Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

6 hours ago, jbcallender said:

Has anyone been in a Celebrity Suite on Beyond lately?  What do they have?

Not on Beyond, but have been in a CS on Apex.  No room for a lounge on those balconies, they are too narrow.  We had 2 chairs with thick cushions, 2 chairs that were much smaller and a small table.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CocoCronut said:

Currently on Apex - have a lounger on balcony in Sky Suite - plenty of space for it on the balcony - not that it’s been needed with the weather pattern 😂

Earlier posts on this thread indicated that a lounger would not fit on a sky suite balcony.  I  have been considering cancelling my upcoming cruise on the Apex in a Sky Suite due to the "no lounger" issue.  Would you be open to sharing a picture of what it looks like on  yours?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Not on Beyond, but have been in a CS on Apex.  No room for a lounge on those balconies, they are too narrow.  We had 2 chairs with thick cushions, 2 chairs that were much smaller and a small table.  

CS on Summit also has no loungers and they have no room for them either.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, daybrake said:

Earlier posts on this thread indicated that a lounger would not fit on a sky suite balcony.  I  have been considering cancelling my upcoming cruise on the Apex in a Sky Suite due to the "no lounger" issue.  Would you be open to sharing a picture of what it looks like on  yours?

Not tons of space around it, but if you brought a chair in then it’s fine for getting in and out of.

image.thumb.jpg.0defe801b86676f0c254654918b990da.jpg

Edited by CocoCronut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For the folks that continue posting on this exciting topic. Given that the new Celebrity's President might directly answer our questions, it is interesting to see how the previous President answered a similar question (Yes, this problem is not exactly new):

Scroll to the last page to find the answer. Those that are sailing soon, may want to print the answer and take on board...

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CocoCronut said:

Not tons of space around it, but if you brought a chair in then it’s fine for getting in and out of.

image.thumb.jpg.0defe801b86676f0c254654918b990da.jpg

Oh....look at those lousy little chairs..... if you didn't have the lounge you sure wouldn't be hanging around your balcony much.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Good news!

I didn't give up on the Executive Office. However, I always tried to be pleasant while reiterating the specifics. On Friday, I received a call back. I was advised that there will be the chaise loungers as well as chairs and tables for the upcoming Transatlantic on our large Constellation SV 8170 balcony. 

It turned out that this individual was previously basing "furniture allotment" on her generalized specs, which showed the SV balcony dimensions to be 42 square feet, the same as a standard balcony. After contacting the ship and having somebody actually look at the balcony, she learned of the true size. Furthermore, she was told that currently, loungers etc. were in place. And that's exactly what we should get for our sailing. So, I guess that's as good as it gets.

I questioned the "safety" reasoning that we've heard so much about. According to this individual, some of the reclining loungers (which I assume might actually be reclining "chairs"), have been hitting and breaking the glass sliders. Common sense tells me that this would have been on the smaller, standard balconies.

For this cruiser, Loungergate is done!

Edited by AC Stew
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AC Stew said:

[...]basing "furniture allotment" on her generalized specs, which showed the SV balcony dimensions to be 42 square feet, the same as a standard balcony[....]

My first cruise was on Carnival Conquest - pretty sure it didn't have a slide back then - and it has 35 sq ft balconies.  We had 2 loungers on it.  We lay them diagonal & we had to climb over one to get onto the second one.  Suddenly 7 extra sq foot and floor space is more important than being able to sit in a comfortable chair.

I can understand that someone in their 70s could stumble across the tight setup, but these tiny chairs...ugh!.  I feel like some RC group was in charge of furnishing the balconies across all their lines and that group was likely the average age of 30 and shops in Ikea.  A decision could easily have been made off of aesthetics of clean lines and how photos looked, not comfort.  When I was 30 I could sleep on the floor without back pain. I didn't care if my car suspension rattled my skeleton. The money has been spent and some group has to prove what a great job they did - replacing the chairs will do just the opposite.  

• Like 1

I may have posted these earlier but here is the balcony on our  Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium in May. (room #6146)

Not one but two loungers. 

IMG_1129.thumb.JPG.f2a96e672499e9b216c14d60ab658f1c.JPG

and a covered 'love seat' as well. 

IMG_1130.thumb.JPG.573d4544d754c36abc2e41abec6bcd9d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I may have posted these earlier but here is the balcony on our  Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium in May. (room #6146)

Wow great balcony!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Has anyone 'procured' their own lounger while onboard? 

Since X has  personnel who read the posts on CC,  for obvious reasons I hope no one responds. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

What happened to the canvas roof? Maybe that’s just an Infinity thing. 

Did you find the outswinging balcony door was a problem at all?

5 hours ago, vjmatty said:

What happened to the canvas roof? Maybe that’s just an Infinity thing. 

There was no covering of any kind on our balcony.  There was a canvas roof over the balcony, or at least a large portion of it, on the Penhouse Suite next to us. 

5 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Did you find the outswinging balcony door was a problem at all?

We did not encounter any difficulties or problems with it at all.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Eclipse for last week's Bermuda cruise. Had an aft facing cabin, and was expecting to be disappointed with the new veranda chairs many have been complaining about. Was VERY happy to find that we still had the old style reclining chairs, footstools and a decent size table. 

Yes, Celebrity, for many of us comfortable veranda furniture is important. If I book an aft facing concierge level cabin, it is because I plan to spend a fair amount of time lounging on the veranda, enjoying the view on days at sea. 

• Like 7

Anyone who has issues with this please submit a question to LHB. I've already submitted one, but if she sees lots of similar ones it might have more impact.  They will combine like questions but they all remain listed as written

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Anyone who has issues with this please submit a question to LHB. I've already submitted one, but if she sees lots of similar ones it might have more impact.  They will combine like questions but they all remain listed as written

We're just home from our Edge Alaska sailing in an SV. Sadly only the tiny doll house chairs and table (just like our most recent Apex cruise). We asked our room steward for a lounger, but we were told they weren't available. Perhaps the folks in a suite had more luck. I emailed LHB after our Apex cruise, and will do so again today about our Edge experience. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

We're just home from our Edge Alaska sailing in an SV. Sadly only the tiny doll house chairs and table (just like our most recent Apex cruise). We asked our room steward for a lounger, but we were told they weren't available. Perhaps the folks in a suite had more luck. I emailed LHB after our Apex cruise, and will do so again today about our Edge experience. 

We have two SV’s on Edge next month. We will be requesting — and responding accordingly. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We had 2 loungers 2 chairs and a table on our Apex balcony January 2022.  We have same balcony coming up — I wonder what they will say to our request if all the furniture isn’t there - it’s not big enough?  It’s not safe?  There never was IMG_1604.thumb.jpeg.a0df7914dd551e5ca7341ed2e7a1e5b5.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

Edited by true45
Sorry I don’t understand why our side by side lounge pic is upside down

If I was an executive in a company selling luxury cruises, I would be mortified if pictures showed up or it was mentioned that guests needed to bring furniture on board in order to be comfortable in their cabins  !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, odysee said:

If I was an executive in a company selling luxury cruises, I would be mortified if pictures showed up or it was mentioned that guests needed to bring furniture on board in order to be comfortable in their cabins  !

Then it’s a good thing that Celebrity is not selling luxury cruises.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:40 PM, DaKahuna said:

Be honest. You climbed the ladder, didn't you? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2