2026 Alaska itineraries

Thanks @Harboursiders for opening our eyes to this hidden piece of “future cruise” knowledge. I have to admit CC has definitely been a great asset over the years for my DW and I when it comes to learning about some of the various “tricks of the game” when it comes to booking with various cruise lines. And this little jewel is definitely one of them. 😁

1 hour ago, Harboursiders said:

A Future Cruise Booking is a booking for a future cruise made while on a cruise through the on board cruise consultant.  We made our booking in July/24 while on board the Zuiderdam.  Hope this helps. 

What is the advantage or perks of booking a Future Cruise Booking?

On 7/11/2024 at 6:38 AM, swin26 said:

We are also waiting for the trans pacific crossing from Seattle or Vancouver to Japan via Alaska with the following circle around Japan. It is usually the very end of September

This is exactly what I’m waiting to see. Pacific crossing itineraries are rare and I’d like to see if the 2026 one works for me or not before moving on to other ideas. 

12 hours ago, mb777 said:

What is the advantage or perks of booking a Future Cruise Booking?

A description of Future Cruise Booking benefits is on the HAL website under FAQ onboard cruise experiences. 

42 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

So does anyone know what the fall 2026 transpacific itineraries to Japan are? 

If they are just now releasing the summer schedules,  it's probably a couple months for Fall 26-Spring 27 schedules. 

On 8/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Travel agents used to be able to book these "future cruises" as well. We booked one that way a long time ago, but have not had a need to recently, even with booking the Eclipse cruise on Zaandam.

14 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Some online websites are showing the itineraries.  Thank you!

This is so fascinating. It will be interesting to see how many "prime location" cabins will still be left to book when the 28-day Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice itinerary is published on the HAL website tomorrow. 

Don't get me wrong, it is what it is, and each cruise line plays their own booking game. It's just nice to know this little HAL booking tidbit.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This is so fascinating. It will be interesting to see how many "prime location" cabins will still be left to book when the 28-day Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice itinerary is published on the HAL website tomorrow. 

Don't get me wrong, it is what it is, and each cruise line plays their own booking game. It's just nice to know this little HAL booking tidbit.

It shows itinerary and pricing but not yet available for booking.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

4 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It shows itinerary and pricing but not yet available for booking.

That's cool. But when I think about what @Harboursiders and @CruiserBruce posted earlier regarding the option to possibly "reserve" a cabin early, it just makes me wonder what might also be going on behind the scenes for those in the know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Looks like you can see the 2026 Alaska itineraries and possibly book them on the website now.

Just to confirm you can now book the Alaska 2026 itineraries on the HAL website, as we just got finished booking one this morning on the 28-day Alaska Arctic Solstice this morning cruise.

• Like 1

My HAL PCC just booked me for the 14-Day Great Alaska Explorer cruise in the same stateroom I will occupy on the preceding Pacific Coastal cruise. 

Price was $300 higher for the same room as last year.

On 7/11/2024 at 2:52 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

When will Holland open their 2026 Alaska itineraries?  Which cruise lines do Alaska best?  We’re on NCL in the Mediterranean now and although the ports have been fabulous, the food and entertainment haven’t been as good as other cruises we’ve been on so we don’t want to use them again. We want to do a land and sea combo. We already have another Mediterranean cruise booked for next summer, so that’s why we’re looking at 2026. 

Highly recommend HAL land/sea tours. I would always do the land tour first followed by the cruise Just getting to ride the HAL McKinley Explorer Train was worth the whole trip for me. HAL and Princess have been cruising to Alaska longer than the other cruise lines and HAL is considered by many to be the best. I have cruised in Alaska with both and did find HAL to be a little better, especially onboard food if that makes a difference to you. Enjoy planning.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Because that is a different "season". Too soon.

The September Alaska cruises are on the website. The spring crossing was part of the itineraries released as the last of that season, so the logic should follow the September crossing would be the end of the Alaska season. But oh well. 

• Like 1