Booking a cruise online then transfer to TA

My TA is unavailable right now and I am interested in booking a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The price is right and the current sale offers $100pp on an inside cabin. Ive never booked a Princess cruise online so not sure what the rules are on transferring the booking to her upon her return.   I also want to use our FCD for the deposit which also gives us additional onboard credit. 

If I'm successful in booking myself without using a princess rep, can I transfer the booking directly to my TA and not lose either the pricing, cabin or my OBC or does she have to re-book it to transfer it to her? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ask your TA to fill out the transfer form for you to sign and send back. They will take it from there. We have done this several times when we've jumped on a good fare ourselves. It doesn't change your fare or booking number.

Edited by MJC
Typo
  • Like 1

You did not share how long your TA would be unavailable. Personally, I self-book all the time. I would go ahead and get it booked to make sure you get the deal you want. Then, the TA can adjust most anything that you may have missed. Like @MJC says, you *do* have a time limit to transfer the booking. 

On 7/13/2024 at 6:16 PM, Therese S. said:

My TA is unavailable right now and I am interested in booking a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The price is right and the current sale offers $100pp on an inside cabin. Ive never booked a Princess cruise online so not sure what the rules are on transferring the booking to her upon her return.   I also want to use our FCD for the deposit which also gives us additional onboard credit. 

If I'm successful in booking myself without using a princess rep, can I transfer the booking directly to my TA and not lose either the pricing, cabin or my OBC or does she have to re-book it to transfer it to her? 

I book all of my cruises by myself as I can pick what type of stateroom that I want & the location. Once I have my booking number I contact my agent with my booking number & have them transfer it over. I’ve never had to fill out any papers or send anything to my agent other that emailing them with my booking number. 

Tom😀

39 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I book all of my cruises by myself as I can pick what type of stateroom that I want & the location. Once I have my booking number I contact my agent with my booking number & have them transfer it over. I’ve never had to fill out any papers or send anything to my agent other that emailing them with my booking number. 

Tom😀

When was the last time you did this? Previously, TA’s could takeover a booking with just the booking number. Your TA could be submitting the form to Princess and eSigning for you?

Made  my booking yesterday and received the additional OBC from this weekends promotion.   Had no idea it was so easy to just book it yourself!  The form was easy and asked me If I wanted to use our FCD's for the deposit, of course yes, and rec'd more onboard credit.  My TA's backup contacted me this morning and forwarded the transfer form to me to fill out and send back to Princess.  All in all very simple. 

I did discover though that previously when purchasing Princess vacation protection is was 9% on the base fare.  Well its still 9% but the base fair now includes the required Cruise fees and Expenses. 

Thanks everyone for your help

5 hours ago, Therese S. said:

I did discover though that previously when purchasing Princess vacation protection is was 9% on the base fare.  Well its still 9% but the base fair now includes the required Cruise fees and Expenses. 

@Therese S. I think you need to have your TA review this!  Government taxes and fees are fully refundable as per the Princess cancellation policy and the passage contract. You should not have to pay for insurance to cover a refundable charge. The fees are included with the base fare when you are first searching a cruise but can viewed as separate line items on the page just before you pull the trigger to book.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:15 PM, trbarton said:

Tom😀

We just did a transfer and they required us to fill out a form and send it back to Princess to transfer it to our TA.

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

We just did a transfer and they required us to fill out a form and send it back to Princess to transfer it to our TA.

Hi there, how did you get the form back to Princess with your original signature?   Did you fill  it out online, then print, sign, scan,  then email to Princess?  

8 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Hi there, how did you get the form back to Princess with your original signature?   Did you fill  it out online, then print, sign, scan,  then email to Princess?  

Yes.