Anniversary On Board

dmcfad2

2 minutes ago, MTNest93 said:

@Cruise Raider Oh no!  Sounds like you had a good laugh over it (I hope).  Glad they made it up to you!!  I did mention our disappointment in the post cruise survey but I'm not expecting anything on our next cruise (Feb 2025).  

Yes, I can laugh over it now, 7 years later and where they’ve totally made up for it without us ever mentioning our disappointment to those that spoiled us rotten a few years later. 
Since the staff can now see special dates on their order screens and capacity was so limited, we are not expecting them to really go out of their way like that ever again.  
We certainly took advantage of those cruises, perks and pricing since the pandemic.  I knew we were lucky and the time and that couldn’t go on forever .. we were right! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Gosh, until now, I didn't realize overhearing someone singing happy birthday was supposed to be such a negative experience.  

Table of 8 all sing loudly with 6 waiters chiming in. I guess we just stop our conversation several times a meal

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Table of 8 all sing loudly with 6 waiters chiming in. I guess we just stop our conversation several times a meal

That must be just awful for you.  I think you should make a birthday song complaint to the CEO and threaten to stop cruising Princess.  

We on the other hand would have some fun joining in followed with hand clapping.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ldubs said:

That must be just awful for you.  I think you should make a birthday song complaint to the CEO and threaten to stop cruising Princess.  

We on the other hand would have some fun joining in followed with hand clapping.   

When I am drinking a high end bottle of Pinot, eating a steak the last thing I need is a lot of noise or tons of perfume around me. In the case of Royal class ships add the fact that some food venues are open to the piazza with a deafening amount of noise the singing gets louder and louder to compete and one cannot hear oneself think. I come on a rise to relax not to be assaulted by noise

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

When I am drinking a high end bottle of Pinot, eating a steak the last thing I need is a lot of noise or tons of perfume around me. In the case of Royal class ships add the fact that some food venues are open to the piazza with a deafening amount of noise the singing gets louder and louder to compete and one cannot hear oneself think. I come on a rise to relax not to be assaulted by noise

And it happens several times a meal.  That must be so unpleasant for you.  Finding a more sedate cruise line would be appropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don’t like attention for special occasions so we never say anything, but we will happily clap for those nearby celebrating during our meal. I don’t see the problem with this at all. For many people the cruise is taken to celebrate a special milestone, it could be a once in a lifetime, or even once a year event for them and a very special time. Good for them, I say. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

We were on our 1st cruise this time last year celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.  Our TA included that info in our cruise planner and I had confirmed it was in there before we sailed.  We received zero acknowledgement, nothing, zippo, zilch.  We didn't necessarily want people singing to us at dinner or anything but a little message on the screen by our door, perhaps a note or a towel animal in our cabin would have been nice.  We had a great cruise and loved our time onboard, but to be honest, I'm still a bit salty over it.  My recommendation would be to not only make sure it's in your cruise planner, but also drop hints to your room attendant, the bartender, or your wait staff if you want to make sure you are acknowledged. 

Congratulations on your first cruise for your 30th anniversary. Our first cruise was on our 25th anniversary way back in 2002. We had our last anniversary, #46 on a cruise last summer, and IMHO our best cruise was for our 30th anniversary, a Baltic cruise on the Star Princess.

• Like 2

We were eating in the Crown Grill on our 'anniversary' and we really wanted something special, like a little cake. But we didn't get anything, which was a little disappointing. We didn't let our waiter know but I thought they would see it on our file.

However, our steward wished us happy anniversary and I loved that the screens knew it was when we walked by! 

2 hours ago, spethstation said:

We were eating in the Crown Grill on our 'anniversary' and we really wanted something special, like a little cake. But we didn't get anything, which was a little disappointing. We didn't let our waiter know but I thought they would see it on our file.

However, our steward wished us happy anniversary and I loved that the screens knew it was when we walked by! 

I would not be surprised if they had concerns about generating complaints if they do something without being specifically asked.   

• Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 9:58 AM, Cruise Raider said:

Now that I think about it, I probably am being a big hypocrite in what I said.  I can’t stand it when people wear really strong perfumes and colognes, even though it must make them happy.  
I kind of rolled my eyes over the ‘assault’ comment but now I take that back as I feel like I am assaulted when someone’s strong scent triggers a breathing issue and instant headache for me.  I imagine some people enjoy a nice quiet dining experience, as well.  So, again, my apologies for even mentioning anything about what may annoy others.  I get it!  

I truly despise strong perfumes and colognes. Like you, I get an instant headache. It always amazes me when someone sitting 5 or 6 seats away from me is choking me with their fumes. One should never have to walk through a miasma of scent because someone else walked through that area 10 seconds earlier.  If scent is to be used at all it should be subtle. It shouldn't smell like someone poured a bottle of it over themselves. It's especially egregious when the "scent" smells more like Raid Ant and Roach Killer or some other horrid chemical smell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2024 at 8:24 PM, memoak said:

We make sure we don’t tell anyone. Do not want a bunch of waiters singing to us in the MDR. Same with birthdays.  We have both coming up on a July/August cruise 

My wife told me if I ever did that to her on a cruise she would get me back big time

15 hours ago, mrell345 said:

My wife told me if I ever did that to her on a cruise she would get me back big time

Funny thing is, that is exactly what I said to my wife.