Elite/Platinum Priority Booking Dining Gone?

Currently, only platinum and elite status guests can book dining reservations immediately after making a booking, if more than 75 days prior to sailing, this is on the website:

Platinum and Elite guests get early access

Platinum and Elite Captain’s Circle members, guess what? You can make reservations right away (before final payment). You get your pick of venues and times in appreciation for your loyalty!

Will everyone now have immediate access?

June 17th tomorrow, is the 75 days out still in effect for everyone who's not elite?

"Starting June 17, booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It’s consistently been inconsistent, as far as making reservations for the MDR.  

Some (non Platinum/non Elite) have been able to book right away and others after FP.

Who knows what the changes  be with advance bookings?  

Good point, though.

• Like 1

Maybe everyone can choose their dining style (early, late, anytime) but only Platinum/Elite can actually make reservations? 

That would be consistent with other cruise lines where you can choose your preferred dining style right away, but it is not guaranteed you will get what you chose. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MyriamS said:

Maybe everyone can choose their dining style (early, late, anytime) but only Platinum/Elite can actually make reservations? 

That would be consistent with other cruise lines where you can choose your preferred dining style right away, but it is not guaranteed you will get what you chose. 

Let's hope so!

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s consistently been inconsistent, as far as making reservations for the MDR.  

Some (non Platinum/non Elite) have been able to book right away and others after FP.

Who knows what the changes  be with advance bookings?  

Good point, though.

But what happens on June 17th?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

But what happens on June 17th?

Exactly, that’s what we will find out.  
They do a dump and reload process, so it has been affecting some who try to book a reservation for any date.  So, if they finish programming tmrw, like they say, we should go back in and rebook all the ones they canceled. 

For those, whom were waiting to make reservations, should be able to book them also.

Here is when we will find out if the advance booking for Platinum/Elite has changed?  Or, if anyone can book before FP.

My bet….it will still be inconsistent. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

I've been checking on dining reservations on and off for a week or so (just in case they pop up before the 17th). Each time the app has just shown no availability. Last night I went in and got a new message "You cannot reserve dining at this time. Either you are not Platinum/Elite or your cruise is not paid in full). Hmmm...I'm elite AND my cruise is paid in full). I did the old "log out/log in" trick and it went back to showing no availability. It will be interesting to see the roll out tomorrow...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know which dining room will be for what

ie fixed, reservations for a time, or walkin? I thought I saw it somewhere but cannot find it now. 

What ship? 

55 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know which dining room will be for what

ie fixed, reservations for a time, or walkin? I thought I saw it somewhere but cannot find it now. 

Maybe on the Sun?  We will know about the other ships..

after the update.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I've been checking on dining reservations on and off for a week or so (just in case they pop up before the 17th). Each time the app has just shown no availability. Last night I went in and got a new message "You cannot reserve dining at this time. Either you are not Platinum/Elite or your cruise is not paid in full). Hmmm...I'm elite AND my cruise is paid in full). I did the old "log out/log in" trick and it went back to showing no availability. It will be interesting to see the roll out tomorrow...

But does the app say you're elite (black background)? 

I've gotten the same message.  

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

18 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

It does...and I've never had a an issue previously with the app recognizing that. Once I logged out and back in it went back to saying nothing available...

• Like 2

My booking has disappeared off the app!! due to sail Sky 15th Sept Elite and paid in full was going to sort my dining first thing tomorrow now it looks like I'll be ringing princess....... unless of course it magically reappears tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Canberra forever ! said:

My booking has disappeared off the app!! due to sail Sky 15th Sept Elite and paid in full was going to sort my dining first thing tomorrow now it looks like I'll be ringing princess....... unless of course it magically reappears tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

My b2b collapsed into a single voyage with one booking number. On the one hand, that’s good news because they chose the second half where I’m booked in a WS instead of the first half where I’m in an Interior.😃 But then again, if the app thinks my WS doesn’t need to make a MDR dining reservation will it even let me do so for that first week?🤨

l kinda wonder why any of us will bother trying tomorrow. It’s going to be a train wreck, and we all know that going in. 

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I've been checking it out too, just to see if I can sneak in ahead but no luck. But for my future cruises, two of them says I cannot reserve. The other ones show as nothing is available. 

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

And just WHEN on June 17th? Midnight Princess (Santa Clarita) time? 8:00 am ?  

I would like to know this too as I will be on Australian time.

There were changes made in the App from June update.  For the Regal on a sailing after the dining change, it seems like Concerto and Symphony (description says "Think of this as the classic cruise dining experience...") will be for traditional dining and Allegro (no description in photo) will be for anytime dining.  If this extends to other Royal/Grand class ships, the aft dining room with aft only access will by for anytime dining.

Make sure you're running on the latest version of the App to ensure you have access to the new dining system.  Having said that, given Princess' track record of implementing transitions, I don't have high hopes that this will go over smoothly.

image.jpeg

I think the above descriptions might not mean anything... I could briefly access dining despite not having paid my reservation in full (a bug from the app) and I remember the description for restaurants were sometimes empty or, if filled, were very generic. Also the Princess press release said it would be one traditional dining room, one anytime dining room and one walk in dining room on most of their ships. 

I'm also sailing on the Regal late September and nothing has changed for me. No option to choose my dining style in either the app or cruise personalizer.