CCL stock ceo on CNBC now interview

Last night Cramer said people keep acting like this is the last strong booking qtr ccl will have. He was positive ccl undervalued and people need to quit thinking are suddenly going to dry up and prices go back to before covid prices. His show was last night before earnings even came out.

There was a segment recently about carnival had  such higher exposure to Europe than other lines. Over double what rcl has, like 37% vs 17%. She asked the ceo about europe exposure and ceo came back saying the UK is a strong market for them. They are the ,leader out of the UK. I just saw a friend who came back from P & O and asked us to go over to that board and read his review. He lives in the UK. He sounded very positive. I still have strong believ ccl will come back. I'm in average over 21 and just holding. Ccl turned a profit. That's a huge thing for them finally.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Last night Cramer said people keep acting like this is the last strong booking qtr ccl will have. He was positive ccl undervalued and people need to quit thinking are suddenly going to dry up and prices go back to before covid prices. His show was last night before earnings even came out.

There was a segment recently about carnival had  such higher exposure to Europe than other lines. Over double what rcl has, like 37% vs 17%. She asked the ceo about europe exposure and ceo came back saying the UK is a strong market for them. They are the ,leader out of the UK. I just saw a friend who came back from P & O and asked us to go over to that board and read his review. He lives in the UK. He sounded very positive. I still have strong believ ccl will come back. I'm in average over 21 and just holding. Ccl turned a profit. That's a huge thing for them finally.

Their quarterly earnings were VERY strong.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

They've been above covid prices for me. My Jubilee cruise at the end of August is the most expensive 7-day I've ever booked. And it's just an interior room I booked over a year ago. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

They've been above covid prices for me. My Jubilee cruise at the end of August is the most expensive 7-day I've ever booked. And it's just an interior room I booked over a year ago. 

I agree the prices are extremely strong (as in their favor).  I do not think I have ever before seen where their pricing is at that end of the scale (as opposed to the value option).

• Like 2

Better than expected earnings (a profit none the less), strong future bookings, the most customer deposits on record, all this leads to the stock up 9% at this point (noon).  Nice day and nice future for the industry.

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Cramer accidentally gets something right occasionally.

reportedly (yeah I know the net is wrong more than it is right) worth $150 mill and makes 5 mill a year.  Certainly not going on food stamps anytime soon.

I dont know if I should laugh or cry. Some numb nut on CNBC was saying ccl was the biggest gainer on the index and the other guy replied he is still caught up in 104 % occupancy. That means some virtual stowaways.  Lol 

I wish I could explain how occupancy is calculated to him. Talking back to my tv.

• Haha 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

I dont know if I should laugh or cry. Some numb nut on CNBC was saying ccl was the biggest gainer on the index and the other guy replied he is still caught up in 104 % occupancy. That means some virtual stowaways.  Lol 

I wish I could explain how occupancy is calculated to him. Talking back to my tv.

Pure groan material

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Price holding. I'm used to texas time zone and market opening at 8:30 am.  Cramer says undervalued, see if hes correct. Ccl is actually down on the year so room to go up. 20 seems resistance so far this year, but I liked earnings.

20240626_083232728.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They may or may not be "experts" on the market at large, whatever that means. But they are not experts on individual stocks and the intricacies of each industry. They shouldn't even try to explain things they don't understand, it calls into question their entire platform IMO.

59 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

What are the chances of a small dividend being reinstated?

My view is that it won't come in the next 3 years or more.  They still have a bunch of debt and the shareholders would generally rather they paid most of that off instead of receiving dividends.

7 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

My view is that it won't come in the next 3 years or more.  They still have a bunch of debt and the shareholders would generally rather they paid most of that off instead of receiving dividends.

I am sure it is on a list, and a fairly short one.  That said, their focus is reducing debt and refinancing the debt they were taken to the cleaners on.  3 years sounds reasonable, but I know that offering even a small one would go a long way.  Their performance since getting back full steam in simply amazing, despite some comments to the contrary.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am sure it is on a list, and a fairly short one.  That said, their focus is reducing debt and refinancing the debt they were taken to the cleaners on.  3 years sounds reasonable, but I know that offering even a small one would go a long way.  Their performance since getting back full steam in simply amazing, despite some comments to the contrary.  

There are also uncertainties in the economy as a whole. For them to even reference, could instill fear in their model. Plus, reintroducing a dividend, and potentially having to pull it back again, would likely cause way more damage to the stock vs their current "position of improved strength."

• Like 1

5 day chart. You can clearly see when earnings hit. Positive bullishnchart for now but I expect it to run into some resistance around 20 but still pushing. Up 24 cents more today. Still in play.

20240627_164434990.jpeg

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I think less than 3 years for a small one. Perception matters.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think less than 3 years for a small one. Perception matters.

I disagree, but we'll see. As a CCL shareholder, the token dividend would do me little good, and the quarterly reports and increasing cruise prices tell me all I need to know about how healthy the Corporation is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I disagree, but we'll see. As a CCL shareholder, the token dividend would do me little good, and the quarterly reports and increasing cruise prices tell me all I need to know about how healthy the Corporation is.

CCL has suspended the dividend before. This was the explanation in 2010 for resumption.

"Resuming the quarterly dividend demonstrates our confidence in the earnings power of our global cruise brands despite the current economic environment. In addition, there has been a notable improvement in our access to the capital markets since the suspension was announced at the height of the financial crisis. Initiating the dividend at this level allows us to begin to return cash to shareholders at the peak of our capital expenditure program in 2010 and still maintain our strong balance sheet and solid investment grade credit rating. We are committed to returning cash to shareholders and expect to grow the dividend as our capital investment program slows beyond 2010 leading to significant free cash flow," said Micky Arison, Carnival Corporation & plc chairman and CEO."

Shareholder OBC does nothing for the institutions that hold most of the CCL stock.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It is def not the amount that would drive it, but simply the ability to do it.

I'm not sure how many debt covenants are still in effect that prohibit Carnival from issuing a dividend.

I don't know if it makes sense to be carrying debt at higher interest rates and paying a dividend. Carnival was operating with about $18 billion in debt at the end of FY 2019, and net interest expense was only about $200 million; interest expense was just over $2 billion (ten times as much) for FY 2023.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I'm not sure how many debt covenants are still in effect that prohibit Carnival from issuing a dividend.

I don't know if it makes sense to be carrying debt at higher interest rates and paying a dividend. Carnival was operating with about $18 billion in debt at the end of FY 2019, and net interest expense was only about $200 million; interest expense was just over $2 billion (ten times as much) for FY 2023.

Not only that but Carnival has diluted the amount of outstanding shares from around 710 million in 2020 to the current approximately 1.25 billion shares. That is a lot of shares to pay dividends on now. 

• Like 2