YC Steak

mcoler181

On MSC cruises while sailing in YC, we don't bother with going to the Butcher's Cut. I know that when we were on the MSC Splendida in YC, my wife was not happy with the standard cut that was offered for dinner one night. The Matre' D offered her any cut she wanted.

• Like 1

the filet in YC was below average. i wont get it again. just had supermarket filet here tonight and was better. they need to fix that issue. got it 2x on 2 different days to be sure it wasnt a fluke.

Sad to hear about the filet. My wife has ordered the filet 3-4 times each cruise in the YC and she has loved it. Hope it will be ok on our upcoming Seashore cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

the filet in YC was below average. i wont get it again. just had supermarket filet here tonight and was better. they need to fix that issue. got it 2x on 2 different days to be sure it wasnt a fluke.

Not our experience at all. Each filet I received in YC was superb. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Sad to hear about the filet. My wife has ordered the filet 3-4 times each cruise in the YC and she has loved it. Hope it will be ok on our upcoming Seashore cruise.

1st lunch on board Mera and got the burger and didnt eat it.....decided to go to the pool deck buffet and we ate all lunches there the rest of the week including most breakfasts. that outdoor buffet is very good. loved the salmon and other variety of choices

1 minute ago, Bgwest said:

Same for us. I usually have the YC Filet 3 times per cruise and enjoy it each time. Guess it's personal experience and tastes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Absolutely. I ordered it several times on our last time. Far nicer than any I've ever had in Butchers Cut.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We were on Seashore in April and the filet was great.

Edited by cellfree

On 5/24/2024 at 8:54 PM, eagletwo said:

We were on the Seashore 5/5 and the filet was fantastic. We are almost calling it the best we’ve ever eaten.

Our thoughts about the filet on the Seascape in March 2024 was that it was excellent.

It's always possible to get a bad cut or even two - even buying it yourself.  I've had a bad steak in the same package as multiple wonderful ones.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In fact, back in April on the Divina, one night I cut my filet in half when it arrived...almost a steak tartar! The Maitre' D Mehmet saw me frowning at it and came over and asked me if I was not pleased. I explained that I like a good medium rare steak, but.... I didn't even get to finish my sentence and he whisked it away and said, "I'll be back in just a few minutes after I go talk to the chef!"

The Assistant Maitre' D refilled our wine glasses and then Mehmet reappears with another steak. He waits while I cut it in half right there to see a perfect medium rare, just how I like it! 

Ahhhh, Yacht Club!!

Edited by psmarkle
  • Like 3

If nothing else - Yacht Club definitely tries to make it right.

Our embarkation night, somehow our order in the YC restaurant dropped through the cracks.  We got our drinks, our starter, and then we sat, and sat, and sat.

After over an hour, I went to the Maitre' D and mentioned that we had been forgotten, he went back to the kitchen and then came back out and apologized and said there was an issue with the kitchen and our order and it was being resolved.  We told the Maitre' D that we would prefer to go elsewhere for our dinner and ordered pizza from our butler.

The fact that they had displeased guests in the YC had to have been discussed that evening, because the next day, every staff member we ran into, including the assistant bartender and bartender, every staff member working the Top Sail Lounge and the pool deck apologized for the issue happening.  During the day the head waiter, the chef, and the YC manager all sought us out and apologized for the error!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 4:42 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Absolutely. I ordered it several times on our last time. Far nicer than any I've ever had in Butchers Cut.

Agreed!

We went to the Butcher's cut for our Diamond dinner and they did not have any of the "included" small filets. They would not give us the bigger filet in replacement. They said that they were offering a hanger steak as a replacement for the filet 😞 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Agreed!

We went to the Butcher's cut for our Diamond dinner and they did not have any of the "included" small filets. They would not give us the bigger filet in replacement. They said that they were offering a hanger steak as a replacement for the filet 😞 

That is sad. I would have asked for the bigger filet to be cut in half and served. Hanger steak is not a replacement for a filet.