Sun Princess - Park 19, has anyone actually complained??

dbowe5

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I was one of those people in the Sanctuary when they were testing it.  It was just a humming sound as it came around the corner.  Didn't really know what it was until I looked up.  It was just the cart that goes on the track for now.  Only one cart had the apparatus hanging from it, and no person was on it.  

And it didn't seem like the testing was going very well.  A lot of the carts couldn't make it all the way around.  I stopped paying attention so don't know how it ended.  And it was only the one day.

Interesting though that they took any mention of Park 19 off the Sun's deck plans on the Princess website. 

Sounds like a repeat of Disneyland's Rocket Rods. 

On 7/3/2024 at 11:51 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I was one of those people in the Sanctuary when they were testing it.  It was just a humming sound as it came around the corner.  Didn't really know what it was until I looked up.  It was just the cart that goes on the track for now.  Only one cart had the apparatus hanging from it, and no person was on it.  

And it didn't seem like the testing was going very well.  A lot of the carts couldn't make it all the way around.  I stopped paying attention so don't know how it ended.  And it was only the one day.

Interesting though that they took any mention of Park 19 off the Sun's deck plans on the Princess website. 

Park 19 info is right at the website..  on the Sun page... Not sure why people keep saying it's not there.  

See screenshot..

Screenshot 2024-07-05 130335.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Park 19 info is right at the website..  on the Sun page... Not sure why people keep saying it's not there.  

See screenshot..

Screenshot 2024-07-05 130335.png

I swear to you, I do not have that page.  What is the exact navigation to get there.  That page looks familiar and I have seen it before but I do not now.  I went to Onboard Our Ships -> Sun Princess -> All Onboard Activities and nothing.

2 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I swear to you, I do not have that page.  What is the exact navigation to get there.  That page looks familiar and I have seen it before but I do not now.  I went to Onboard Our Ships -> Sun Princess -> All Onboard Activities and nothing.

flush cache and try again.

8 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Its gone for me too. No sign of it

11 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

It was there in the past.

And it is still there on the Princess Germany website:

Park19.thumb.png.8bc0957e6564153729bb64ca4098d011.png

And this is what the far aft deck 19 plan looks like on the US site!

image.png.aa4abe63e97529b3fc6ad13cd1c66c50.png

41 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I think reedprincess should try that too. 

yep it was aimed at both. One probably is getting old page from cache.

23 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

It was there in the past.

And it is still there on the Princess Germany website:

Park19.thumb.png.8bc0957e6564153729bb64ca4098d011.png

The track was still there on deck 20 on the deck plans on both pre October and post October versions this morning. on the Princess US web site this morning.

1 minute ago, TRLD said:

The track was still there on deck 20 on the deck plans on both pre October and post October versions this morning. on the Princess US web site this morning.

Yep, I saw it. But the text "Park 19" is missing.

On german website the "Park 19" text ist on deck 19 and 20. 

So.....missing on SUN, nets/basketball/tennis/pickleball/ or golf putting/cornhole etc.,

Is the fact these are FREE things to do outside!

This is a major draw for us, as well as families.

Not everyone is Pool person.

I never gave it a second thought when I booked Sun for next year, that it would be

Missing all these activites on purpose?

A Princess ship going out of its way NOT to have activities like on other ships... FREE things...

We spend plenty indoors.  This is a Fail in my book.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We're due to sail on Sun Princess 3 August with two kids. We've been anxiously awaiting updates on the opening of Park 19 as it was a key reason for booking this (our first) cruise but the silence from Princess has been deafening. We know from experience that when on holiday Happy kids = happy parents!

I called customer services today on another topic but asked about Park 19. The gentleman spoke to his supervisor and came back to say that it would be available for our voyage. I wasn't convinced so went on a webchat and received confirmation that "park 19 is expected to be fully operational by our cruise date" I elaborated on the splash pad and rolled glider and was assured that they were expected to be ready for all August vogages. Good news at last?Fingers crossed 🤞 

Edited by PuffinCruiser
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PuffinCruiser said:

We're due to sail on Sun Princess 3 August with two kids. We've been anxiously awaiting updates on the opening of Park 19 as it was a key reason for booking this (our first) cruise but the silence from Princess has been deafening. We know from experience that when on holiday Happy kids = happy parents!

I called customer services today on another topic but asked about Park 19. The gentleman spoke to his supervisor and came back to say that it would be available for our voyage. I wasn't convinced so went on a webchat and received confirmation that "park 19 is expected to be fully operational by our cruise date" I elaborated on the splash pad and rolled glider and was assured that they were expected to be ready for all August vogages. Good news at last?Fingers crossed 🤞 

Amazing as staff on board have told us that its waiting final checks in October state side

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2024 at 1:37 AM, LittleTinker said:

You dont always get fined. Sometimes the headmaster will approve the trip.
Plus.... many parents are happy to pay it because its still cheaper to take kids on holiday out of school....and less crowded.

You get FINED???? Outrageous!

Posted (edited)

Something tells me that the word from ship is more accurate than what is being said when one contacts Princess.   Sadly, Princess has not been truthful and upfront about many aspects of the roll-out of this ship.

It is another nail in the coffin if Princess, both, cancels any open adult-only area, and also has no kids area onboard.   The first sailing in October is doing many, if not most, schools Fall Break.  Princess is now also refusing to disclose information about how many kids are booked onboard.  And, I suspect it will be a LOT.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Something tells me that the word from ship is more accurate than what is being said when one contacts Princess.   Sadly, Princess has not been truthful and upfront about many aspects of the roll-out of this ship.

It is another nail in the coffin if Princess, both, cancels any open adult-only area, and also has no kids area onboard.   The first sailing in October is doing many, if not most, schools Fall Break.  Princess is now also refusing to disclose information about how many kids are booked onboard.  And, I suspect it will be a LOT.

Do they usually do a PSA about how many kids are booked in advance of a trip? Asking for a friend///

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Do they usually do a PSA about how many kids are booked in advance of a trip? Asking for a friend///

maybe your TA could find that out for you? 😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They will sometimes let you know how many kids are on the ship in the same age group as someone traveling in your group.  So you know in advance roughly how many kids they could socialize with.

Funny story:  Years ago I called the Princess helpline asking how many kids were going to be on my sailing on the Tahitian Princess.  They were very taken aback because I am a man and I was NOT traveling with any kids in my party.  They were very concerned about why I was asking.  Suddenly I realized why!!  But I was only asking because that ship doesn't have any kids club of any kind and it's a small ship so I was wondering how many kids would be running around the ship!!  Totally innocent.  She didn't think it was too funny!!  🤪

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Haha 1