Simply More Room Service … wine included?

12 minutes ago, Izzy'sMoms said:

Our first cruise with Simply More - is wine included with ensuite dining in Owner/Vista/Oceania suites?

Yes - during meal hours with your food.  Also, you will have a 6 bottle (of your choosing) bar setup in your suite.  Actually, all cabins can order wine with their room service food during dining hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, basor said:

Actually, all cabins can order wine with their room service food during dining hours.

I didn't know that. You were just there, weren't you?

3 minutes ago, clo said:

I didn't know that. You were just there, weren't you?

yes - if you order room service during dining hours than you can order wine/beer with your meal - the same as if you were sitting at a restaurant

• Thanks 1

Just now, basor said:

yes - if you order room service during dining hours than you can order wine/beer with your meal - the same as if you were sitting at a restaurant

That's nice. I honestly can remember once when we ordered room service for dinner. After a lunch on shore, we shared a burger for dinner. A glass of red would have been nice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, clo said:

That's nice. I honestly can remember once when we ordered room service for dinner. After a lunch on shore, we shared a burger for dinner. A glass of red would have been nice.

Since we usually have bottles of wine in our room to enjoy out on the balcony, we usually just drink our own...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, basor said:

Since we usually have bottles of wine in our room to enjoy out on the balcony, we usually just drink our own...

Oops, we also. I just got so excited 🙂

PS: Where in Oregon? We used to live in Grants Pass near Medford.

Edited by clo
type

12 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Didn't realize that you could do that during room service--nice touch and something I didn't know👍

I didn't know this.  Looking forward to ordering room service drinks on our upcoming cruise. 😎

• Like 1

The problem comes down to the size of your room. Anything less than a PH would be pretty crowded except for snacks or handhelds. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

The problem comes down to the size of your room. Anything less than a PH would be pretty crowded except for snacks or handhelds. 

Absolutely!

In the veranda cabins there is a small drinks table on the veranda and a coffee table in the cabin but far too small and low for two people to enjoy a meal on and I would have thought impossible on the smaller ships.

Interesting discussion.

Here's a query.

Does room service (non PH) include a pizza from waves during dinner times ?

If not, and I order and pick up myself, can I take back to the cabin and then also a couple of glasses of wine using SM ?

16 hours ago, BSR said:

I didn't know this.  Looking forward to ordering room service drinks on our upcoming cruise. 😎

But doesn't it have to require food for lunch or dinner, not just wine/beer?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Interesting discussion.

Here's a query.

If not, and I order and pick up myself, can I take back to the cabin and then also a couple of glasses of wine using SM ?

Sorry no in answer to your first question. There is a set ‘room service menu’ unless you are in PH or above when you can order anything you want.

Can’t answer your second question … sorry.

Edited by Vallesan
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Sorry no in answer to your first question. There is a set ‘room service menu’ unless you are in PH or above when you can order anything you want.

Can’t answer your second question … sorry.

Didn't they make a change in the last couple of years where you can order dinner from the GDR in most rooms? Or maybe Concierge? 

Room service menu is very limited.  On my last cruise in May, if you didn’t stick to the exact items on the room service menu, you couldn’t get it.   By now, you must know about our trying to order a turkey sandwich. They wouldn’t do it. There is a turkey club on menu with bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.  Asked them to hold bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.  Room service refused to do it.  
On previous cruises, we often called room service without looking at the menu.  If what we asked for was on the ship, we got it.  Our requests are not unusual.  
We met a lady who had Covid onboard. She had to quarantine. At first, she was restricted to the limited room service menu. After a few days, she protested loudly enough and got food from the specialty restaurants. 

58 minutes ago, ORV said:

Didn't they make a change in the last couple of years where you can order dinner from the GDR in most rooms? Or maybe Concierge? 

Concierge Veranda and above can order from the GDR menu during normal GDR dining hours.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Interesting discussion.

Here's a query.

You can go to Waves and order a pizza and take back to your room...you could also order a glass of wine per person to take back to your room with the pizza

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Concierge Veranda and above can order from the GDR menu during normal GDR dining hours.

Not on Marina at the moment. Just disembarked last Saturday.

10 hours ago, ORV said:

Only PH and above on Marina at the moment.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Odd. Oceania's website still lists it as a concierge verandah perk. 

Maybe I’m mistaken. We don’t often use room service and there’s no longer a printed menu only the one on the TV. I could have missed the GDR room service. The only thing I would say is that the Oceania website is so out of date that room service May have altered but the website not updated. 
I’m sure somebody will come along with the definitive answer!

11 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Maybe I’m mistaken. We don’t often use room service and there’s no longer a printed menu only the one on the TV. I could have missed the GDR room service. The only thing I would say is that the Oceania website is so out of date that room service May have altered but the website not updated. 
I’m sure somebody will come along with the definitive answer!

IIRC from my experience on Marina a few years ago there was nothing that overtly stated you could order from the GDR...you just had to know you could.

Pulled out the O "fancy books" for our B3 and A3 B2B cruise on Riviera late 2023. On p. 19 of both, the "Your Veranda Stateroom/B3" and "Your Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom/A3", it says in identical words:

"ROOM SERVICE/Room service is available 24 hours a day. You will find a complete dining menu in your stateroom's Guest Services Directory."

AND under

"Amenities
 [Free*] 24-hour room service with full hot breakfast menu"

NO mention of accessing any specialty restaurant menus.

* Word "Free" on the A3 page but not the B3 page. Odd.

36 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

IIRC from my experience on Marina a few years ago there was nothing that overtly stated you could order from the GDR...you just had to know you could.

Lots of things have changed over the ‘last few years’! As I said I’m sure somebody will come back with the ‘definitive’ answer.