6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

We have booked and paid for cruise in Oct.  we booked a suite so 2 credits are showing.  Should we expect that to double.  I will just repeat that altho already elite, rumor has it that princess might create another higher level of loyalty.

5 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

We have booked and paid for cruise in Oct.  we booked a suite so 2 credits are showing.  Should we expect that to double.  I will just repeat that altho already elite, rumor has it that princess might create another higher level of loyalty.

Don’t put a lot of faith in a rumor that has been around for more than 10 years 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have been Elite for years and the extra credits will be given to all that qualify regardless of their current Loyalty level.

That is the reason we are interested in the bonus credits.  We have heard from several high ranking Princess Staff Officers that a restructuring of the Captain Circle program is coming sooner than later.   🤷‍♂️

Please name your sources I have been hearing that rumor for over 10 years. Now that ONE runs captain circle I doubt that Princess has a lot of say. 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Please name your sources I have been hearing that rumor for over 10 years. Now that ONE runs captain circle I doubt that Princess has a lot of say. 

I’ve heard it, too, and was told, in confidence, that a restructuring of the loyalty program with a new super elite level was imminent….8 years ago, during an MTG cocktail party by someone who would have been in a position to know. When it didn’t happen, I just wrote off the idea.  Certainly, we’ve seen loyalty benefits being eliminated, not increased, since then and I think if another level is rolled out, it will be quite high (1000 to 1500 days), and current Elites under that level will see a substantial decrease in benefits, particularly those that have a cost to Princess (minibars and unlimited laundry). I think priority tendering is safe. 😉 But I can see them cutting the WiFi discount since “so many of their guests purchase a money saving package”. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I’ve heard it, too, and was told, in confidence, that a restructuring of the loyalty program with a new super elite level was imminent….8 years ago, during an MTG cocktail party by someone who would have been in a position to know. When it didn’t happen, I just wrote off the idea.  Certainly, we’ve seen loyalty benefits being eliminated, not increased, since then and I think if another level is rolled out, it will be quite high (1000 to 1500 days), and current Elites under that level will see a substantial decrease in benefits, particularly those that have a cost to Princess (minibars and unlimited laundry). I think priority tendering is safe. 😉 But I can see them cutting the WiFi discount since “so many of their guests purchase a money saving package”. 

I have learned over the years to take all these rumors with a huge grain of salt

• Like 3

Bad move if you ask me, while we are Elite and did it the old fashioned way, adding this acceleration will only water down the Elite perks. It will only be a matter of time when they start eliminating some of them. Then there's the 1500 people wanting priority tendering🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Bad move if you ask me, while we are Elite and did it the old fashioned way, adding this acceleration will only water down the Elite perks. It will only be a matter of time when they start eliminating some of them. Then there's the 1500 people wanting priority tendering🙄

We will be Elite after this cruise in October, our cruise in May is our first Elite cruise also the hard way. I personally don't see much in the way of benefits am I missing something? Plus package so wine in place of mini why bother and laundry only would use to press hubby's shirts after being packed. We choose Princess over others if they go where we want when we want so guess it took us a long time to get here 😊. After this trip we have 161 days but instead of 15 we get 17 cruises we are in a suite?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I personally don't see much in the way of benefits am I missing something?

No. You're not missing anything.

I imagine the number of people this promotion propels to Elite is quite small. So it puts a few more people in the Elite tender line a little earlier. Big deal. Plenty of itineraries don't even have tender ports.

For the rest of the benefits it really makes no difference how many people have them. Longer lines at guest services? How much time are people spending at guest services?? And the canapés couldn't be more stale than they already are, so...

Bunch of hand wringing about nothing in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/20/2024 at 4:06 PM, azbirdmom said:

It sure sounds like it but it depends on what Princess means by the word "between" in the text below.

To be eligible, guest must book on, or upgrade to, Princess Plus or Princess Premier package no later than 2 days prior to embarkation on a Princess Cruise departing between 8/1/2024 and 12/1/2024.

On 6/20/2024 at 4:09 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We'll see how it pans out.  Like I previously commented, it does not affect our status unless they roll out a new much higher tier. 

For years now, we have thought that they should have a 1,000+ sea days tier.

Language is pretty clear to me.  You depart on Dec 1 which is between 8/1 and 12/1.  Their wording means the dates are inclusive.

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

No. You're not missing anything.

I imagine the number of people this promotion propels to Elite is quite small. So it puts a few more people in the Elite tender line a little earlier. Big deal. Plenty of itineraries don't even have tender ports.

For the rest of the benefits it really makes no difference how many people have them. Longer lines at guest services? How much time are people spending at guest services?? And the canapés couldn't be more stale than they already are, so...

Bunch of hand wringing about nothing in this thread.

But don't forget, now you'll have a black Medallion to display. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boku said:

I wonder how Princess came to decide on the colours of the medallions. A black medallion doesn't scream Elite to me!

They match the color of the old elite cruise cards which were black. We still refer to newbies as “blue cards”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boku said:

I wonder how Princess came to decide on the colours of the medallions. A black medallion doesn't scream Elite to me!

AMEX issues a black credit card for their highest tier card the Centurion, which has the nickname, "The Black Card."  

On 6/20/2024 at 12:33 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Good question???  But, I tend to agree with @azbirdmom that you might be out of luck.  The below is from the FAQ's on the promotion:

We value your loyalty and thank you for being a loyal Princess Guest.  While you are already at the highest level of Captain’s Circle, your cruise credits continue to be tallied (and celebrated such as being recognized as the most traveled guest at the Captain’s Circle party onboard).  All guests, including Elite-level guests, who meet the promotional criteria will have their cruise credits doubled. 

Note that an email will be sent in mid-July to guests who already purchased Princess Plus or Princess Premier and who are sailing between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 to advise that they are automatically included in this offer.

I did not receive an email about this and I sail this month 

47 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We’re two weeks into August. Has anyone seen the results of double cruises/days yet?

There was another thread where person posted after 7 day cruise early August, their points were SUBTRACTED by 7 days! Said they reported and supposed to be corrected.

Currently on Emerald and future cruise said they did not think it possible for points too be subtracted, and said the posting is automatic! I will see when I disembark on 8/28 and join another ship on 8/31. I did not receive email confirming I will get double points, but added Premier to my booking 2 weeks before sailing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, wallyj said:

There was another thread where person posted after 7 day cruise early August, their points were SUBTRACTED by 7 days! Said they reported and supposed to be corrected.

Currently on Emerald and future cruise said they did not think it possible for points too be subtracted, and said the posting is automatic! I will see when I disembark on 8/28 and join another ship on 8/31. I did not receive email confirming I will get double points, but added Premier to my booking 2 weeks before sailing.

That was me.  And it was corrected, and also received the "bonus" points.  Had to deal with customer relations a few times, but it was finally corrected.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed this past week with Plus and I can see under My Account I only received 1credit for sailing instead of 2 based on the current ‘Double Cruise credits’ promotion. I guess I’ll give it some time to see if it changes on its own and if it doesn’t then I’ll have to call them for the correction.

• Thanks 2

On 8/10/2024 at 6:51 PM, memoak said:

Don’t put a lot of faith in a rumor that has been around for more than 10 years 

What they need is a level between Platinum and Elite. I don't know why they added Ruby in between Gold and Platinum.  I can't even imagine what perks they could add. They are all pretty lame at the lower levels. If you live in NY state you can't even benefit from the upgrade to the better insurance because the plan come with cancel for any reason which isn't accepted in NY state.

The “benefits” provided at each of the levels are really pretty meager and not impressive.  I thought I read that  it is not much different with other cruise lines but don’t know how true that is.  I’ve never used the Captains Circle Help Desk benefit. I don’t buy travel insurance through Princess do the insurance upgrade doesn’t help me. I haven’t found the “deluxe” Disembarkation lounge to be useful, especially since we often walk off early with our luggage. Mini bar setup is OK and free laundry is nice at Elite level. But overall, I would love to see them enhance the benefits. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

The “benefits” provided at each of the levels are really pretty meager and not impressive.  I thought I read that  it is not much different with other cruise lines but don’t know how true that is.  I’ve never used the Captains Circle Help Desk benefit. I don’t buy travel insurance through Princess do the insurance upgrade doesn’t help me. I haven’t found the “deluxe” Disembarkation lounge to be useful, especially since we often walk off early with our luggage. Mini bar setup is OK and free laundry is nice at Elite level. But overall, I would love to see them enhance the benefits. 

The cheerleaders here would have you believe that Princess offers the best loyalty program. Then they go on to complain how their benefits are watered down with the new all inclusive program, it takes 3 days to get a load of laundry back, they can no longer swap the mini bar for a coffee card and now they have to buy a WiFi package instead of getting the few free minutes they previously received as they only need to check emails and print an airline boarding pass.

Edited by Iamcruzin