Ducks!!!

11 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

It's probably playing towards the British mentality i noticed on my first cruise if there's a competition as in this case find more than everyone else just as in the quizes no matter how srap the Prize is there Desperate to Win.

It a bit of fun. Nothing deep and meaningful. Fun.🤣

• Like 6

If you say to a child "Lets go for a walk", they will probably say Boring...".

Say to a little one "Lets go on a duck hunt"  then that is different.😂

Lots of these events creeping in over here, possibly from across the pond.  Went to a Baby (sex) Reveal party the other day, thats a new one, and  I admit a bit odd, but like the ducks... just a bit of fun.

• Like 2

OK,  i am obviously in the minority.  I find the whole concept for adults pathetic, but whatever floats your boat as others have said.  Plastic ducks are not good for the planet, but as long as you keep them in your bathtub, I suppose it doesn't matter.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK,  i am obviously in the minority.  I find the whole concept for adults pathetic, but whatever floats your boat as others have said.  Plastic ducks are not good for the planet, but as long as you keep them in your bathtub, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Agree 100%.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Just proves there are some miserable people go on cruises. Bah humbug. It isn't hurting anyone and if it provides fun for some them so be it. 

Is that not what the Children's Clubs do hide things around the ship to see how many they can find.?

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Plastic ducks are not good for the planet, but as long as you keep them in your bathtub, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Agreed , if they get into the sea they could do some damage being made of plastic.

I was told plastic straws are now killing our dolphins but to be fair they have been

breaking camels backs for years 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Agreed , if they get into the sea they could do some damage being made of plastic.

I was told plastic straws are now killing our dolphins but to be fair they have been

My two pence worth is that I have no problem with the concept (especially on the family ships) but I do wish people wouldn’t use plastic ones…..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

How about all the plastic boats floating around your harbour burning vast amounts of fuel...good for the planet?. Your right..plastic ducks don't matter. I quite enjoy seeing all the happy little kids on their cruise and Wallace and Gromit were fun as well.

Pathetic of Woking.🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Most places now use paper straws,or no straws at all. We are learning that things we did years ago aren't really acceptable now. If we are that worried about plastic ducks why do we fly away on holiday and go on cruises?.🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

My two pence worth is that I have no problem with the concept (especially on the family ships) but I do wish people wouldn’t use plastic ones…..

I have spent my whole life messing about in, or under the oceans. I have never seen a plastic duck. What I have seen is discarded fishing nets and bits of rope, plastic cups and bottles, never a duck. I am sure somewhere in the world there have been escapees, but I bet if a happy little kid finds a duck on their cruise, they will cherish it, not chuck it in the sea.

15 hours ago, Camberley said:

I find the whole concept for adults pathetic

I've just come back from a 14 night cruise around Norway on Sky Princess. Clearly a mixed bunch of passengers and, judging by the noise some times, the majority appeared to have originated from a large lump of land about 5500 miles west of the UK!

I don't really understand their logic regarding plastic ducks but, more than ducks, they seemed to spend considerable money and time decorating there cabin doors with really weird stuff!

Still it didn't interfere with the cruise which was excellent and 100% better than recent cruises on P&O in virtually every respect!

Someone high up in P&O needs to try out a Princess cruise and see, first hand, what they are doing over and above P&O.

• Like 2

A pub near us has a duck race every year. £1 a duck for charity. The river is tidal so for weeks you could see the ducks going up and down trying to escape to the sea. A few years ago they became environmentally friendly. So now after the finishing line you have a row of people with nets catching the ducks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pine Man said:

I've just come back from a 14 night cruise around Norway on Sky Princess. Clearly a mixed bunch of passengers and, judging by the noise some times, the majority appeared to have originated from a large lump of land about 5500 miles west of the UK!

I don't really understand their logic regarding plastic ducks but, more than ducks, they seemed to spend considerable money and time decorating there cabin doors with really weird stuff!

Still it didn't interfere with the cruise which was excellent and 100% better than recent cruises on P&O in virtually every respect!

Someone high up in P&O needs to try out a Princess cruise and see, first hand, what they are doing over and above P&O.

Yes being noisy and decorating the cabin with junk is 100% better than P&O. No 1000% much better.

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

How about all the plastic boats floating around your harbour burning vast amounts of fuel...good for the planet?. Your right..plastic ducks don't matter. I quite enjoy seeing all the happy little kids on their cruise and Wallace and Gromit were fun as well.

Pathetic of Woking.🤣

But these are not kids on Aurora and Arcadia.  They are supposedly adults!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

You do know that growing up is optional don't you?

Growing older is compulsory, growing up isn't. In fact it's a trap! And adulting is boring. 

In other word lighten up and let others be.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

45 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Saga don't have ducks. Seems they have a few very sensible folk. Seems no Arcadia, or Aurora for me. When I grow up I may give them a try..but probably not.🦤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Saga don't have ducks. Seems they have a few very sensible folk. Seems no Arcadia, or Aurora for me. When I grow up I may give them a try..but probably not.🦤

If it helps ,I did see on E-bay  plastic seagulls for sale which could easily be 

hidden on a cruise ship ? 🤔 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

If it helps ,I did see on E-bay  plastic seagulls for sale which could easily be 

hidden on a cruise ship ? 🤔 

We have a range of sea creatures on our bedroom windowsill.  Seagulls, crabs, turtles etc. There they are and there they will stay. If I find a duck it can come home and live in the bathroom with the others. I will not be hiding anything for the kids to find.🤣

• Haha 4