Will the next class of ship have the IVs as the standard room?  We highly prefer a standard balcony.  We have booked our next cruise on Princess due to this Celebrity shortcoming.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 2:26 PM, NMTraveller said:

Will the next class of ship have the IVs as the standard room?  We highly prefer a standard balcony.  We have booked our next cruise on Princess due to this Celebrity shortcoming.

Booked our next three cruises with HAL so we could have real balconies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

All of our ships, including the Edge Series, have standard balconies, and we can have someone contact you to help you find the right stateroom for you for your next voyage.  The infinite veranda category is truly loved by some and not enjoyed by others. Given that our guests have a range of stateroom preferences we will have infinite verandas on our next class of ships--we just will not have as many. It will be essential for us to get to the right mix to meet everyone’s preferences, and we will do that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

All of our ships, including the Edge Series, have standard balconies, and we can have someone contact you to help you find the right stateroom for you for your next voyage.  The infinite veranda category is truly loved by some and not enjoyed by others. Given that our guests have a range of stateroom preferences we will have infinite verandas on our next class of ships--we just will not have as many. It will be essential for us to get to the right mix to meet everyone’s preferences, and we will do that. 

We love the IVs!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

"All of our ships, including the Edge Series, have standard balconies, and we can have someone contact you to help you find the right stateroom for you for your next voyage..."

It should not be so difficult to identify "proper balcony " cabins, that it should need "somebody contact you" (good luck with THAT one, anyway).

I know there are a few of those cabins ("sunset verandah "?) at the very back, but other than those??

• Like 3

4 hours ago, buchhalm said:

It should not be so difficult to identify "proper balcony " cabins, that it should need "somebody contact you" (good luck with THAT one, anyway).

I know there are a few of those cabins ("sunset verandah "?) at the very back, but other than those??

The porthole cabins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm guessing that the IVs are cheaper to build / maintain than "traditional" verandas.  Thus, as long as people keep booking them, X will keep building them. 

On 7/23/2024 at 2:34 AM, buchhalm said:

Exactly!!!  On our first E cruise, I had no idea what I was booking, thinking a veranda was a BALCONY.  And when I contacted Celebrity, was not told there were other options.  Mmmm 

Now after cruising in IVs, twice am done!!  which is too bad as the ships themselves are wonderful.  

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 7:49 AM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

The "Real" balconies are either in the Front or Rear of the E class ships. How about some in the Mid Ship area? you could do one Complete Deck in "Real" balconies????

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Exactly!!!  On our first E cruise, I had no idea what I was booking, thinking a veranda was a BALCONY.  And when I contacted Celebrity, was not told there were other options.  Mmmm 

Now after cruising in IVs, twice am done!!  which is too bad as the ships themselves are wonderful.  

While they should have advised you of other options, it's not their fault you didn't do your homework. Unless you were on the first sailing of Edge, there were plenty of pictures and videos out there. Even though I have a travel agent I use and trust, I'll look to see if there are videos or pictures of cabins I'm looking at before I make a decision. Especially for something that costs as much as a cruise.

And you went a second cruise in one? That is 100% on you for not investigating other options.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

While they should have advised you of other options, it's not their fault you didn't do your homework. Unless you were on the first sailing of Edge, there were plenty of pictures and videos out there. Even though I have a travel agent I use and trust, I'll look to see if there are videos or pictures of cabins I'm looking at before I make a decision. Especially for something that costs as much as a cruise.

And you went a second cruise in one? That is 100% on you for not investigating other options.

Calm down.   

A bit harsh huh?  

• Like 5

On 7/23/2024 at 4:28 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The porthole cabins 

The porthole cabins only count for about 75% of a balcony as they are obscured and located at the front and back.  I want a full view and not an obscured view.  I would not settle for one of these as I would not settle for a IV.  I also prefer midship.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I do not think that they could have someone contact me and find a cabin for my next voyage as their choices on E class for a real balcony are either a suite,  SV,  or porthole.  As I have stated above a porthole ranks below a real balcony.  A SV would be OK,  but it is more money and located at the rear.  And the suites are a bunch more $$.  I would sail a luxury line before I would sail in a suite ...

Celebrity needs some real balconies in the middle of the ship.  I have no desire to compromise in order to sail E class again.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The porthole cabins only count for about 75% of a balcony as they are obscured and located at the front and back.  I want a full view and not an obscured view.  I would not settle for one of these as I would not settle for a IV.  I also prefer midship.

I was just answering a question “beside aft cabins , which cabins have balconies “

our travel agent has booking for 2 Transatlantic cruise in the fall of 2025 , one on the Ascent, and on the Equinox, Ascent a new ship is $10 a day more in a balcony category compared to the Equinox old ship 

We pick the old ship 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We pick the old ship 😉

We do also when it is available.  However with 5 E class ships this is becoming difficult and impossible in some cases.  On my next Princess cruise,  there were zero Celebrity non E class ships that did the itinerary.  So I chose a different line with the IV being the reason.

• Like 3

We did one IV on the Edge and were very disappointed.  We sailed twice in a SV on Beyond which was wonderful.  However, it was significantly more expensive than an IV and we had to book two years out to ensure we could get one. I really hated the fact that we spent more than we would have for a Concierge cabin yet only got 3 points per night. We are returning to the S class for our next 4 sailings.

• Like 2