Ascent, Constellation, or Equinox ?

My wife and I are planning a two-week Transatlantic cruise for next Spring from Florida to Europe.  We have spotted three different cruises on Celebrity that catch our eye.  We have sailed on almost 50 cruises with a half dozen different cruise lines, but our only experience with Celebrity is on the Edge class ships.  We love them and have sailed on all four.  We might like to try one of Celebrity's other ships, though, and would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations on the Ascent, Constellation, and Equinox.

Tell us what you love about Edge. Depending on your answer, the recommendation could be to stick with what you know.

I loved Edge class too for the first 2-3 cruises, but more recently I've gotten annoyed with the lack of Sky Lounge, and the logistics for handling main dining room. So were doing S class for the next one.

Connie is a fine ship, but lacks the variety of E, or even S class. Still I'd book it if the cruise was right.

The Connie is older and smaller ship than the E or S class.  We have done some great cruises on her but they were port intensive cruises.  

What we dislike most about the M class ships is lack of dining options, particularly specialty dining.  We would not book a M Class ship with a lot of port days.

Have sailed on all three.  They all offer a lovely cruising experience but I would tire of spending two weeks on Connie.  She's too small for that length of time and I fear I would run out of things to do. 

Equinox is also a lovely ship and has the elegance of what one would expect on S class but it's not fussy.  There's enough variety to stay occupied...especially if you love a really nice library! 

Ascent is my favorite E class ship because I think they perfected some of the aspects of the earlier models but added in some of my faves from S class...like the World Class bar.  Ascent is more lively and has a lot to offer for a 2 week period...no library, though...which is a fail in my view.

The Celebrity service will be consistent on all three so I think it comes down to what you look for in a ship experience for your desired length of time as well as ports of call.  Personally, I would lean more toward Equinox if I plan to be off the ship a great deal...like in a port intensive itin and more toward Ascent if the cruise is more about staying on the ship and enjoying all the amenities...and I'd bring my own compliment of books to enjoy.

First I would consider the itinerary.  If all appeared somewhat equal, I would strongly consider either the Ascent or Equinox.  The Ascent is a lovely ship and the shows are just fantastic.  A nice layout as well except they have pickleball by the Rooftop Garden.   Plus the lack of traditional balconies could be a consideration. The Equinox has the Sky Lounge which I miss on the E class. The shows on the Equinox are very good and  have been there since the beginning. You will also have traditional balconies on the Equinox. 

A good dilemma to have!  

I believe Equinox has recently had a dry dock visit.

I am not sure what improvements/ maintenance was completed.

I am partial to that ship , she has a wonderful crew.

The other aspect is the promenade outdoor deck which is covered , this gives us folks who wish to stroll / walk outside and take in some ocean air as well priceless views is another feature of the  S class ships that I truly appreciate.

The edge class has a walking / jogging track on the top decks , I just don’t feel it is as enjoyable.

Have a great cruise whichever you decide. 👍

• Like 1

I did 12 nights on Connie in Feb, I wouldn't do it again. Personally I think you should go with one of the other options.

19 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

If Sue is the cruise director then definitely do Connie - she will keep you entertained the whole cruise. 

Sue is no longer cruise director, she stepped down in June to move on to another role

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I did 12 nights on Connie in Feb, I wouldn't do it again. Personally I think you should go with one of the other options.

Sue is no longer cruise director, she stepped down in June to move on to another role

That is good thing 

• Haha 1

Ascent for sure.

Cruised on Equinox and Ascent in the last year and Ascent  was far superior re: decor, entertainment, food taste and presentation and staff were more experienced and polished.

It’s subjective, but personally I wouldn’t go on anything  other than Edge class moving forward.

Equinox was just tired in contrast. 

Have fun whichever cruise you choose.

Done all 3 ships and because it’s a transatlantic cruise would definitely choose Ascent as much more to do and just love the fact you can rotate main dining rooms and better choice of specialty offerings as well. 

Of course would not mind the other two but E class ships have become our favorites. 
Thanks 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

Thank you all for your comments.  Based on your input and after spending some more time studying the deck plans and other info on these three ships, we have decided to go with the Ascent.  We really enjoy the design and flow of the Edge ships.  We might like the ships even more if more of the rooms had actual balconies, but the Infinite Veranda staterooms work just fine for us. 

• Like 2

great choice..We really liked ASCENT..

other than the very party atmosphere and  daytime.sports inside...fewer places for peace & quiet but we found them!