Does Princess offer group rates ?

brockmom

Hello

I have an amazing TA who usually books us on Celebrity ships and can often get us added to a group

rate. Does Princess offer group rates with discounts. Or is the price I see on line, pretty much what

everyone pays ?

thanks 

Brockmom 

She is an expert with Celebrity cruises and has not been able in the past to get me a group rate with Princess.

Since we can’t discuss certain cruise agencies on board here, I simply wanted to know if they exist.

Do you pay the same rate as you see on Princess website or added to a group rate is my question 

thank you 

I've cruised with family on a group rate ...

Family was 30 ppl, I recall something like 15 rooms? Think we were all dbl. I've also cruised with family, just 10 in 5 rooms, without group rates. But your TA should be able to figure it out

3 hours ago, brockmom said:

She is an expert with Celebrity cruises and has not been able in the past to get me a group rate with Princess.

Since we can’t discuss certain cruise agencies on board here, I simply wanted to know if they exist.

Do you pay the same rate as you see on Princess website or added to a group rate is my question 

thank you 

Yes. 

They exist.

Group bookings have both different rates and extra perks..

I'd hope your TA is aware of this..

• Like 2

The T.A. has to set up the group. Group bookings through the T.A. usually have some small benefits such as some extra OBC, and/or some fare reduction which is usually taken from the TA's commission.  With some large groups the T.A. has a group of various category cabins reserved for their group which are held in reserve until sometime around final payment date and then are released. 

1 hour ago, brockmom said:

Thank you everyone.

That was just what I needed to confirm.

happy cruising 

cheers !

Just of note, if you book directly through Princess with a group, you can list yourself as a group leader and get some benefits, refunds based on the number of cabins in your group.   You can decide how you wish to share that refund.  Everyone in your group will receive a bit of extra onboard credit.  
If you wish to book with a TA, they may have some group rates on certain cruises.  I was able to get one through a TA recently (it was combinable with their annual Princess 3 day sale) and it saved us a few hundred dollars over what Princess could offer.  

Yes, we got a group rate through our TA for a 2025 Princess cruise.   So yes is the answer to your question, but you need to find a TA who has these group rates which are usually for certain cruises only.  

Yes, definitely. My TA's parent company often has group rates and my agent can also get her own group rates on the sailings she wants. Most of the cruises I go on are booked into group rates. It is definitely beneficial if the rates go up quite a bit on a cruise as the group rates are locked in early at a lower price (plus some perks).