Live: July 20-27 Norwegian Fjords Apex

46 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

yeah unfortunately people on a group of mine for the cruise are impacted. One person leaving Ireland was ok just had to be at the airport a lot earlier. One guy is stuck in Germany right now and won’t get to the UK until midnight. Another is stuck in Boston her flight is not taking off because of it. I heard some Canadian flights are completely cancelled right now 😬

My train was busy so wondering if people moved train lines. 

This unfortunately shows anything can happen so last minute travel is not good. I saw some are driving down today and the roads are bad they’ve been on the road for hours and no where near Southampton. 

I think this one is a doozy though between that and seeing someone who didn’t do their check in with passport info until yesterday and found out the kid’s passport doesn’t have six months on it - the day is a bit like 🤯

Oh jeez.  What a mess.  Even though I know our passports are fine I checked a bunch of times.  lol.

Arriving the day before still makes sense provided it is doable for ppl.  That stinks for those that it didn’t work out for.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

We visited one of the Venchi stores in Venice.  Lots of free samples. I see from their website they have a handful of stores in the states, but it doesn't look like they have any in CA.  I saved all of our nightly turndown Venchi bits from YC, brought them home, and binged on them.

Your risotto looked pretty, but it did not look appetizing. 

I am really enjoying your updates here and on IG. 

I can tell you are in full-on vaca mode already and thoroughly enjoying it.

haha my chocolate never made it off the ship. 
yeah the guy in the store offered me chocolate to try for free. 
There was a seafood pasta I liked the look of but I will admit I sometimes make a mess so was worried I would spill food on myself 😅

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Oh jeez.  What a mess.  Even though I know our passports are fine I checked a bunch of times.  lol.

Arriving the day before still makes sense provided it is doable for ppl.  That stinks for those that it didn’t work out for.

Mine expires early next year and I have a trip in December so it’s short the six months by a week so will be renewing my Canadian one when I get back from this trip. My UK one expires next June so will leave it until next year to space them out a bit more. 

yeah I think the plan was for them to be here the day before but they are still traveling. I was lucky I have five weeks vacation a year. UK people normally have at least four weeks but not everyone in North America has that. When I first started working they gave me two weeks 😐

can’t do much with that 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Mine expires early next year and I have a trip in December so it’s short the six months by a week so will be renewing my Canadian one when I get back from this trip. My UK one expires next June so will leave it until next year to space them out a bit more. 

yeah I think the plan was for them to be here the day before but they are still traveling. I was lucky I have five weeks vacation a year. UK people normally have at least four weeks but not everyone in North America has that. When I first started working they gave me two weeks 😐

can’t do much with that 

Nope.  I’m a teacher so when I have breaks I can’t add on before/after so a week doesn’t give you much leeway.  If a cruise leaves on Saturday then I’m coming in late Friday or Saturday (I don’t do this but lots do in order to travel.). 

Looks like you are already having a very interesting journey, not to mention dodged the bullet from Crowdstrike too.  Nowadays with travel, anything can happen, so being prepared does definitely help when things do go wack-a-doodle.  Hope once you get onboard, you can unpack, relax and get the cruise vibe going.🤩  Thanks for sharing!

30 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Nope.  I’m a teacher so when I have breaks I can’t add on before/after so a week doesn’t give you much leeway.  If a cruise leaves on Saturday then I’m coming in late Friday or Saturday (I don’t do this but lots do in order to travel.). 

Yeah that’s a hard one. 
Especially if it’s leaving from another country 

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Looks like you are already having a very interesting journey, not to mention dodged the bullet from Crowdstrike too.  Nowadays with travel, anything can happen, so being prepared does definitely help when things do go wack-a-doodle.  Hope once you get onboard, you can unpack, relax and get the cruise vibe going.🤩  Thanks for sharing!

no problem

yeah i have my work laptop with me because coming back I have a 12pm flight then my 5pm flight has already been pushed to 7pm meaning I’d land at 8pm and get home at 9pm. It’s the last flight of the day so it was better to have it than not just in case. 

I lucked out when I called my husband today his work was impacted which I wasn’t surprised about as his company deals with trucks and border crossing/homeland security so he’s lucked out as he took vacation days even though he’s at home with the dogs. 

I feel bad for the people scrambling. It’s not how you want to start your vacation 

• Like 1

It’s cruise day 💃

I don’t know what has happened, maybe it’s the travelling but my hands are swollen to the point I can’t wear my rings. I’ve been fine only started end of day yesterday. It was bad I’ve had to use soap and water to remove my wings because it was causing pain 😔

hoping it goes down. 

I had breakfast the the hotel as it was included in my booking. They had pastries, cereal, waffles and hot food available. 

IMG_3386.thumb.jpeg.f300c76f68bb52a211a108ee30d245d9.jpeg

IMG_3387.thumb.jpeg.9d848c35eaf6d4ec81ef86235fd13ff8.jpeg

IMG_3389.thumb.jpeg.f444034b2c638fbe76bfd011f437c04a.jpeg

93ECE18C-1A85-402F-86E1-368A2001D55C.thumb.jpeg.5a7ecbc208f29ecd49d1b96537754c42.jpeg

IMG_3376.thumb.jpeg.60a245a2b5cb2e249255b06b07f866f4.jpeg

im packed up and waiting. Other than me being swollen so is my suitcase I’ve only bought some chocolates, two tins of biscuits, a pair of shoes and one dress. I think part of the issue (or hoping) is that I’ve been living out the bag for three days so when on board and all the packing cubes are out and eventually repackaged it should be better - at least I haven’t touched the expand zipper…. Yet

Currently in my room watching tv and waiting. Done the muster videos already so just waiting for 11ish to call an Uber ad my check in time is 11:30 

IMG_3394.thumb.jpeg.5ffc98d0a10237a5cd7e950d5227d348.jpeg

IMG_3385.thumb.jpeg.d543641c485b07d5be5df286bf16f678.jpeg

• Like 14

Have a fantastic cruise. I just got off this morning after an amazing 12 days.  I can’t say enough about how great the crew are. You will be well looked after, that’s for sure. Will be following as we had considered staying on for a back to back. We’ve been to all the ports before and know you will have a great time exploring. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

This dress is somehow familiar..... 😉 Enjoy your cruise 🌺

Thanks

lol yeah I think Charla inspired a few people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Binbrooklady said:

I’m following along as well. We will be on the Apex TA in October. Did you spend the night before the cruise in Southhampton? If so, what hotel and would you recommend? Thanks.

I stayed at the Moxy. I know a lot of people do Holiday Inn but I have Marriot rewards so it worked out. My stay included breakfast as well which was handy. I know around the corner there was premier inn as I saw it when I crossed over the road to go to the shopping centre which had loads of stores and restaurants. 
one thing based on today check how many shops are in. I’ll go into it more in a bit but the city today was a little chaotic 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

It works with US and Canadian. I used the CA one. I think the sign was UK, Eu, US, CA, Aus and some other passports that can use the gates. 

Great.. that can really save some time for sure.   Iain usually uses his U.S. Passport but also had a UK passport

Edited by Jim_Iain

BON VOYAGE..We are book on APEX in 2025...Caribbean.

Charla just started a live from... wonder if she'll wear the map dress?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

don’t know what has happened, maybe it’s the travelling but my hands are swollen to the point I can’t wear my rings.

I have had similar issue when eating out a lot due to the increased salt content in the food. 

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Charla just started a live from... wonder if she'll wear the map dress?

Odds are 1 million to 1 she will.  And Gen Z will have her matching one on.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great.. that can really save some time for sure.   Iain usually uses his U.S. Passport but also had a UK passport

same I have both. I’m used to use the UK one but there’s not really a difference now as it’s the same line

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have had similar issue when eating out a lot due to the increased salt content in the food. 

I'm thinking it’s that I mean I’m lactose intolerant but have been for years and it’s not bothered my hands so thinking it’s salt and general travel 

Day 1 Southampton 
There were three maybe four ships in so it was chaos in the city today. My hotel had signs for pre booking a taxi but honestly it didn’t do people any good. I ordered a Uber and was there in five minutes. All the people pre booked cabs had a mess, either cabs were coming and people missing so they would take someone else or people waiting a long time. One family had been waiting 30 mins when I waited five so yeah Uber was the better option. 

The drive wasn’t bad after London but for Southampton it was but didn’t take long. When I got to the horizon terminal there were signs separating. Those who had luggage tags and who didn’t (I guess not to hold people up).  Next was scans and passport check I think from drop off to bring on the ship was less than 10 mins.

I bordered right around the sushi restaurant so heading to my stateroom I’d pass my muster station (guy did a little talk on what to do but took maybe 2 mins max) then headed to my room and dropped off everything I didn’t need before taking a short walk and heading to Le Grande Bistro for lunch. 

IMG_3402.thumb.jpeg.d888133dd697d57c6d03e33d44d3506d.jpeg

I didn’t want to deal with the buffet on boarding day as everyone was heading there. Lunch took an hour and a half a little unorganized from the sommelier as there was no drink menu, when the waiter came by to ask if I ordered a drink I told him no menu and no sommelier, so then the sommelier came by asking for drink order and still no menu. Yes I asked for one but for some reason there weren’t any so no idea what rose I had 🤷‍♀️ 

IMG_3422.thumb.jpeg.bd1d8a78e84955754ed77cc5b1744fa1.jpeg

IMG_3423.thumb.jpeg.8c9fca60a4c73e86c99445a4bdf0affe.jpeg

IMG_3426.thumb.jpeg.2d2e1ad5f30652466e87e65ca095cc4b.jpeg

After lunch I headed back to my room as the sign earlier had said it would be ready at 1. Bag was down the hall so collected it and unpacked. 

Next up I took a walk by the martini bar and grabbed a seat and a drink (yes I had a waiter come by I know people keep saying you can’t get served but so far martini bar 👍
After I decided to take a walk outside I was going to go to a group meet but it started raining so headed to trivia instead. 

IMG_3439.thumb.jpeg.f898ee56ebe3beb74d3690137a61b636.jpeg

Once trivia was i took a stroll over to Eden which is a little busy due to it raining so people are sitting inside for sail away. 

IMG_3441.thumb.jpeg.d3e189df8dee90cbfe1ca0728a9e8a9a.jpeg

For dinner I headed over around 5:45 to Cyprus. Now the ‘recommendation’ Celebrity left me was for 7-7:45 but I don’t eat that late it affects my sleep so ignored it. Honestly I don’t think it would matter it was busy from start to finish I think as the sailing is packed. I didn’t have a reservation there was a sign there for those with fixed dining and those with anytime so one group to the left and one to the right. I waited maybe 1 minute to be seated. Dinner took an hour and a bit I had octopus starter and lamb for main both really good. I had the apple pie for dessert the pie was good but the ice cream 👎
It’s supposed to be vanilla but I did not taste any vanilla it was the same flavour as the whipped cream so yeah tasted like someone mixed the items to make ice cream missed the flavour part so literally was cream that was frozen as is. 

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.482de3c1e1591e2a1b7997c01d5430c8.jpeg

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.dd2cefd852788df16199275d4dbc00ce.jpeg

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.eb1102ea74be244444faa33624c1f105.jpeg

After dinner I took a walk outside as the sun came out before heading to relax in Eden for a bit as there was an acoustic duo playing before heading over to the game show and trivia.  

IMG_3471.thumb.jpeg.456c0de65dfb2f424fe5133334da3741.jpeg

IMG_3472.thumb.jpeg.74bc59ab82d39d454c7d06251a8fefde.jpeg

IMG_3470.thumb.jpeg.a520cd1cf8013957ebd6161e076147be.jpeg

So gameshow was a true/false game and the prizes they handed out were the ‘galley tour with lunch’ certificate. Trivia was usual pop sockets as a prize. 

After this I headed to bed as the clocks were going forward an hour which they have been reminding people about all night but my guess is there are going to be someone or people who miss that and miss excursions. Also was told to take passports with us as the Belgium authority in the port tend to check. Literally had a call left and it’s in the paperwork. We will see how this goes 😬

IMG_3430.thumb.jpeg.17521e9dc18aeb2cd82cedc8900955a1.jpeg

IMG_3431.thumb.jpeg.6680f43f5b183840b3f257ee7da93b92.jpeg

IMG_3432.thumb.jpeg.d639624ec19202e0482adefe28455d91.jpeg

IMG_3433.thumb.jpeg.0bb99a06e02dcab1cf1b135682167d41.jpeg

IMG_3437.thumb.jpeg.3826ca94c88e84573db1324256643950.jpeg

bonus pic of the trolls they have in store

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.27fcd980a055a6077e0a07b5b2785e2d.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We never had any problems getting served in the martini bar on the last cruise. Plenty people were there with drinks but few were actually drinking martinis. Agree with you on the vanilla ice cream. It was so tasteless.