No Venetian Society Number.

KY Deb

52 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I couldn't do it from the webpages for either X or SS, but I got it done on the app, after a misstep. See post #24. Good luck!

Thanks, installed app and it worked like a charm!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I was having a heck of a time getting my statuses matched. I updated my Celebrity app, thinking that would help. Nope. 

Then it occured to me that I needed to close and relaunch the app. That did the trick. I feel rather silly for missing that step, but it's done now, and we will get laundry on our Arctic expediton cruise in 9 days. Yay! 

Were you then given a membership number for Venetian Society?

If so, I can not see how to do it.

6 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I already have one, due to an Antarctica expedition in 2022. My TA is doing something to make sure that everything is connected, but he needed me to do the status match myself first. It might be easier since I have a SilverSea cruise coming up? 

In any event, I will be seriously looking at the possibility of Galapagos on SS now.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I’m assuming I’ll get a Venetian Society membership number in the welcome email they send when loyalty status match is complete, which I think may take up to 7 days to arrive. I enrolled last Thursday or Friday. My upgraded Venetian Society status shows up in the Royal and Celebrity apps (on the Loyalty Match tab) but no membership number is shown (yet?j.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chot50s said:

I’m assuming I’ll get a Venetian Society membership number in the welcome email they send when loyalty status match is complete, which I think may take up to 7 days to arrive. I enrolled last Thursday or Friday. My upgraded Venetian Society status shows up in the Royal and Celebrity apps (on the Loyalty Match tab) but no membership number is shown (yet?j.

I did the status match when the announcement first came out.  Today I got a “Welcome to Silverseas” e mail.  Like you, I thought the number would be there.  It isn’t.  Oh well….no cruise planned yet.

Posted (edited)

I just went to my.silversea.com and I clicked  the Venetian Society tab at the top of the page, I then clicked on Loyalty Statement .   No VS number but it shows my Loyalty Match VS days.  I’m very happy as now my upcoming first SSea cruise should have the new benefits included.  

Edited by KY Deb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I did the status match when the announcement first came out.  Today I got a “Welcome to Silverseas” e mail.  Like you, I thought the number would be there.  It isn’t.  Oh well….no cruise planned yet.

I have not received the letter confirming my status match but I did log into my.silversea.com today to see a new drop down under the Venitian Society section labeled "Loyalty Statement". After clicking there I see my name, address and still no VS number assigned but I do see the status match information on the right hand side of the page.  Good news as my first SSea trip begins in 9 days. 

• Like 1

I did the linkage earlier today on the Celebrity app. I have assumed, possibly incorrectly, that the actual enrolment also includes the following from the SS website, which I plan to do tomorrow:

1.2. Conditions of Enrollment.

1.2.a. Enrollment. All eligible guests will be enrolled in the Loyalty Program upon completion of their first Voyage. To enroll prior to completing a Voyage contact 1-888-978-4070 if calling from the U.S. or Canada, or your local Silversea office, if outside the U.S. or Canada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

12 hours ago, KY Deb said:

I just went to my.silversea.com and I clicked  the Venetian Society tab at the top of the page, I then clicked on Loyalty Statement .   No VS number but it shows my Loyalty Match VS days.  I’m very happy as now my upcoming first SSea cruise should have the new benefits included.  

You will receive your Venetian Society number after your first cruise.  I doubt you need to bother calling for one.  If the App shows your VS status, it will link when on your first cruise.

I do note that regular Silversea passengers are not in a mad rush to synchronise the various loyalty programs. I guess we are more relaxed about these things.

Yes, I agree about getting the VS number.    I wanted to confirm my status on Silversea because I’m cruising in July.   If I didn’t have a cruise planned, I would have been more relaxed about it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Port Power said:

You will receive your Venetian Society number after your first cruise.  I doubt you need to bother calling for one.  If the App shows your VS status, it will link when on your first cruise.

I do note that regular Silversea passengers are not in a mad rush to synchronise the various loyalty programs. I guess we are more relaxed about these things.

I think the status match program is really to get R and X pax to hand around and move up a notch or two. SSea pax would go in the other direction only for specific reasons- eg large family events with kids   The demographics and itinerary are certainly different from SSea to R- less so for X  

• Like 1

I was delighted to receive both the 5% and 10% discounts on SS cruise I booked this week.  Definitely not messing with any of my bookings that were made under the previous T&Cs because those fares (solo) have increased dramatically.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ropomo said:

I did the linkage earlier today on the Celebrity app. I have assumed, possibly incorrectly, that the actual enrolment also includes the following from the SS website, which I plan to do tomorrow:

1.2. Conditions of Enrollment.

1.2.a. Enrollment. All eligible guests will be enrolled in the Loyalty Program upon completion of their first Voyage. To enroll prior to completing a Voyage contact 1-888-978-4070 if calling from the U.S. or Canada, or your local Silversea office, if outside the U.S. or Canada.

I called them and they said I should see a VS number sometime in the next days they were still processing these even though my email account showed the 250 days status matched successfully (my VS number was still 0000000). Hopefully they can give us all VS numbers prior to the cruises so theres no drama with benefits and so forth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BreakfastCruiser said:

I called them and they said I should see a VS number sometime in the next days they were still processing these even though my email account showed the 250 days status matched successfully (my VS number was still 0000000). Hopefully they can give us all VS numbers prior to the cruises so theres no drama with benefits and so forth.

My loyalty page now shows VS Loyalty Match Days, but no number. I feel that as long as the appropriate days show, we are golden.

• Like 2

I received a confirmation email this morning that my status match was complete. There IS a number at the bottom of the email after all of the benefits. Just hang in there and it will be arriving soon. 

21 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Did you look all the way at the end of the email? My email had my new VS number on it at the end after all the benefits. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Did you look all the way at the end of the email? My email had my new VS number on it at the end after all the benefits. 

This is more of a general e-mail.  It doesn’t go over the benefits.

It is personalized to me because it says Welcome and my first name.

There is no VS number.

Thanks.   Maybe this is just the first of the emails …..

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

Well, guess what I just found I my junk mail folder?

The welcome to the Venetian Society e mail you were talking about with the number at the end! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I received a confirmation email this morning that my status match was complete. There IS a number at the bottom of the email after all of the benefits. Just hang in there and it will be arriving soon. 

I got my welcome email and VS number today about 1 pm.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I also didn't know that and went in and clicked the box Enroll as a 500 VS.  

We will not be sailing for about a year so will be watching other's experience.    I thank you for doing all the 'Grunt" work.

I got my Venetian Society Status Match letter from Silversea yesterday,  which was 350 VS Days for me (I am D+ and E+).  It took about a week.  Anyway at the very bottom of the letter there was a gray summary box which had my new VS id number.  Actually easy to miss if not looking for it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I got my Venetian Society Status Match letter from Silversea yesterday,  which was 350 VS Days for me (I am D+ and E+).  It took about a week.  Anyway at the very bottom of the letter there was a gray summary box which had my new VS id number.  Actually easy to miss if not looking for it.

Did you get this Status Match Letter in Snail Mail or via e-mail?

I'm not sure that I ever got the letter, but since I had active accounts at both Celebrity and Silversea I think my status match happened overnight.  DW's took a little longer because even though she had a Venetian Society number from our previous SS cruise, she didn't have an active VS account.  She did get the letter, about a week after I initiated the match for her [and her new status had showed up on the SS website several days before that]