Question about In Room Dining

Is there a charge for continental breakfast delivered to your room? Do they charge for a room delivery plus what you order as well?

Are there charges for everything delivered to your room from any dining venue?

Posted (edited)

That is a lot of questions. If you order from the door hanger no charge. If you order through room service or the app there may be charges for ordering depending on your package. Some food items have a price but will be listed 

Edited by memoak

There is no charge for breakfast ordered by the door hang tag. 

If you order anything using the Ocean Now app there is a one time charge of $14.99. The charge is included with the plus and premier fares. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

There is no charge for breakfast ordered by the door hang tag. 

If you order anything using the Ocean Now app there is a one time charge of $14.99. The charge is included with the plus and premier fares. 

Plus a lot of the items on OceanNow have an additional charge. This is some but not all of them from last month:

Screenshot_20240528-173310_Messages.jpg

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Plus a lot of the items on OceanNow have an additional charge. This is some but not all of them from last month:

Thank you for sharing. Room Service Pizza now cost $15? Wasn’t it three dollars and then changed to no charge?

The ice cream is new since my last cruise. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there are any plant-based choices. Bummer for those that are Vegan or that have dairy allergies 🙋🏻‍♀️

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing. Room Service Pizza now cost $15? Wasn’t it three dollars and then changed to no charge?

The ice cream is new since my last cruise. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there are any plant-based choices. Bummer for those that are Vegan or that have dairy allergies 🙋🏻‍♀️

Oops. Thanks for catching that. Royal Princess had Aussie pricing as it was out of Sydney. So I hope it's 2/3rds for USD .... A$15 should / could be USD$10. Still there's a charge for 90% of the options even after paying the $14.95 if a standard cruiser 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

There are a lot of Room Service items that do not have a charge after you pay the one time $14.99 OceanNow charge. If there’s more than one person in the cabin, just have one person pay the charge and then order the food for everyone for the entire cruise. If you have Plus or Premier package then you do not have to pay the $14.99 fee. Don’t tell anyone but I have been known to order nightly room service. I like to order the club sandwich with fruit or french fries. It goes great with a free movie on demand.

If you call Room Service on the phone you will also be charged five dollars per call so it’s more affordable to use the app.

I’m not telling anyone what to do, but I always tip room service a few dollars. I really appreciate the delivery! 

Let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help when we can. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Oops. Thanks for catching that. Royal Princess had Aussie pricing as it was out of Sydney. So I hope it's 2/3rds for USD .... A$15 should / could be USD$10. Still there's a charge for 90% of the options

90%??? By any chance, do you have photos of the complementary items? It looks like things have changed since my cruise last year. I have a 17 day cruise coming up and I want to decide what to order. Note to self…Stay away from the French Fries. 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I showed the 3 desserts (chocolate cake, cheesecake,  and key lime pot) plus there were 3 salads (Greek, Caesar, and house) and fries. After reviewing the options I didn't pay for OceanNow 

It was completely different from the Enchanted Princess November 23, 2023 -> December 8, 2023. Disappointing 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I showed the 3 desserts (chocolate cake, cheesecake,  and key lime pot) plus there were 3 salads (Greek, Caesar, and house) and fries. After reviewing the options I didn't pay for OceanNow 

It was completely different from the Enchanted Princess November 23, 2023 -> December 8, 2023. Disappointing 

That’s not good.

Thank you all for your replies. I hate to see all of this nickel and diming going on….cruising has certainly changed over the last few years.

20 hours ago, Ombud said:

Oh man, the cheesecake is complimentary.  I'm one of those people who feels like if I spend the money, I really need to get my money's worth out of it.  I'm going to be ordering cheesecake all over the ship all the time.  Ha ha. 

• Haha 1

@alwalaska i love the key lime. Tastes more like meyer lemon meringue which is fine by me. Chocolate cake is too dry, then they try to compensate for that by making icing too sweet. Cake needs butter, icing needs salt to cut sweetness 

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@alwalaska i love the key lime. Tastes more like meyer lemon meringue which is fine by me. Chocolate cake is too dry, then they try to compensate for that by making icing too sweet. Cake needs butter, icing needs salt to cut sweetness 

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to citrus. I can get by with the tiny bit of lemon juice required for most cheesecake recipes, but I don't want to take my chances with key lime pie. 🙂 

9 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you all for your replies. I hate to see all of this nickel and diming going on….cruising has certainly changed over the last few years.

Just in case you don’t know, Princess is better than other cruise lines as far as charges for room service. On Royal Caribbean last year I was shocked that I had to pay $9.99 (I think that’s how much it was) each time I ordered room service. At least with Princess if I don’t have a package, I pay $14.99 and I’m good for the entire cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Oh man, the cheesecake is complimentary.  I'm one of those people who feels like if I spend the money, I really need to get my money's worth out of it.  I'm going to be ordering cheesecake all over the ship all the time.  Ha ha. 

Two reasons I look forward to cruise dining - escargot in MDR at least once and creme brulee galore. Two things I never have at home but I love having them on a cruise. 

• Like 1

Princess has yet to replace the really good Room Service Chocolate cake with butter icing.  The MDR doesn't even offer a good plain old chocolate cake.  

How hard could it be to bake a chocolate cake with butter frosting?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess has yet to replace the really good Room Service Chocolate cake with butter icing

I haven't tried it bc the others (MDR & Buffet) are so bad. But at least the PB cookies & all fruit sorbets are excellent 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess has yet to replace the really good Room Service Chocolate cake with butter icing.  The MDR doesn't even offer a good plain old chocolate cake.  

How hard could it be to bake a chocolate cake with butter frosting?

The premium dessert chocolate cake is really delicious. I would avoid the black forest and red velvet ones. 

• Like 2

On the Dine My Way thread at the top of the forum.  Post #2686 lists the current items on the hang tag.

6 minutes ago, Queen of the Queen said:

Always so much good advice on CC.

Could someone let me know what the complementary  breakfast items are on the hang tag? Thanks

• Like 1