Port Canaveral Airport Transfer

ishap

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from Port Canaveral to MCO.  I know Carnival offers a transfer for $38pp.  I also believe there is a port provided transport I think for $25pp.  Of course there is always Uber.  I've heard differing stories of issues with each, so for those of you that have experience, which is the best in your opinion?

Posted (edited)

Carnival shuttle is typically the slowest and most expensive regardless of the port. We always Uber in every port, including Port Canaveral. Uber is going to be about the same price as the shuttle services. At least with Uber, it's on-demand and at your leisure. I just priced a shuttle company vs UberXL before making this comment, and Uber is $20 cheaper than Cortrans for 4 people. Uber is $80 cheaper than Carnival shuttle for the same amount of people.

Edited by teknoge3k

I have hired a private ride and done the $25 option. Both were great. 

$25pp in full size bus was a bargain.  Go Port, i think, was merchant.  

I would select the Carnival option only if flight lands after noon day of cruise. Boat will wait for transport delays for CCL bookings. 

We used UberXL last week off the Vista for $102. There were 4 of us with 4 bags. I set it up waiting outside the day of debarkation.

i had originally booked an UberX for $72 and a Kia forte showed up no way we were fitting. Four people were not fitting in that car only 2 suitcases fit in the trunk. 

I made her cancel not me so I got my $$ back from Uber, as the vehicle was not as described (no hard feelings)

If I had booked the XL at that time it was $92. Learned my lesson. 

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Carnival shuttle is typically the slowest and most expensive regardless of the port. We always Uber in every port, including Port Canaveral. Uber is going to be about the same price as the shuttle services. At least with Uber, it's on-demand and at your leisure. I just priced a shuttle company vs UberXL before making this comment, and Uber is $20 cheaper than Cortrans for 4 people. Uber is $80 cheaper than Carnival shuttle for the same amount of people.

I just wasn't sure if Uber would be available or hard to come by.  That would be my preferred option.  We have time as flight is not till after 2pm.

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

I have hired a private ride and done the $25 option. Both were great. 

$25pp in full size bus was a bargain.  Go Port, i think, was merchant.  

I would select the Carnival option only if flight lands after noon day of cruise. Boat will wait for transport delays for CCL bookings. 

Flying in the day before and staying in a hotel next to port, so TO port not a problem.

3 hours ago, nydney1 said:

We used UberXL last week off the Vista for $102. There were 4 of us with 4 bags. I set it up waiting outside the day of debarkation.

i had originally booked an UberX for $72 and a Kia forte showed up no way we were fitting. Four people were not fitting in that car only 2 suitcases fit in the trunk. 

I made her cancel not me so I got my $$ back from Uber, as the vehicle was not as described (no hard feelings)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this insight.  I think I may look and see how much an uber is the debarkation day and if very pricey, take the port shuttle.  So far it seems that other options are better than the Carnival airport transfer.

3 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Hope this helps.

How is a Kia Forte not as described for an UberX?

8 minutes ago, ishap said:

I just wasn't sure if Uber would be available or hard to come by.  That would be my preferred option.  We have time as flight is not till after 2pm.

Flying in the day before and staying in a hotel next to port, so TO port not a problem.

Thanks for this insight.  I think I may look and see how much an uber is the debarkation day and if very pricey, take the port shuttle.  So far it seems that other options are better than the Carnival airport transfer.

You can book Uber or Lyft in the app up to at least a month in advance, so you can see how much it will cost to book them. The advantage of booking the ride now in advance is they will be there waiting for you at the requested time, no worries about waiting for an available ride.

6 hours ago, ishap said:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from Port Canaveral to MCO.  I know Carnival offers a transfer for $38pp.  I also believe there is a port provided transport I think for $25pp.  Of course there is always Uber.  I've heard differing stories of issues with each, so for those of you that have experience, which is the best in your opinion?

Hello @ishap

Thank you for your new thread. However, it was posted on an incorrect forum and was off topic there. To help you out, your inquiry has been moved to the North American Homeports - Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Check with "Cruise Control". Our favorite transportation...their amazing and highly recommended by many on these boards.

888 416-8830

1 hour ago, ishap said:

Rideshare drivers may accept the ride but then cancel if they think your party will not fit.  They may also request additional cash since they may need to deadhead back.  They aren't supposed to, but they do when the distance/time is great.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mz-s said:

How is a Kia Forte not as described for an UberX?

You are not putting 4 adults and luggage in a Kia forte.

Picking up at the port the driver should know there will be luggage.

Edited by nydney1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nydney1 said:

You are not putting 4 adults and luggage in a Kia forte.

Picking up at the port the driver should know there will be luggage.

Must have been your first Uber I guess, every time I book an UberX it's a Corolla or something like that. Nowhere on the app does it say an UberX has to be a full-size sedan so my question was how was it not as described. If you want a bigger car you have to book an UberXL or a taxi van.

Edited by mz-s

I’ve booked hundreds of Ubers. 

I would have expected an auto that would hold 4 people and four pieces of luggage. 

Especially when I messaged the driver that there were for of us a four pieces of luggage after they accepted the fare.

Again I had no hard feelings, but I was surprised at the size of the vehicle.