Can crocs be worn on the on-board zipline?

no. Anything that can fall off is removed. I had to take everything out of my pockets and take off my rings. My mother's ring wouldn't come off and they got a supervisor to try and get it off. When he couldn't he decided it wouldn't fall off, no kidding

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

no. Anything that can fall off is removed. I had to take everything out of my pockets and take off my rings. My mother's ring wouldn't come off and they got a supervisor to try and get it off. When he couldn't he decided it wouldn't fall off, no kidding

I was never asked to take rings off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

well I was asked to on Harmony a couple of years ago. Times change and different ships with different personnel apply rules the way they see fit. I held my friends rings as she went across then she came back to me and held mine while I did it.

16 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

I've always been asked to take my watch off   

Not a big deal, but and IME it's usually slow enough that you can take a few more spins down the zip line while still in the gear.

Crocs, which I wear all the time around the house and the FlowRider (actually light Ride or Life stride, they keep rebranding them.  Are the worst sized shoes in the history of shoe sizing.  I wear a men’s 10 medium in most shoes, Crocs, I wear an 8.  I have made the mistake of ordering online Crocs, and they come and swallow my feet.  That said, with the bit around the heel and if you got lucky and had the right size, they probably won’t fall off.  Not that it matters to the sports staff operating the zip line, and you will have to wear proper laced shoes!🤣

jc

23 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

You’d be fine I imagine. 

I should have included a smiley face.  I was being a bit facetious, as you would have to look really closely to figure out that they are fake.  It really doesn't matter to me if I have to go barefooted.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Twin Dad said:

Can’t even wear Keens closed toe with the locking pull string tightened.  I’ve seen tennis shoes tied so poorly I don’t know how they stay on!

My tennis shoes always become untied and they stay on even for the 10k walk I used to do once or twice a week.  Now I am limited to about a 1 1/2 to 2 miles while I recover from a major surgery, but they still stay on even untied.  🙂