Dining reservations

negn

1 hour ago, doodlefan said:

I have logged out and logged back in and it's still the same.  But I haven't made final payment yet.  Do you have to be paid in full to book dining?

Yes - well I do anyway !

This is what I get on the App:

IMG_1870.jpeg

Edited by paulatsea
  • Thanks 1

I am elite. Not paid in full for Sky or Enchanted.

i reloaded the new app before starting to book last night.

Both showed 3 dining rooms. Only gave me one choice to book Sky for 5:30, etc. several times available. Private table.

Enchanted gave me 2 choices with several times.

Star Nov2025- cannot book any dining at all.

1 minute ago, Z0nker said:

This is certainly not a confidence booster. Princess has a lot of egg on their face. 

Every time they mess with the app, the same thing happens.

All will be forgotten as soon as it's working correctly.

People are quick to forget. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanoPair said:

Does anyone know what is the Traditional MDR on Emerald Princess? I'm assuming it's Botecelli, but I'm not seeing any dining times. It may be because I already booked anytime for our whole 2026 cruise, but nt sure. Didn't want to delete them all just to be able to see. Are all Traditional Dining times 5:00 and 7:30? Cruisedeckplans.com still shows 6:00 and 8:15.

Oceano, Bottecelli is Reserve and Michaelangelo is traditional on Emerald. Da Vinci is walk in.  And you are correct if you already have reservations booked it will not give you available time slots for those nights. Same applies if you have Specialty reservations. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't get reservations for one night for our group of 5, finally realized 2 of them made specialty reservations that night.

I was able to make our reservations, and it all looks right.

So far!   Hopefully they won't 'get lost'.

I do have one question, though.

DH had made a specialty restaurant reservation, and we want to move it up a bit earlier.

The EDIT seems to be working, but it also shows the charges and credit card info.

I am wondering if it might not be working well, and charge the card again.

Anybody edited a specialty that has a paid upcharge?

1 hour ago, doodlefan said:

Do you have to be Elite or Paid in full?  I keep getting You are not currently able to make dining reservations..... you have to be paid in full, platinum or elite  etc.

I had all my dining reservations done for all upcoming  cruises which of course got cancelled like everyone else but I can't get past this to even attempt to make any reservations.  I'm trying to do it for the closest cruise which is Sapphire Nov 3  2024

Any insight??

I am not paid in full for my Emerald Cruise in December but I have managed to book all my dining on the Web Version of the App

If I go to dining on the Phone App, it tells me I can't book until fully paid.

• Thanks 3

I was just able to complete booking our main dining room reservations on the Enchanted Princess for our Christmas cruise.  It took a few tries...closing the app, reopening but they're done now!  Our dining is simple though...7PM, table for 2, same dining room each night except for our specialty reservations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MyriamS said:

If, like me, you're confused by what is the web version of the app, login to Cruise Personalizer and go to the Check-in page. It includes a link to the web version of the app for those with no compatible devices. 

Here's the link for the web version of the Medallion App. When you get there, click "Try our web version"

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/oceanready

image.png.ab3ec99f3ad212646683dfa6e37202bb.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I was able to make our reservations, and it all looks right.

So far!   Hopefully they won't 'get lost'.

I do have one question, though.

DH had made a specialty restaurant reservation, and we want to move it up a bit earlier.

The EDIT seems to be working, but it also shows the charges and credit card info.

I am wondering if it might not be working well, and charge the card again.

Anybody edited a specialty that has a paid upcharge?

Got charged  again. Better to call or wait.

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

Our TA is awesome! The only Princess cruise we have booked where we are not dining in the Reserve Collection dining area is on the Aug 2026 Solar Eclipse cruise on the Sky where we have a family cruise booked for 10 guests in 4 cabins. 

Since booking the early fixed seating option wasn’t available yet for that cruise, our TA was able to individually reserve a private table in the Soleil MDR for 10 at 5:30 pm each night on our 14 day cruise. Yay!! 

BTW some of the 10 have never cruised with Princess. So the issue where only Platinum/Elite guests can make a reservation prior to paying for the cruise wasn’t a factor.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our TA is awesome! The only Princess cruise we have booked where we are not dining in the Reserve Collection dining area is on the Aug 2026 Solar Eclipse cruise on the Sky where we have a family cruise booked for 10 guests in 4 cabins. 

Since booking the early fixed seating option wasn’t available yet for that cruise, our TA was able to individually reserve a private table in the Soleil MDR for 10 at 5:30 pm each night on our 14 day cruise. Yay!! 

BTW some of the 10 have never cruised with Princess, so the issue where only Platinum/Elite guests can make a reservation prior to paying for the cruise wasn’t a factor.

Are you using a Princess PCP that has inside access or an outside TA?

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

BTW some of the 10 have never cruised with Princess. So the issue where only Platinum/Elite guests can make a reservation prior to paying for the cruise wasn’t a factor.

I was also able to book @ 5:30 each night in Soleil for the August 8, 2926 Solar cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I was also able to book @ 5:30 each night in Soleil for the August 8, 2926 Solar cruise.

Cool! We were kind of stressing there a bit as my DW needs to eat early, and there can’t be that many tables for 10 available. Thankfully, all is good now, and we can now find something else to worry about! 😂

13 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

AFAIK, Sun Princess is still on its own schedule for when dining reservations open. We're on it in March 2025 and nothing available yet either.

I'd advise to hop on it as soon as they open.  We're on her in October.  I paid off our cruise early to make reservations and we can't get what we have always had, a private two top at 540 that's scooter manageable.  Will have to wait until we get on board 

@Z0nker when is your cruise? Is it before September 14, 2024 or after?

if it’s for a cruise before September, if you had previously made reservations, they should still be there or are they not?
If it’s after September 14, you can now make reservations for traditional dining ( in Michelangelo)or reserve with a choice of every 20 minutes in Botticelli dining room ,Or you can wait to get onboard and just walk up to the podium/ host stand or get in line to check in at the podium at DAVinci.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Z0nker when is your cruise? Is it before September 14, 2024 or after?

if it’s for a cruise before September, if you had previously made reservations, they should still be there or are they not?
If it’s after September 14, you can now make reservations for traditional dining ( in Michelangelo)or reserve with a choice of every 20 minutes in Botticelli dining room ,Or you can wait to get onboard and just walk up to the podium/ host stand or get in line to check in at the podium at DAVinci.

Our sailings are both after Sept 14 so all reservations were cancelled in April. I was able to get thru to a chat agent but all they know is that things are SNAFU and advised me to periodically check back. 
IMG_8210.thumb.jpeg.67c024abc6b5395b3badf4af97eac9ba.jpeg