Queen Anne Western Mediterranean - H414

MylesS

13 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

Please share your solution! If I'm on board before you, I can test run it, and let you know if it'll work!

I will grab a tray and a large plate and hand the plate to the server and build up the lunch. If, as I suspect, the server won't touch my plate as my grubby [not] little paws will have contaminated it, I will ask for small plate size, tip onto the large plate on my tray and stack the empties up to be disposed of asap. 😀

Cunning eh?  😁

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

I thought they did away with trays in the Lido a while ago.

Oh

Well the server will be getting 'their' plate back then, somehow.

No problem.

However, you never know, the sneeze guard might have a bottom gap by the time I get to try it out again, I did mention that might be a reasonable solution for the pick 'n mixers. 🙂

My laundry suggestion to the deck manager was taken up so, I'll see. 🤞

Beautiful day in Civitavecchia today! Lots of sun, very little wind.

Again I’ve chosen to stay onboard, having last been here in August when Queen Mary 2 broke her moorings (hopefully no repeat!) — but I’ll be heading off tomorrow in Alghero.

We’re taking on more food supplies it seems. Crates being unloaded from containers and onboard the ship.

We’re not the only ones in today, either. I haven’t been on Aurora for many years, but she’s looking well kept from the outside! 

IMG_6152.thumb.jpeg.528edecc94430a145e60d1fd6195fa6d.jpegIMG_6154.thumb.jpeg.52ea2a6307713d1a54feada83c4cd970.jpeg

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Myles - please report any observations or suggestions for Alghero after your visit tomorrow.

Stopping here on QV in September and not familiar with this port.

Many thanks.

Shall do, it’s a lovely place. We went last year on Queen Mary 2 as a replacement port.

Unfortunately MyVoyage has been broken since Barcelona, otherwise I’d post some photos of tour options. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jay1283 said:

It's also a load of baloney. I've used all those services with and without a VPN on this voyage and they all work fine. I guess the reviewer had a problem with their laptop.

That was my thought.

Sounded like someone that shouldn't be allowed to work remotely since they don't know enough about their equipment to solve minor connection problems.

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And I was wondering whether there would be a large plate accessible to grab.

Victoria2 seems very resourceful. I'd imagine there might be one in her cabin, or she might ask her butler to source one, or simply borrow one from the MDR.

• Like 1

Just a quick note to say we are enjoying the cruise very much. Currently on a coach back from Rome which we did 'on our own.' It's our 4th visit but Mrs RR still managed to get us lost! Beautiful weather & the ship is in great condition. No complaints about the food - we dined in Aranya last night & I can thoroughly recommend the short rib entree. 

THE big news though is that I've read the short but sweet comment posted by @exlondoner in the Cruise Critic comment book! Good to see some positive comments after a fair few moaning minnies early on!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Myles - please report any observations or suggestions for Alghero after your visit tomorrow.

Stopping here on QV in September and not familiar with this port.

Many thanks.

Neptune Grotto is well worth  a visit weather permitting  can be done privately by tourist boats  departing close to tender landing

Alghero Grotte Nettuno (18).JPG

Alghero Grotte Nettuno (50).JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, D&N said:

Victoria2 seems very resourceful. I'd imagine there might be one in her cabin, or she might ask her butler to source one, or simply borrow one from the MDR.

Tupperware maybe?   😄

The Lidos have large plates or plates I consider of a suitable sized surface area for a pick 'n mix lunch so hopefully, Annie's Artisans won't have everyone on diet sized platters!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Tupperware maybe?   😄

The Lidos have large plates or plates I consider of a suitable sized surface area for a pick 'n mix lunch so hopefully, Annie's Artisans won't have everyone on diet sized platters!

Yes, but will they be accessible on your side of the plastic screen. Still, you can ask your first port of call to put a smidgin of whatever on the big plate, and then add to it thereafter. Quite honestly, I think I’d go to the restaurant. On the last cruise the only thing I had from the buffet was a (splendid) chocolate brownie to take back to the room to have with tea, which I was served by Mr. Oldroyd himself.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, but will they be accessible on your side of the plastic screen. Still, you can ask your first port of call to put a smidgin of whatever on the big plate, and then add to it thereafter. Quite honestly, I think I’d go to the restaurant. On the last cruise the only thing I had from the buffet was a (splendid) chocolate brownie to take back to the room to have with tea, which I was served by Mr. Oldroyd himself.

I'm not into overthinking this.

It will be fine. One lunch off QG as a treat. I'm sure I'll sort it.

I went in search of a doughnut. Not there.

As I have mentioned before, never say 'I just fancy...' to your butler, which I have done with cookies, sushi and now doughnuts. You'll never run short again whilst on the cruise. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

As I have mentioned before, never say 'I just fancy...' to your butler, which I have done with cookies, sushi and now doughnuts. You'll never run short again whilst on the cruise. 😄

Oh dear, I would soon tire of doughnuts. 😀

29 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Just a quick note to say we are enjoying the cruise very much. Currently on a coach back from Rome which we did 'on our own.' It's our 4th visit but Mrs RR still managed to get us lost! Beautiful weather & the ship is in great condition. No complaints about the food - we dined in Aranya last night & I can thoroughly recommend the short rib entree. 

THE big news though is that I've read the short but sweet comment posted by @exlondoner in the Cruise Critic comment book! Good to see some positive comments after a fair few moaning minnies early on!

I was amazed at the length of the comments by those who had written before me, and did no more than scan them to get the general tenor, which seemed to be unhappiness.

49 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Cookies?????????? There are cookies on Cunard ships???? I can never find them. Two weeks on QA and not one cookie to be found. Sometimes I just fancy a cookie. Not cheesecake, not apple crumble, not ice cream. Just a simple cookie. I guess I need to upgrade myself to QG to get a butler. Or continue as I have done, smuggling them onboard. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Cookies?????????? There are cookies on Cunard ships???? I can never find them. Two weeks on QA and not one cookie to be found. Sometimes I just fancy a cookie. Not cheesecake, not apple crumble, not ice cream. Just a simple cookie. I guess I need to upgrade myself to QG to get a butler. Or continue as I have done, smuggling them onboard. 

There are cookies at the late night buffet. Not been on QA yet but had on QV and QM2 but don’t remember about QE as only been on her once. 

Edited by Winifred 22

Traygate Solution…

Order a light snack (Sandwich etc) plus drinks from Room Service.

They deliver on a tray, always placing the loaded tray as required.

Consume…

Place tray under one’s bed, leaving the crockery etc on the table.

Stateroom attendant will remove crockery when cleaning/making up room.

Tray being retained.

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Traygate Solution…

Order a light snack (Sandwich etc) plus drinks from Room Service.

They deliver on a tray, always placing the loaded tray as required.

Consume…

Place tray under one’s bed, leaving the crockery etc on the table.

Stateroom attendant will remove crockery when cleaning/making up room.

Tray being retained.

You mean they don’t hoover under the beds?

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You mean they don’t hoover under the beds?

If one feels the proposed advice is possibly flawed, then one is free to bring one’s own tray onboard.

I wouldn't describe myself as a cookie monster, but I can sniff them out at ten paces!

There are cookies in the Lido, sorry, Artisan Hall  on Annie. Just ask by the ice cream dispenser if they're not on display.