Elite loyalty status

1 minute ago, Teechur said:

My Tommy Bahama shirts all require dry cleaning (aside from T-shirts/polos).

Does Princess offer that onboard?

I have all my Tommy button short sleeve shirts laundered at home at the cleaner but I would not trust the Princess laundry with rhem

Just now, memoak said:

I have all my Tommy button short sleeve shirts laundered at home at the cleaner but I would not trust the Princess laundry with rhem

Yep. I gave them two shots at it and then went back to self-laundry. I've never needed to have them dry cleaned. (I do need to take my suit into the cleaners before we cruise again. I didn't trust Princess to do it.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have a bunch of silk Tommy's and they don't require dry cleaning. 

Me too.  They wash up very nice, and are close to 15 years old.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I usually bring one or two for the dining room only and can re-wear them and have them cleaned when I get home. I wondered just in case I managed to spill something on them.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I didn’t want all the food items with the desserts. I had no problem when  I told them I wanted 1 scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce and the lollipops (suckers).  I brought home a bag of the lollipops for the grandkids.

The Premium desserts were a Plus item not an Elite perk last time I sailed.  Have things changed?  (Plus package things and Elite things are not the same.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Me too.  They wash up very nice, and are close to 15 years old.

My current ones all say, "Dry clean only". I have had a few of the silk ones that can be machine-washed, but I didn't like them as well.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Kay S said:

The Premium desserts were a Plus item not an Elite perk last time I sailed.  Have things changed?  (Plus package things and Elite things are not the same.)

Member 555, mentioned the Premium Desserts in her/his thread.

That is why I replied about having only 1 scoop of ice cream instead of the whole dessert.

Premium desserts are under the Plus and Premier packages not Elite.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, annmarz said:

On our recent Caribbean Princess cruise there was a nightly Elite lounge in Skywalkers with drinks and nice small bites.  Also the Elite (and Platinum I think) departure lounge for disembarkation day.

Yes, if you are platinum status, elite status, or in a suite( some ships have dedicated lounges for suites) there is usually an evening hors d’oeuvre bar/lounge set aside for this every evening except for when the captain circle party is happening. If your ship has a skywalkers, it could be held in skywalkers or take five lounge, etc. But you do pay for the drinks or if you have a plus or premier package it is included. Hors d’oeuvres are complementary and you should receive a card in your cabin that tells you each nights menu. And if you don’t receive that card, ask your cabin steward.

Yes, there is also upon embarkation an area to meet if you are elite, platinum, & suite and it’s just a place to wait for your luggage tag to be called. Sometimes they have coffee and juice in there and water and maybe some danishes ,but in our experience, we’ve already eaten breakfast that morning and usually most everything is gone -so don’t count on it to eat breakfast in that lounge. There’s also the same type of waiting area ( in the port building)upon embarkation as well, but we’ve never really needed it. They usually are already boarding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes ... it's the ENTIRE minibar for 1 bottle of wine from a small list, sometimes Charles & Charles Rose is included but more often not. If you'd like a sampling of what to choose from look at the pre-order wine list at anything under $55-$60 (or so I was told last month) & (while you're there) pre-order 12 bottles water for $7.08 if on a low sodium diet

Thanks!! I will check it out..but I did already buy the water package,  will go look at the wine list, though! 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:21 AM, RSF Cruiser said:

If an elite and non elite are in the same room, do both get the elite benefit - especially laundry and wine tasting?

Assume your question would apply for all classes, not specifically Elite.  If so, both get the benefits of the higher-level pax.  At least, that's how it used to be.  When we got married, I was one level higher than Hubby because I had some earlier cruises before we were married credited to me.  (I had sailed Sitmar, and those four cruises counted.)  He took advantage of everything I did.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

We now just use the self-laundry for those items as we have ended up having to re-wash my shirts to get them into a wearable state.

We're not Elite -- soon, but not yet -- and we'll still use the laundromat on our deck.  I prefer to do our laundry; seems creepy to have someone else do it.  Also, I can keep track of everything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ecs66 said:
8 hours ago, Thrak said:

We now just use the self-laundry for those items as we have ended up having to re-wash my shirts to get them into a wearable state.

We're not Elite -- soon, but not yet -- and we'll still use the laundromat on our deck.  I prefer to do our laundry; seems creepy to have someone else do it.  Also, I can keep track of everything.

I do my own laundry. Have room service for breakfast, start wash. Finish breakfast about the time wash finishes, start dryer. The only issue is I need to run the dryer for a 1/2 hr so yeah waste 1/2 hr. Hang jeans to finish drying. Everything else seems to dry in 1/2 hr.

Last time I sent jeans they came back stripped of color. And my blue socks were beige. They can do most underwear and tacky t-shirts but not jeans, good shirts, etc

We do our own laundry with free tokens from Guest Services. Then I send out hubby’s shirts to be ironed. I mark with starch and they always come back very nice. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:21 AM, RSF Cruiser said:

If an elite and non elite are in the same room, do both get the elite benefit - especially laundry and wine tasting?

No for wine tasting as you have your medallion which would be not Elite.

No for 10% off in the stores, 10% of spa, 10% off photo, unless you use the Elite medallion on the ship to pay .  If you purchase excursions for non Elite and Elite only the Elite will get the 10% off as OBC on their Elite account.

You can put items of clothes in the paper bag, fill out the form with Elite’s name.  I always write with a red marker Elite on all 3 copies.

Mini bar is 1 setup per cruise even if 2 Elites in the cabin.

Both can go to Captain Circle party.

Both can use Elite lounge at the embarkment port to wait to be one of the first on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I do my own laundry. Have room service for breakfast, start wash. Finish breakfast about the time wash finishes, start dryer. The only issue is I need to run the dryer for a 1/2 hr so yeah waste 1/2 hr. Hang jeans to finish drying. Everything else seems to dry in 1/2 hr.

Last time I sent jeans they came back stripped of color. And my blue socks were beige. They can do most underwear and tacky t-shirts but not jeans, good shirts, etc

3 hours ago, Sudoku said:

We do our own laundry with free tokens from Guest Services. Then I send out hubby’s shirts to be ironed. I mark with starch and they always come back very nice. 

We often do our own laundry. As for the "wasted" time... We go to the cabin, start a movie and then pause it and put in the wash. We set a timer for 5 minutes less than the wash cycle and watch the movie. (Sometimes we have something delivered from room service during this time.) When the timer goes off we pause the movie and go check the laundry. Because we set the timer just "short" of the actual wash time we never inconvenience anybody else by having the machine tied up with our "finished" laundry. We move the laundry to the drier and repeat the same process... watching the movie again during the wait time.

As for "free tokens" we have been denied each time we inquired about them. I understand that others have received free laundry tokens but, despite being Elite, we have been told, "No" each time we have inquired.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

Does the minibar get restocked if you do a B2B?

yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

Does the minibar get restocked if you do a B2B?

When I was on a B2B,  on the second to last day of the first cruise, I called room service and told them the changes I wanted for the mini bar, the changed mini bar was delivered.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 1taxlady said:

Can you still swap the elite mini bar for the coffee card; which is added to your medallion now.

No, coffee card no longer exists.  You will buy your coffees ala carte, as there is no longer a coffee pkg of 15 coffees for a set price. Only drink packages are offered which you need to buy for the entire voyage.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

Wish we could forgo the elite mini bar and receive a discount on the  Plus package. We do purchase the internet, 12 packs of water, and pay gratuities pre cruise  separately. Princess would still "make money" on us as we would not eat the Premium desserts or take any exercise classes. Also do not order by the app and have the staff search the ship for us. We do remember when Alfredo's was a free dining pizza parlor type experience. I don't drink alcohol and husband may only have a couple of drinks a day. A discounted "Plus"  plan would be for convenience only.

On 5/14/2024 at 11:07 PM, Thrak said:

We often do our own laundry. As for the "wasted" time... We go to the cabin, start a movie and then pause it and put in the wash. We set a timer for 5 minutes less than the wash cycle and watch the movie. (Sometimes we have something delivered from room service during this time.) When the timer goes off we pause the movie and go check the laundry. Because we set the timer just "short" of the actual wash time we never inconvenience anybody else by having the machine tied up with our "finished" laundry. We move the laundry to the drier and repeat the same process... watching the movie again during the wait time.

As for "free tokens" we have been denied each time we inquired about them. I understand that others have received free laundry tokens but, despite being Elite, we have been told, "No" each time we have inquired.

And I. An afford a few tokens a cruise would never try and push my status for something that is not on any list of elite benefits 

On 5/14/2024 at 10:35 AM, Ombud said:

Yes ... it's the ENTIRE minibar for 1 bottle of wine from a small list, sometimes Charles & Charles Rose is included but more often not. If you'd like a sampling of what to choose from look at the pre-order wine list at anything under $55-$60 (or so I was told last month) & (while you're there) pre-order 12 bottles water for $7.08 if on a low sodium diet

On Royal Princess last week, we replaced with a bottle of wine, but kept the sparkling water and regular waters. Our room steward did this for us. Like so many things it seems this is not consistent from ship to ship.

• Like 1