Mobility Scooters

Looking for information as to a good company to contact to rent a scooter (having an ankle & foot issue) to be delivered to my stateroom on the first day and then picked up at the stateroom on the last day. 

Posted (edited)

We used special needs at sea for my husband's scooter rental.    You pick up in your cabin on day and on disembarkment day you can leave it in the area where they meet (varies per ship) for people that need wheelchair assistance to get off the ship. 

https://www.specialneedsatsea.com/reserve-equipment/scooter-rentals/

I found this company to have the best pricing.

If you need assistance getting on the ship, there is an area in every port where you can request wheelchair assistance for boarding.  

Do you have an accessible cabin?   If not, it will be difficult to manuever the scooter in and out of your cabin as well as an obstacle to store in your cabin if in a standard balcony, OV or interior.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

@dedosr

Mobility Equipment Guidance

Here are some important things to know about bringing a mobility device onboard.

If you will be using a mobility device or have special needs, we strongly recommend you travel with a person physically fit to assist with your needs both onboard and ashore.

Although we do not offer mobility devices onboard for personal use, you are welcome to bring your own device. Alternatively, we do partner with the following companies who provide wheelchairs and other medical equipment for rent, and they can deliver directly to the ship. If a rental is a better solution for you, please do contact them directly.

Please ensure that your mobility device meets the following specifications:

• Maximum device width: 22” for standard staterooms, 31” for wheelchair-accessible staterooms
  • Maximum combined weight of the wheelchair, including guest: 600 pounds (weight may vary outside the United States)

Your mobility device must be securely stored in your stateroom when not in use. This will ensure that hallways and other public areas are clear for other guests and crew to safely move throughout the ship. We do not offer alternate locations for mobility device storage onboard. For assistance onboard with charging your equipment in your stateroom, please contact your stateroom attendant.

If you are bringing other mobility equipment onboard or if you have booked Princess transfers, pre or post hotel stays, Cruisetours or shore excursions you must complete our Mobility Questionnaire (PDF) and return it to us at least 60 days prior to sailing.

Please be advised that filing out the Mobility Questionnaire is to ensure that our Access team can properly assist you with your accessibility and mobility needs. It is not an approval or confirmation of any request, nor does it guarantee being booked into or moved to an accessible cabin. Please ensure that you discuss your cabin needs with your Travel Advisor or our Reservations department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve used Special Needs at Sea.  They will be able to tell you whether the type of scooter you want will fit in your cabin.  As they deliver the scooter to your cabin they know what will and won’t work on different ships and different cabins.  I rented from them in 2019.  I was on Celebrity Equinox in a regular, not an accessible, cabin and we had plenty of room.  Bring a doorstop to keep the cabin door open when coming and going if you don’t have someone with you all the time.

IMG_1301.jpeg

I have used both of those companies and found that they both have excellent service and similarly priced. A scooter will be waiting in our accessible stateroom when we arrive in Vancouver in September, and we have reserved wheelchair assistance to/from airports to terminal and onto ship! The company allowed me to reserve the scooter in Vancouver and then they will pick it up when the ship ends up in Tampa, FL!! Perfect! Reservations easily made! Happy cruising and cheers to all!