Haven Questions

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Haven Spa Suite on the Epic 6- months ago...

Cruise $ 4439.40
Add-ons $ 257.60
Taxes & Fees $ 148.27
Total Amount (USD) $ 4845.27
Total Paid $ 4845.27
Paid in Full

Please pre-register at www.ncl.com to obtain your electronic boarding documents.

CRUISE DETAILS

Cruise Line NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Ship NORWEGIAN EPIC
Deck DECK 14
Itinerary 11 NIGHT EUROPE - CLASSIC MEDITERRANEAN
Start Date 10/02/2023 (11 Nights) 
Dining Open
Category / Cabin No. H9 - THE HAVEN SPA SUITE WITH BALCONY / NO. 14137
Cruise Line Res # 53319809

That Haven spa suite on the Epic was a heck of a deal! Was that shortly before sailing?

36 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

That Haven spa suite on the Epic was a heck of a deal! Was that shortly before sailing?

You know, that was part of a family trip.  I sailed the Mediterranean and spent another 3 weeks bumming around Italy, partially on my own, partially with family.

As such, some more precise planning had to be done.  So, I think I booked that one several months in advance.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

Excited that I pulled the trigger soon after this post. The haven came down a little further so I went for it!

Congratulations! 

You'll never go back to steerage. 🙂

10 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

The older I get, the better I want to travel. 😂 No slumming around!

Unfortunately, I’m starting to get that way about flying too! It’s an expensive habit to break! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roddy good boy said:

Unfortunately, I’m starting to get that way about flying too! It’s an expensive habit to break! 😁

Me too! I am debating flying an extra 4 hrs from Reykjavik back to LHR just to do virgin upper class home!!!!

On 5/20/2024 at 10:37 AM, RocketMan275 said:

You might try looking further out.

My Jan 2025 Haven that I booked in May 2023 has gone up by 50%. 

Since Haven cabins sell out, looking futher out may have savings. 

But, I'm limited to seven day caribbean cruises so YMMV.

I agree, and the reverse is true. I’m going on the Bliss to Alaska at the end of the month and paid 16K+ for our tiny courtyard suite (lol) and last weekend same room was selling for 10+. 
obviously it’s rolling the dice booking last minute…maybe once I’m retired.  
I know I have the “one shot deal for future credit” but watching the prices drop is annoying haha 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stelkp said:

I agree, and the reverse is true. I’m going on the Bliss to Alaska at the end of the month and paid 16K+ for our tiny courtyard suite (lol) and last weekend same room was selling for 10+. 
obviously it’s rolling the dice booking last minute…maybe once I’m retired.  
I know I have the “one shot deal for future credit” but watching the prices drop is annoying haha 

Luckily the Haven lower rooms sold out the day I finally booked/paid it so I don’t have to watch it drop! That is a terrible feeling!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Specialty restaurants vs The Haven Restaurant...any thoughts on whether or not to get a dining package for the specialty restaurants just for something different?

Edited by kiefaber455

Just now, kiefaber455 said:

Specialty restaurants vs The Haven Restaurant...any thoughts on whether or not to get a dining package for the specialty restaurants just for something different?

When we are in the Haven, we usually just stick with our two Platinum meals. 

If we are on a ship with extra specialties we like- Onda & Los Lobos for example- we might get the extra two FAS meals.   Also, if the ship has Food Republic we will definitely want to go there for lunch one day.

I would be happy with the Haven and main dining rooms - but get free meals due to Platinum so will use them! (my friends are 1 & 2 on the reservation so they will use their FAS meals and I will use two of the platinum meals while 3 & 4 in our cabin will use the other two platinum meals unless they aree platinum - can't remember)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiefaber455 said:

I would not pay any extra.  Our last trip we even skipped one included specialty.  For lunch though we did dine around.

12 hours ago, kiefaber455 said:

We pretty much use our two Latitudes vouchers and eat in the Haven Restaurant the rest of the nights. For us, we cruise often and we can eat at specialty restaurants when we are in steerage. We can only eat in the Haven Restaurant when... we are in the Haven. 

13 hours ago, kiefaber455 said:

We bought FAS+ on our last cruise which included two extra specialty dinners for a total of four.  We regretted that.  We found more than enough variety in the Haven.

On this topic, last time I was on the encore Haven we were given American diner as a lunch option on day one. I read on the bliss that American diner is complementary. Can anyone confirm that?

23 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

On this topic, last time I was on the encore Haven we were given American diner as a lunch option on day one. I read on the bliss that American diner is complementary. Can anyone confirm that?

That is correct. American Diner is now a complementary dining option fleet-wide. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

We were on the Encore in mid-January on the first cruise that they changed the American Diner to complementary.   It was also the first cruise for the new menu which is significantly different from the prior selections.   

The new menu has a few items similar to what is served at The Local.  We enjoyed it for a something different at lunch.   You won't find your old favorites from the prior menu.  (It still has Milkshakes for additional charge.)

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kiefaber455 said:

We are now Platinum (newly minted, so we haven't used the perks). On our next cruise we'll use the two Platinum meals and the two included Free at Sea meals. The other three nights, we'll be in the Haven. If we had a longer cruise (say up to 12 nights), I wouldn't change anything. If we were sailing a couple weeks or more, I'd upgrade our package so we would have six total meals.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, Stelkp said:

It's complimentary for everyone, but the menu has drastically changed. So just be prepared your favorite dish may no longer be there on the new free menu.

• Thanks 1