and a streaming nose. Starting to feel much better now. Looking forward to going ashore tomorrow. Princess staff have been excellent. Medical centre ring daily for update reports. Customer Services check daily for any needs. Room service have look after dietary needs very promptly.

So sorry to hear you have had COVID, but great to hear how well staff are looking after you. Get well quickly. 🙂

• Like 2

On 5/31/2024 at 10:17 AM, sewgood said:

I did plan to get off in Walvis Bay but....

In Cape Verde, I actually managed 20K steps. with no ill effects the next day. That was good for me as I usually do about 15-17K steps when in port. So I haven't atrophied at sea 😄 I know I could walk round and round the Promenade deck or go in the Gym but thats not for me. Too much of a chore.

I've included a few pics of my walkaround and one from Mount Verde when I went on the island drive.

IMG_3978 (1).jpg

IMG_4024 (1).jpg

IMG_7024 (1).jpg

IMG_7052 (1).jpg

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7103 (1).jpg

IMG_7107.JPG

IMG_7109 (1).jpg

IMG_7121 (1).jpg

IMG_7228 (7).jpg

• Like 8

This is the Port info we were given, a bit light on for info for some of them, but the destination expert Luka does go into more detail in his talks which are available on the TV to refer to. He's also available to answer questions each day. I must say his photos are a cut above other experts, probably a cut above most people and I look at them and think "oh, I must go there". I have only been to 2 of the actual ports before but have been to just over half of the places on land travel.

A couple of recent patters.

IMG_7236 (1).jpg

IMG_7237 (1).jpg

IMG_7238 (1).jpg

IMG_7241 (1).jpg

IMG_7242 (7).jpg

IMG_7243 (1).jpg

IMG_7244 (1).jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

This is the Port info we were given

I'm impressed with the port information Princess have given you for each stop.

I see that Dover has an average high of 17 degrees in June, that's a little lower than I than I thought.

We are staying there for 6 days soon and with a average morning low of around 12 degrees I glad we are hiring a car to go around in. It may have been a little chilli walking up to the train station early in the morning.

I'll be interested to see the average temperatures for Edinburgh 😲

Just now, sewgood said:

I'm impressed with the port information Princess have given you for each stop.

I see that Dover has an average high of 17 degrees in June, that's a little lower than I than I thought.

We are staying there for 6 days soon and with a average morning low of around 12 degrees I glad we are hiring a car to go around in. It may have been a little chilli walking up to the train station early in the morning.

I'll be interested to see the average temperatures for Edinburgh 😲

So far the Princess average temperatures have been lower than the actual temperatures at the ports we have stopped at so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

I'll be interested to see the average temperatures for Edinburgh

Averages are pretty pointless here in Edinburgh. Right now it's a very sunny 19C. I'm in a polo shirt and shorts and feeling hot in the sun.  By next weekend it could be the same or completely different! 😎

PXL_20240601_131132723.MP.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Just read Julie and Rolf’s article in the Sunday Telegraph escape section, Good read. Thank you to you both.

Would love to read it. Can it be copied???

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Would love to read it. Can it be copied???

Unfortunately I can’t seem to copy it, but someone else probably can try it. Might be on line though, thru Sunday Telegraph Escape?

6 hours ago, Cootakid said:

Thanks. We didn't know when it would appear. Andrea was going to notify us but hasn't.

She's quoted us very accurately so I'm happy about that.

• Like 5