Royal Beach Club Nassau

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But this entire topic is about Nassau, so I didn't want people to confuse Coco Cay in that article with Nassau.

Yes, this thread is about Nassau and most of the comments are regarding if will require a fee.  The answer is clearly yes, based on past posts and now today's webinar regarding the Cozumel one.  They cannot use the Coco Cay model purely based on the size of the new Nassau one being built. I cannot even accomodate half of the passenger of an Oasis class, let alone passengers from multiple Royal ships.  And just like the comment in todays webinar regarding Cozumel, the statment that says 'it's not like Coco Cay, and it's not meant for every single passenger, but an optional choice we looking at paid excursions'.  That will most certainly be the same business model for Nassau as well.  So that answers the question for people in this thread wondering if even going to the new Beach Club in Nassau will invovle a fee.  In earlier reports about Nassau, it was mentioned during different webinars and 'talks' that the drink package would not work.  But will the fee include food and loungers?  Probably, (although with Jason Liberty, who knows). Based on the way they seem to do things lately, you can pretty much bet most other things will have a price tag attached to them. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2024 at 12:21 PM, cruiseaholic777 said:

Does anyone know the exact date of the opening of the Royal Beach club? I have heard April of 2025, but no exact day. We  are on a cruise April 10th 2025 and would like to visit the resort if it is open. If not I will book a daypass at Breeze's Resort.

It’s construction in the Bahamas. It’ll be done on Ísland time.  

Seriously. I lived on St Thomas working for a mainland company.  They never understood the delays and missed deadlines.  “No one bribed the customs house so the product is stuck in customs”.  Silence on conference calls.   Sorry was I supposed to phrase that politically correctly?  😂

At this point no one, not Royal, not Nassau, not the government, nor the contractors know the guesstimated completion date.  

21 hours ago, karena1 said:

Guess time will tell.  We won't pay to go, so will probably never see it, but we don't pay for anything at CocoCay either as we are totally happy with all the free stuff out there and have no need to pay for anything extra.  I am sure lots of people will love the new club at Nassau regardless of what it costs to get in.  

I totally agree including on not paying for anything extra on Coco Cay.

• Like 1

We are keeping an open mind.  The 2 closest beaches before Junkanoo are next to Senior Frogs and the British Colonial Hotel.

Those are $66 pp that gives you an umbrella and chairs (first come) and the right to use their harbor beach.

No food.

At $66 pp we are walking to Junkanoo for free. $10-$15 two chars (not longer) by the water for several hours is fine for us,

I am glad for all people who won’t be afraid of Nassau anymore though. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

At $66 pp we are walking to Junkanoo for free. $10-$15 two chars (not longer) by the water for several hours is fine for us,

I am glad for all people who won’t be afraid of Nassau anymore though. 🙂

We went to Junkanoo on our last stop after many stops considering it . One of the worst stops I have had. Walking towards beach  ( not quite there yet ) began getting aggressively hounded by 5 men all working separately trying to get our business . I am still not sure they even worked for any of the beach clubs . As I keep walking and tell them "No thx , we are good " , 1 of them ,refusing to give up starts targeting my wife , as though she is gonna let me keep going and go with him .

After we went a bit farther and got to our broken beach chairs which I swapped out we decided to grab some lunch . one of the beach staff with menus comes by and we are taking a look , while some other dude from another "snack shack" comes by and they start arguing . Clearly Turf War going on ,and then he comes and gives us his menu . I told them we would wait til later . A bit later another lady comes along seeming much friendlier and we order from her . She tells us how much and I tell her I will pay when the food comes . She says " oh of course , I wouldn't want your money til then " . Food was said to be 20 minutes , 45 mins waiting some other guy comes and gives me my bill and is waiting for me to pay him , to which I say , again , I'LL pay when the food arrives . 1 1/2 wait and our quesadilla and fries arrives , I give a nice tip and off he goes .

We open it  up and there is about 6 scraps of chicken and  a slice of processed cheese and a dozen fries .

It's not about being afraid of anything , rather being able to enjoy a day in a respectful environment where you do not expect to be ripped off .

YMMV obviously , but Iwith what I experienced i would never recommend Junkanoo to anyone

A nice beach club , (possibly Royal's) at a reasonable price or a ship day will be in order for us next go round.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 7/10/2024 at 1:58 PM, orville99 said:

Wouldn’t pay $10 to go there. IMHO, it will bomb if they go premium price given the way you need to get there and back to the ship. Junkaroo beach is free and I can walk to it.

Yes, Junkaroo Beach is free but it’s a zoo. Walk to wall people with little room to manure.  Prices for food and drinks are outrageous. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

We went to Junkanoo on our last stop after many stops considering it . One of the worst stops I have had. Walking towards beach  ( not quite there yet ) began getting aggressively hounded by 5 men all working separately trying to get our business . I am still not sure they even worked for any of the beach clubs . As I keep walking and tell them "No thx , we are good " , 1 of them ,refusing to give up starts targeting my wife , as though she is gonna let me keep going and go with him .

After we went a bit farther and got to our broken beach chairs which I swapped out we decided to grab some lunch . one of the beach staff with menus comes by and we are taking a look , while some other dude from another "snack shack" comes by and they start arguing . Clearly Turf War going on ,and then he comes and gives us his menu . I told them we would wait til later . A bit later another lady comes along seeming much friendlier and we order from her . She tells us how much and I tell her I will pay when the food comes . She says " oh of course , I wouldn't want your money til then " . Food was said to be 20 minutes , 45 mins waiting some other guy comes and gives me my bill and is waiting for me to pay him , to which I say , again , I'LL pay when the food arrives . 1 1/2 wait and our quesadilla and fries arrives , I give a nice tip and off he goes .

We open it  up and there is about 6 scraps of chicken and  a slice of processed cheese and a dozen fries .

It's not about being afraid of anything , rather being able to enjoy a day in a respectful environment where you do not expect to be ripped off .

YMMV obviously , but Iwith what I experienced i would never recommend Junkanoo to anyone

A nice beach club , (possibly Royal's) at a reasonable price or a ship day will be in order for us next go round.

Cheers

We go to Junkanoo lately on average twice a year since 2019.

Me and my husband.

Literally NOBODY hounds us. Never ever.

We used to feel a bit uncomfortable in port itself when it was old and crowded... and Nassau was different too, just like Junkanoo. Back then we usually used taxi to get to Atlantis or Cabbage beach on Paradise Island.

Not anymore.

Of course if we have less people on Junkanoo it will  be even more appreciated. 🙂

Edited by Tatka

27 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Yes, Junkaroo Beach is free but it’s a zoo. Walk to wall people with little room to manure.  Prices for food and drinks are outrageous. 

Ya .....I had no problem paying the price til I realized I had a $30 flatbread with a cheese slice inside  !  

Posted (edited)

I have to admit we do not eat at the beach.

We are either there after breakfast or after lunch for about 4-5 hours.

(We rarely eat at Coco Cay too. Maybe 1 funnel cake 🙂 )

Edited by Tatka

We like the Blue Lagoon Adults Only with lunch for $110/$120 even though the boat ride is packed and at low tide it's only waist deep.

So when available, we will try the new Royal Beach Club if it's priced at around $100 pp.

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

Maybe proofread next time?  🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've, not so far, ever had a negative experience in Nassau and that includes at Junkanoo.

I agree. I have been to Nassau roughly 75 times and always have a good time there. I have never understood all the negative comments about Nassau and the I stay on the ship comments when we are at Nassau. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree. I have been to Nassau roughly 75 times and always have a good time there. I have never understood all the negative comments about Nassau and the I stay on the ship comments when we are at Nassau. 

I always look forward to returning. I'd never just stay on the ship.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

A nice beach club

We've always done clubs there, i.e. Breezes, the Sheraton with a day passes that were reasonable and including free drinks and a light lunch, worth the $60 bucks or so.  Then there's the new Margaritaville Beach Resort: Views and Queues did a You Tube review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxQ9KyDmE8  $110 complete access to water park, beach and adult pool etc. Food is extra.  This one is steep I admit. 5 min. walk from pier. We'll see what RCCL's will be.  We road the public bus over to Breezes, no problem.  Took a taxi back to port.  We've never had a problem with safety there.

rockmom

Thank you for the details. That is what I had been thinking all along but then others add thoughts and I started to doubt myself. Kind of like a day with teens. 

16 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

I commend you , 

You must be an EXTREMELY positive minded person !

Cheers

I’m not extremely positive

.We were a bit apprehensive of Nassau before 2019. Paradise Island was our safe place for this port.

Then in November 2019 I was on my “semi working” cruise were I had to work 3 straight days with Nassau being the second port and my last working day. I worked till 3 pm, but really wanted to get some beach time, so we walked. I was a bit tired to overthink all dangers and was just walking happily that I am done. And suddenly noticed that there was literally nothing to worry about. Pretty modern downtown (now it is even cleaner). 

This is one of our walks (Thanksgiving 2023)

Starts at 1 hour and 5 minutes (I’m away from my computer to provide timed link)

Most likely scenario. It gets price around $100, includes ferry ride, drink packages/vouchers accepted, wifi packages accepted (if they can make it work), and food like snack shack/similar buffett to Cococay. Up charges for additional activities and possible options for upscale food. I still think it being paired with short cruises that go to Cococay, really makes it a harder sell. 

Primarily going to appeal to families that don't want to walk/pay for taxi with kids and want a closed environment where they know exactly what to expect. 

I see this like Chik Fil A and Disney World. People don't frequent these places because it's the best value nor best option. It's because of the consistency and service. While I know many may say Royal service is neither consistent nor good there is significantly more variation when you step outside the bubble and with kids in tow parents tend to avoid that. 

20 hours ago, mike45orlando said:

We like the Blue Lagoon Adults Only with lunch for $110/$120 even though the boat ride is packed and at low tide it's only waist deep.

So when available, we will try the new Royal Beach Club if it's priced at around $100 pp.

Was the food offered same as their buffet.