Hotels near Vancouver cruise terminal

I agree that the Pan Pacific is the very best for the day before a cruise.  But can be pretty pricey during the Alaskan Season.  There are many other places to stay.  I've stayed at:

Pan Pacific

Sheraton Wall

Best Western (a fair distance away).

Marriott by Stanley Park

Fairmont

You really do have to do your research.  Prices will vary by location and convenience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pan Pacific is in the terminal. They will transfer your luggage for you and you never have to leave the building. It's bit more expensive then hotel a bit further away but factor in transportation and convenience. It's also only a $6 fare PP from the airport via the sky train.

• Host Kat changed the title to Hotels near Vancouver cruise terminal

Stayed at the Coast Coal Harbor hotel and liked it very much. We're staying there again in August. We took a cab with my parents a few years ago, but we'll probably walk this time. It's a few blocks to Canada Place.

• Thanks 1

Pan Pacific convenience factor is sky high, especially if you have mobility issues. But the price is extreme. We did it for a "once in a lifetime" trip with my in-laws and they were both in scooters. We used the sky train on the way and worked ok with scooters. It was raining at the endpoint and I recall some cobble roads and inclines that were tough. It was fine if there was someone to push the scooter, but if they had been by themselves, they would have needed good weather conditions and would probably recommend a van taxi per scooter.

• Thanks 1

We should stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront which is across the street from Canada Place cruise terminal. It was not cheap, but part of my cruise budget is to splurge on a hotel. They provided baggage service from your room to the cruise ship much like the Pan Pacific. 

• Like 1

Well, we love Vancouver, and we do not mind a 10-15 minute walk to/from the port (even with luggage). We found L'Hermitage to be great, and have stayed there twice. Yes, it's spendy... but we had a beautiful, well equipped unit (kitchen, living room, king bed, bath) for three nights. Walkable to everywhere, and only a few blocks to SkyTrain to/from YVR. It's not waterfront, but this view at night...

20240512_214950.jpg

20240512_173004.jpg

• Like 1

If you want to be at the Port then as mentioned Pan Pacific is right there and as mentioned across the way is the Fairmont.

If you go to Trip Advisor you will find another handful of hotels within a mile of the port.

Keith

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downton and do NOT stay there.  The hotel itself is nice - lots of cruise passengers there.  But its in the area of Downtown where there are a lot of drug addicts sleeping on the streets - they were not threatening or insulting but thee were lots - dozens and dozens.  We did not know about the drug problems in Vancouver before we set off - nor about the same in Seattle - so were shocked at what we saw. (I used to live 30 miles from Vancouver 30 years ago so this was a huge shock to me.) 

I'm sure you want to start your holiday without the sights we saw and said that had we have known, we have stayed at the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that pocket on the south end of Granville Street can feel pretty sketchy due to a combination of factors.  Among other things, there was an overdose prevention site a block east off Granville that concentrated some problems.  The lease for that location wasn't renewed in 2023 and ended early this year after residents complained about the lack of ownership of some of the side issues the site was generating.  It moved but only a few blocks away.  

I feel safe enough when I occasionally walk through the area but yes, it can definitely feel a bit sketchy.  

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront. Not cheap, but it's a great hotel and awesome way to kick off the vacation. They brought our luggage over to Canada Place for us which made getting to the ship so easy. 

Location is easy to get to, lots of places to eat, shop and sightsee close by.

On 7/13/2024 at 12:09 PM, tinks29 said:

They brought our luggage over to Canada Place for us which made getting to the ship so easy. 

Nice to know a second hotel that does that in addition to Pan Pacific. Not sure if it's any cheaper, but thanks for next time, I can price them both.

RE:  Pan Pacific and Fairmont hotels, we take only carry on luggage and always keep it with us.  Mobile but not wanting to walk a long way.  Can you taxi to the Port? or is it a short walk with rolling suitcases?  Canada Place sounds like a different cruise terminal than the 10 others we have been through.  Just trying to get some idea what it is like there.

The Pan Pacific (level 2 and up) is basically above the cruise port/terminal (parking level 1).  Both make up part of the Canada Place complex (which also includes the convention centre halls and Port Authority offices on level 1, Flyover Canada attraction, etc).  Lately, I've seen signs directing cruise pax to walk on level 1, passing by the convention halls, to the north end of Canada Place to take escalators(?) down to the terminal level.  

The Fairmont Waterfront is literally across the street from Canada Place.  

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is one block west of the Fairmont Waterfront and an easy, slight uphill walk to Canada Place/the port/terminal.

Taxi not required for these hotels.  

The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is about five blocks south of the port/terminal.  I think taking a taxi from the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to the terminal would be fine if preferred/needed/in a pinch.  But if you are mobile and the weather is ok, it is a pretty straight forward walk (either along Burrard Street which is generally busier but has slightly wider sidewalks or along Hornby Street which generally quieter, has slightly narrower sidewalks, and pass through an urban greenspace) to Canada Place.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would just caution to everyone researching hotels in Vancouver, to maybe check if there are any labour issues occuring at any hotels you may be considering.  

This is kind of anecdotal based on my local news feeds but I'm seeing a few hotels in downtown Vancouver and Richmond that seem to have some ongoing labour issues with varying degrees of job action that may or may not disrupt your stay; it's just a risk to consider.

Here are a few articles:

Hyatt Regency / Pinnacle Harbourfront / Westin Bayshore July 16 article:  https://www.biv.com/news/hospitality-marketing-tourism/workers-picket-hyatt-regency-vancouver-in-one-day-strike-more-action-possible-9227441

Residence Inn Downtown July 30 article:  https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/07/30/downtown-vancouver-hotel-marriot-strike/

Sheraton Hotel Richmond/Airport (and Hilton and Marriott in the same complex) June 14 article: https://www.richmond-news.com/local-business/richmond-hotel-workers-to-mark-one-year-on-strike-9086245

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Milhouse said:

I would just caution to everyone researching hotels in Vancouver, to maybe check if there are any labour issues occuring at any hotels you may be considering.  

This is kind of anecdotal based on my local news feeds but I'm seeing a few hotels in downtown Vancouver and Richmond that seem to have some ongoing labour issues with varying degrees of job action that may or may not disrupt your stay; it's just a risk to consider.

Here are a few articles:

Hyatt Regency / Pinnacle Harbourfront / Westin Bayshore July 16 article:  https://www.biv.com/news/hospitality-marketing-tourism/workers-picket-hyatt-regency-vancouver-in-one-day-strike-more-action-possible-9227441

Residence Inn Downtown July 30 article:  https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/07/30/downtown-vancouver-hotel-marriot-strike/

Sheraton Hotel Richmond/Airport (and Hilton and Marriott in the same complex) June 14 article: https://www.richmond-news.com/local-business/richmond-hotel-workers-to-mark-one-year-on-strike-9086245

Thank you for sharing this information! 

We have the Pan Pacific booked for one night before our cruise this September. Have you heard any rumblings of labour issues at that property by any chance?

I know things can change on a dime but was curious if the Pan Pacific is typically a safe bet! 

22 hours ago, BeachTunes said:

We have the Pan Pacific booked for one night before our cruise this September. Have you heard any rumblings of labour issues at that property by any chance?

No issues currently that I know of.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, miked0035 said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver??

I stayed there several years ago.  Great hotel and walking distance to Canada Place.  

On 8/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, tourismtessy said:

I stayed there several years ago.  Great hotel and walking distance to Canada Place.  

I just read an article about worker strikes at several of the Vancouver hotels.  Luckily, ours was not mentioned (St Regis).  Check before booking.