Majestic Princess which level?

Hi The Majestic Princess has just about sold out for Sept 2025 New England Cruise.  

Which is better level 9 or 14?

And since I can't go mid ships is a tiny bit aft better (quieter and smoother ride) than a little bit forward?

I know to avoid the lifts, stairs and laundry.

2 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Hi The Majestic Princess has just about sold out for Sept 2025 New England Cruise.  

Which is better level 9 or 14?

And since I can't go mid ships is a tiny bit aft better (quieter and smoother ride) than a little bit forward?

I know to avoid the lifts, stairs and laundry.

Personally I don't think a little bit aft is any different to a little bit forward. Movement would be the same. As for deck levels, I think the main thing is to have cabins above and below you so you avoid things like the pool deck noise, theatre noise etc. I've had cabins near the lifts, stairs and laundries and never had a problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We had R231 on the Regal for a TA and R520 recently for a TP on the Majestic. LOVED deck 14. R231 was very close to the forward elevators and stairs. R520 was close to the laundry and mid elevators and stairs. The fwd cabin had a booming sound when we were in rough seas and 520 was mid aft so there was no real movement when it was rough. 2 floors up to the Lido deck, perfect. As far as ride is concerned, it all depends what type of ride you prefer. On Grand/Crown Class ships we always try to get the farthest aft port or starboard mini on deck 8, those cabins get the yawing movement. The fwd room had more of a pitch movement to it, but I think the Royal class ships handle the rough seas so much better. For us the more motion, the better we sleep.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is that mid-AFT on deck 9 or deck 14?

I would choose by deck.  I would go with deck 9.  We ended up on deck 15 way  forward when booking late...  Never again after the motion on that cruise.   SO much better when we were down in the Piazza on deck 5/6/7...   

Edited by Wishing on a star

31 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Is that mid-AFT on deck 9 or deck 14?

I would choose by deck.  I would go with deck 9.  We ended up on deck 15 way  forward when booking late...  Never again after the motion on that cruise.   SO much better when we were down in the Piazza on deck 5/6/7...   

Both deck 9 and deck 14 have mid aft cabins available.  We’ve been on deck 10 (caribe) on the Star princess but the Majestic is a much bigger ship and DH thought there might be a better view up high! I think we’ll go for deck 9 as it might be rough in September.
Thank you for your advice. 

12 hours ago, leck57 said:

Personally I don't think a little bit aft is any different to a little bit forward. Movement would be the same. As for deck levels, I think the main thing is to have cabins above and below you so you avoid things like the pool deck noise, theatre noise etc. I've had cabins near the lifts, stairs and laundries and never had a problem. 

This^^^^

We've done both 9 and 14 with no issues at all.

I recently had R602 on deck 14 for a 33 day TP cruise.  It was very quiet and I was 100% happy with the location.  We had a few rocky days, and even though deck 14 is high, the motion wasn’t bad at all.

25 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I recently had R602 on deck 14 for a 33 day TP cruise.  It was very quiet and I was 100% happy with the location.  We had a few rocky days, and even though deck 14 is high, the motion wasn’t bad at all.

We were on same cruise and really liked R520. Quiet and less traffic with the suites and lounge on the floor.

• Like 1

Been on both on Majestic and I'd go with deck 9, though it's not a big difference.

It kind of depends on your preferred activities and whether you use elevators. Do you want proximity to the Lido deck (pool, buffet) or to the Promenade deck (lounges, theater)?

• Like 1

I would ask you to think where you would spend your time. If you're the type that frequents the buffet, then aft on 14. Two decks of stairs and you're there. If you like the spa, theater and the Piazza, then forward on 9, a couple decks of stairs and you're on 7. 

You do not want to be dependant on elevators on Royal Class ships. Be close to what you frequent.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all very much.  I really have no idea where we will be spending a lot of time as I don't know the ship at all.  I have a lot to learn about the ship.  We finally got a balcony cabin on Deck 11 Baja mid aft close but not right next to the lifts and stairs. If you think we should go lower I can keep my eye out for vacant cabins as we get closer. 

Luckily I have a fair bit of time to research the places to go on the ship.  We don't mind walking up a few stairs.  We were on the Royal in 2015 on Caribe deck which seemed ok but my memory is pretty vague. 

31 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thank you all very much.  I really have no idea where we will be spending a lot of time as I don't know the ship at all.  I have a lot to learn about the ship.  We finally got a balcony cabin on Deck 11 Baja mid aft close but not right next to the lifts and stairs. If you think we should go lower I can keep my eye out for vacant cabins as we get closer. 

Luckily I have a fair bit of time to research the places to go on the ship.  We don't mind walking up a few stairs.  We were on the Royal in 2015 on Caribe deck which seemed ok but my memory is pretty vague. 

Baja is a great compromise. Keep that cabin with no regrets. The main difference between Majestic and Royal is the sign on the hull.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Haha 1

@walkingsoonThat is good to know.  We did the Royal around the UK. Not my first preference as I thought the ship too large but it fitted the itinerary.  But when we were on board it wasn't crowded at all, so many quiet places and we had a couple of tender ports which went smoothly and quickly.  I was impressed. 

We've also sailed on the Star to Alaska.  Again I would have opted for the smaller Island Princess but the Star fitted our itinerary.  It was great as well.  So I think we are easily pleased!

You should be fine in that cabin!!!!

from mid-Aft the Buffet and Dining are all accessible.

Forward you will find the Theater, the Spa, the Sanctuary, etc.

Check out deck plans on Princess...  You will be glad you have become more familiar!!!

• Thanks 1