Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

I truly hope there are loungers on the TA I am taking in November or that I can get one delivered, if not I may be like @canderson and be stealth like a ninja to obtain my own lounger on my Aft facing balcony.  

52 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yes, drinks up to $15 and WiFi, two premium desserts per day that look like they were designed by an 8 year old, and two casual dining meals. No charge for room service or medallion activation fee. Two fitness classes, ostensibly to counter the premium desserts lol. 

I just did a little research....pay a little extra for a Princess mini-suite but it's still less than X charges.  Have no idea how nice this cabin would be compared with eg a Celebrity Sky Suite.

image.png.c55813e2f4ccb8b25f805d0fcc6557e6.png

Includimage.thumb.png.12103c4c3690deada101cae01903c1a2.pngimage.png.c55813e2f4ccb8b25f805d0fcc6557e6.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just did a little research....pay a little extra for a Princess mini-suite but it's still less than X charges.  Have no idea how nice this cabin would be compared with eg a Celebrity Sky Suite.

From what I have determined, Celebrity's Sky Suite is much better: larger, better service, Retreat stuff, Luminae, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

From what I have determined, Celebrity's Sky Suite is much better: larger, better service, Retreat stuff, Luminae, etc.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

image.png.c55813e2f4ccb8b25f805d0fcc6557e6.png

Includimage.thumb.png.12103c4c3690deada101cae01903c1a2.pngimage.png.c55813e2f4ccb8b25f805d0fcc6557e6.png

A Princess mini-suite wouldn’t compare to a Celebrity sky suite in terms of amenities. I’d compare it more to a junior suite on RC. The lowest level true suite on Princess would depend on the ship.  The newest ship class is Sphere, which includes both the Star and Sun, and their lowest level suites are S9.

Right now their classification system is going through major changes, and long time Princess cruisers are unhappy. I’m sure there are people leaving Princess to try X as well. It seems like the entire cruising industry is making changes that are geared toward a younger demographic and making long time passengers unhappy. Me, I find there have always been things I really liked and things that really annoyed me about all cruise lines. I even have a list somewhere comparing RC/Celebrity and Princess, with the pros and cons of each. Wish I knew what I did with it lol. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rina155 said:

I truly hope there are loungers on the TA I am taking in November or that I can get one delivered, if not I may be like @canderson and be stealth like a ninja to obtain my own lounger on my Aft facing balcony.  

I'll give you a hand.  We're on the same TA, and the 'kids' have an aft balcony on 7.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

True....but....

We are booked in a Princess Penthouse suite which would fall between a CS and an RS on Celebrity.  This is on a Regal class ship.  In addition, you have the Reserve dining room, which isn't Luminae but it's very nice.  The Concierge Lounge is also not the "Retreat Lounge" but it does have cocktails in the evenings.  The Aft Penthouse suites are lovely and the balconies are amazing.  We've stayed in one twice before could not have been happier.  

The cost on the med cruise we have booked for next year is $6K+ less than a RS on the Connie and $4K+ less than a CS.  Also includes gratuities which X does not, premium drinks, and several "Retreat" type perks. Oh...and they have lounges on those balconies too...lol 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'll give you a hand.  We're on the same TA, and the 'kids' have an aft balcony on 7.

may take you up on that!  I believe I can grab one on Deck 11 near the jogging track and carry it down the hall to my room on the same deck!  Glad I won't have to go through the oceanview cafe.  🤣

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

They ARE uncomfortable, as are a LOT of the chairs in other areas of E Class ships.  

But the veranda chairs are horrible.  I suppose the "powers that be" think that with horribly uncomfortable seating it will make people get out of their rooms and spend more money in stores/bars/restaurants. All this does for us is give us yet another reason to be looking elsewhere for our cruises. 

I think you’re exactly right.  

And another possible reason is to push people towards IV’s as the small dinky balcony chairs take up less room and you still have access to an outside view (just a thought )

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 8:39 AM, Salf777 said:

Yes 2 chairs and a small little table

image.thumb.jpg.b44b0c0cc1f592cc285a886f5cf449b2.jpg

Add a Harry and David gift basket to that table and you have Shiva at sea.  Looks so depressing.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Add a Harry and David gift basket to that table and you have Shiva at sea.  Looks so depressing.

Depressing???? Would much rather be there than where I am now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 7:27 AM, Jezo said:

Loungers are alive and well on the aft balconies on the Beyond.  

PXL_20240609_105321043.thumb.jpg.5bb8cfbf69175ef61529343176ec1a06.jpg

Was it there or did you have to ask/tip for it? I’m wondering how much to tip to get one or two on the ginormous Magic Carpet balcony we paid dearly for just to have the space to lay there and read. 

This was our balcony on our recent Ncl Encore in their suite only Haven . (And it was a wonderful Haven experience). Padded loungers and chairs. Apparently not a safety issue there . 

IMG_0940.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Depressing???? Would much rather be there than where I am now. 

I'm in a good place here. Retired and living in paradise, so yes depressing and uncomfortable furnishings.

• Like 1

We're currently on that Connie Transatlantic this November. Same as Rina155 and canderson.   Booked in an aft SV on deck 8. Humungous balcony. 

3 lengthy emails to the executive office and 2 conversations with their drones. They adamantly refuse to discuss the reasons for the safety concerns. But one thing about which they're crystal clear ... there will be NO lounger furniture for my cruise, no exceptions.

Should we bring black ninja suits and masks for the middle-of-the-night lounger repo mission?! And if busted, will it be a "walk the plank" or a gentle "slap on the wrist"? Or even worse, a lifetime ban from the Martini Bar?!

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I think you’re exactly right.  

And another possible reason is to push people towards IV’s as the small dinky balcony chairs take up less room and you still have access to an outside view (just a thought )

no access to outside space in an IV 🤣unless you count leaning out of an open window

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

We're currently on that Connie Transatlantic this November. Same as Rina155 and canderson.   Booked in an aft SV on deck 8. Humungous balcony. 

3 lengthy emails to the executive office and 2 conversations with their drones. They adamantly refuse to discuss the reasons for the safety concerns. But one thing about which they're crystal clear ... there will be NO lounger furniture for my cruise, no exceptions.

Should we bring black ninja suits and masks for the middle-of-the-night lounger repo mission?! And if busted, will it be a "walk the plank" or a gentle "slap on the wrist"? Or even worse, a lifetime ban from the Martini Bar?!

I would be seriously p..... off if this were me....and suspect you are.  One of the main reasons to book those rooms is the relaxation that the lounges give. ESPECIALLY on a transatlantic with all those sea days.  Those ugly, uncomfortable, little chairs they are putting on balconies are horrible.  Just one more way X doesn't give a crap about their customers.... sigh.......  eventually this will bite them in the butt or wallet or balance sheet..... yeah may take years but you don't retain customers by ignoring their complaints.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What’s probably most annoying is that they don’t seem to care what their passengers are saying - especially the ones who are providing them the most revenue. Only thing to do is walk away.  

• Like 4

Tiny update, direct from Executive Office customer service individual: 

I was just informed that the decision was made at the highest level, the new CEO and her inner circle. Comments made to the phone number below are being passed onto that upper level  management team.

I also pressed for a firm answer as to what furniture would be placed on the balcony. Answer? The Kelly Hoppen miserably uncomfortable little half back chairs. I reiterated that there's a couple of months before final payment, and I would not accept those chairs under any circumstances. The fellow I spoke to (Mantana?) stated that all emails and phone conversations are being compiled and then passed on to upper management.

So, I'm not quite ready to stop beating that poor horse. It's not dead (YET)! There are 7 folks answering the phones at the number below. They are well aware of this issue, and the fact that we're not buying an unexplained "safety" excuse. Call them! 

Executive Office: (305) 614-1343

PS> I also added that if passenger misbehavior or lounger misuse is responsible for this matter, let them look at their deck cameras and punish the abusers. Ship Security would know who they were!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

41 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

Tiny update, direct from Executive Office customer service individual: 

I was just informed that the decision was made at the highest level, the new CEO and her inner circle. Comments made to the phone number below are being passed onto that upper level  management team.

I also pressed for a firm answer as to what furniture would be placed on the balcony. Answer? The Kelly Hoppen miserably uncomfortable little half back chairs. I reiterated that there's a couple of months before final payment, and I would not accept those chairs under any circumstances. The fellow I spoke to (Mantana?) stated that all emails and phone conversations are being compiled and then passed on to upper management.

So, I'm not quite ready to stop beating that poor horse. It's not dead (YET)! There are 7 folks answering the phones at the number below. They are well aware of this issue, and the fact that we're not buying an unexplained "safety" excuse. Call them! 

Executive Office: (305) 614-1343

PS> I also added that if passenger misbehavior or lounger misuse is responsible for this matter, let them look at their deck cameras and punish the abusers. Ship Security would know who they were!

Called.... hopefully more will.

• Like 5

1.  So, I paid for my cruise with a lounger, but received a time share with little or no availability?  

2.  Are some passengers using loungers in an inappropriate way, breaking door walls/sliders?    

3.  What is happening to those who use a lounger or foot stool as a weapon of glass destruction?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AC Stew said:

At least we will be walking the plank together!  🤣  I will bring my ninja suit to be all prepared and we can all help each other on the reconnaissance mission of lounge furniture!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will call tomorrow after I calculate the exact $100’s of thousands of dollars that I have spent with Celebrity only sailing in their top suites. Will they care?  Probably not.  I think they must be trying to attract the RCCL passengers who will happily pay to rent a lounger per day. Express delivery on day of embarkation will be extra, of course.  Want a pad on that lounger.  That too will be an extra rental per day.  White glove delivery of a clean lounger will also be extra, of course. But, wait, elite plus and zenith will get a 25% discount.  I will truly miss those PS on the M class ships. But, we are going to move on to explore Oceania and Regent.  I suspect that loungers on their suites will still remain.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2