Hotel in airport?

We stayed in the Sheraton at the Amsterdam Airport and it was connected to the airport.  We could walk indoors to our terminal.  Does the Sydney, Australia airport have a hotel in its airport?

21 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We stayed in the Sheraton at the Amsterdam Airport and it was connected to the airport.  We could walk indoors to our terminal.  Does the Sydney, Australia airport have a hotel in its airport?

If you mean international, we have stayed at Rydges Airport Hotel. Very short walk thru car park to hotel or terminal. If you mean domestic (great question) as I am also interested in this option, but I don’t think for domestic there is one.

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

This link maybe of help - Sydney Airport Hotels

There is one hotel inside the International Terminal at Sydney airport, Aerotel.  

There are several other airport hotels, with a range of prices, but they may not be convenient. Sydney airport has two entirely separate international and domestic terminals, that are far apart. You cannot walk between them, so you have to take a train, or a taxi or a shuttle bus (and it is not a good frequent service). 

If you are just looking for convenience for a very brief overnight stay, pick a hotel that is close to the terminal you want.  You will need a visa for Australia once you leave the international terminal.

6 hours ago, Carol28 said:

That sounds wonderfully convenient!  No nothing as good as that here. 

No airports I have been too have a fully undercovered seamless experience of being  able to just walk in and out of the hotel and the airport.

Great idea though!

59 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

That sounds wonderfully convenient!  No nothing as good as that here. 

No airports I have been too have a fully undercovered seamless experience of being  able to just walk in and out of the hotel and the airport.

Great idea though!

We have stayed at a 'hotel' in the Singapore airport. Rooms are booked by the hour. 😁 Of course, my husband had to make jokes about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have stayed at a 'hotel' in the Singapore airport. Rooms are booked by the hour. 😁 Of course, my husband had to make jokes about that.

Back in my single days I travelled to the UK on Royal Brunei Airlines. On the return leg I booked into a hotel room in the Brunei airport during my transit. This is the ONLY time I’ve stayed in a room with an hour rate! 😱

• Haha 3

On 7/13/2024 at 3:57 PM, Aus Traveller said:

We have stayed there several times and appreciated the convenience  

Just a shower to freshen up and to be able to spread out after long haul flights is close to heaven,  If you have a longer stopover. there is also a full size hotel and swimming pool.

On 7/13/2024 at 8:03 AM, Carol28 said:

As mentioned, Sydney has one inside the airport - Airotel. Aerotel Sydney | Airport Transit Hotel - Aerotel (myaerotel.com)

It is not a genuine transit hotel, so if you are arriving in Australia, you need a valid visa and to clear customs to stay there. Access is inside the arrivals area at terminal 1 (international). If departing Australia, you need to be processed by customs after checking-out of the hotel. If you want to rest up before or after an international flight to/from Australia, it could be what you are looking for. They do have an hourly rate for short stays. It is not a convenient option for domestic flights.

As mentioned, Rydges is outside the international terminal, but is walking distance and much better pricing for booking by the day. There is a whole bunch of Sydney airport hotels that are serviced by an inexpensive shuttle service. Our choice for a late international flight out of Sydney is to stay at the Holiday Inn, pay the extra hours for a late check-out, then take the 15-minute shuttle to the airport.

The closest hotels to the Domestic terminals is the Accor group including Mantra and Ibis Budget. It is doable walk from Domestic terminal but would be horrible with any kind of large luggage.

Getting FROM the terminal to these hotels is problematic because you effectively can't walk and it's near impossible to contact them to get on their shuttle. Of course you can grab a taxi but it would be an uncomfortable ride with a very grump taxi driver lol.

On the return journey you can catch their shuttle which was a full sized coach when we used it. It was $12 pp and the trip to the Domestic terminal takes less than 2 minutes. 

Another option to consider if transiting would be an airport lounge.

Many international airports (and lots of domestic ones) have lounges that you can pay to access. 
They often have complimentary food available and some even have showers. 
Some are operated by airlines but you don’t necessarily have to be flying with that particular airline.

I’ve not used a lounge at the Sydney airport but my wealthy aunt often flys (business class) with QANTAS and will use their lounge. 

On 7/13/2024 at 6:26 AM, resordanis said:

If you mean international, we have stayed at Rydges Airport Hotel. Very short walk thru car park to hotel or terminal. If you mean domestic (great question) as I am also interested in this option, but I don’t think for domestic there is one.

We also stayed at Rydges at Sydney International Airport.  We were on the way home to WA from OS.  There is an internal bus from the International Terminal to the Domestic Terminal.  You actually go through security there to and arrive air-side at the domestic terminal.  Very, very convenient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1