Celebrity App Required for Everyone?

PlowAV8Tor

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready to sail in a few weeks (Beyond), and reading about how all cruisers are expected to have the Celebrity app downloaded. That's fine, but does each family member need their own account to use the app? Curious if the parents on here are just giving their kids (I've got two teens) their own (parent) login info on their respective phones, or signing them up with their own profiles. Thanks for reading!

Doesnt answer all of your question.  DH does not carry his phone about 80% of the time at home, let alone travel.   For us, we use my phone. So IMO, not everyone has to have a phone.   They are promoting keep in touch with family via the app. You can link the teens. They do not need to have access to charging anything to your own account/portfolio.  That you can control.    Have a great cruise

The App is NOT required but can be convenient and is good for looking at menus, activities, Checking In and other features.   

Many people do not use smart phones and have just as enjoyable of a vacation. 

Personally I'm addicted to my Phone / Camera and wouldn't leave home without out it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, PlowAV8Tor said:

but does each family member need their own account to use the app?

To use the app, it must be installed on a smart device, phone or tablet.  Everyone does not have to use the app. 

We both have it installed on our iPhones but my DW's phone almost never leaves the cabin.  We use mine to look up things.  3/4 of the time I show our boarding passes on my phone for the cruise, the other 1/4 we use the printed copies we always have with us. 

5 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Both my husband and I have the app on each of our i-phones.  But my phone generally stays in the stateroom.  He carries his phone in a pocket and we check the X app several times a day while on the ship. So handy to check menus.

Once onboard phones stay locked in safe.

Have never used the app on the ship to do anything.

Never check menus - we like the surprise each night 

Always check in with paper copies of boarding passes.

14 years ago I would wonder why would want a smart phone , now even retired I wonder how would I live without it 

it is my camera, my photo album, 90% of my wallet, my computer, my book library, my music collection and my phone 

I just wish our government would make it possible to place our driver license, health card on phone 

even without a wifi package we always have our phones with us 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Torfamm said:

It makes more sense for teens to have their own login than to share yours when they use the app. 

This. 

They can access the app and use the native messaging (not great) for free. The messaging requires a separate login.

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

14 years ago I would wonder why would want a smart phone , now even retired I wonder how would I live without it 

it is my camera, my photo album, 90% of my wallet, my computer, my book library, my music collection and my phone 

I just wish our government would make it possible to place our driver license, health card on phone 

Florida has a state App for a drivers license. If I forget my wallet no big deal. I have turned around and went home for my phone when forgotten even if I have my wallet. I don’t understand the resistance to having it on a cruise. I can stay disconnected with my phone in my pocket. I don’t know why it’s still called a phone. It’s the least of the used functions.

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Your wish may be coming.   

Currently 11 States have an Optional  Digital Drivers License.   There are also 29 major U.S. airport that are currently accepting them for security clearance.

Our health care provider, Kaiser, accepts our digital health cards.  

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

🤣 good one ! 
I probably get more texts and emails than phone calls now 

I probably talk via text to my kids than by voice.   It is so much easier when you have a quick question and they can answer when available instead of bothering them at work.  It is however nice to chat with them in person and on the phone when possible.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That has stopped. Now it's solar panels.

i can't say s I stopped taking their calls. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Only calls I get are one that want to lend me money ,I ask for $10 million  but they don’t want to send the money to my Panama bank account 🤣

Just so you know, they will not transfer it to a bit coin account or to my bank in the Cayman Islands either, and I was only asking for 7 million. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Haha 1