Neptune Suite Queston

Sparkling wine better described as effervescent drain opener. Exchange it for a bottle of drinkable wine ASAP with the lounge concierge. I think that if enough people would do this maybe, just maybe, management might notice and up the initial offering.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Exchange the bubbles immediately to water.

Can I bring my own champagne onboard without penalty to drink in cabin during sail away?

Norris

12 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

Can I bring my own champagne onboard without penalty to drink in cabin during sail away?

Norris

No, $18.00 charge.

33 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

No, $18.00 charge.

Thanks! I'll pay the $18 to drink something decent. Do you recall the name of the brand HAL provides?

Norris

2 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

Thanks! I'll pay the $18 to drink something decent. Do you recall the name of the brand HAL provides?

Norris

Wycliff by Gallo.

33 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Wycliff by Gallo.

I see Total Wine in Ft. Lauderdale has the Wycliff for $6.99 for 750ml. That must be some good stuff! I'm in an aft suite so the Wycliff can be used to wash any funnel soot off the balcony.

Thanks again!

AEAD70C6-85A9-48CC-88CE-6F5665074B92_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b8ce21df559a39a58c4dab920506c6f6.jpeg

Norris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir PMP said:

No, $18.00 charge.

Correction - it’s $20 I believe for corkage.  Has been for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

I see Total Wine in Ft. Lauderdale has the Wycliff for $6.99 for 750ml. That must be some good stuff! I'm in an aft suite so the Wycliff can be used to wash any funnel soot off the balcony.

Thanks again!

AEAD70C6-85A9-48CC-88CE-6F5665074B92_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b8ce21df559a39a58c4dab920506c6f6.jpeg

Norris

That's the right 'Wycliff'.

42 minutes ago, kirkc said:

A sparkling wine such as Chandon would be a vast improvement.

Which costs more than the St Michele that is on the Signature Beverage Plan.

But I guess we could ask for Dom Perignon as well...

When you consider that most Neptune Suites are paying in the neighborhood of $1000 per day, I think a $20 bottle of bubbles is not out of line.

• Like 8

FYI, in the Pinnacle Suite on our last two HAL cruises they gave us Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Champagne.  I'm not really a connoisseur of champagne, but it tastes pretty good to me.  I went online and I see it is worth about $35 a bottle.  On one cruise a few years ago, our TA comped us a bottle of sparkling wine, so HAL gave us this cheap bottle in addition to the real champagne that comes with the suite.  You could definitely taste the difference.  After that when our TA gives us a bottle of sparking wine, we have the Neptune Lounge concierge exchange it for a bottle of regular wine...I imagine that is pretty cheap too, but haven't looked it up.

• Like 1

Wow Torquer if you can find Veuve Clocquot for $35 a bottle let me know where…I’ll take a case. Goes for over $70 a bottle at Costco.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kirkc said:

Wow Torquer if you can find Veuve Clocquot for $35 a bottle let me know where…I’ll take a case. Goes for over $70 a bottle at Costco.

I just googled it, and clicked on "Shopping".  Several places are selling it online for under $50, but some for much more.  I have never ordered it to know if these places are reliable, since as I said, I am definitely not a champagne expert.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I just googled it, and clicked on "Shopping".  Several places are selling it online for under $50, but some for much more.  I have never ordered it to know if these places are reliable, since as I said, I am definitely not a champagne expert.

I will buy it for $49.97 (what I usually pay in Chicago) from Total Wine in FLL before joining the Rotterdam for the Christmas cruise December 20. I'll sip some Wycliff so I can slam it in a survey if it's as bad as it appears. Thanks for the warnings all of you!

Norris

12 hours ago, Torquer said:

Did you check the bottle size? When I ran an Internet search, all of the ones for less than US$50 a bottle were the 375 mL half-bottles. Did see a few places where the 750 mL full bottle was US$50-55

• Like 1

My local Total Wine store, San Francisco East Bay sells VC 750 ml for about $45 plus tax. I keep some in my fridge at all times in case of “emergency celebrations “!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1